Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I guess we'll see what happens, I'd like to believe Grubb but insiders have burned us all so many times.

I don't think he has ever been wrong about showcases though. Not that I am trying to dissuade you, being cautious is healthy, but it is why I believe when normally I wouldn't.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I don't think he has ever been wrong about showcases though. Not that I am trying to dissuade you, being cautious is healthy, but it is why I believe when normally I wouldn't.
He's been right about them happening yeah, but if I remember correctly he was also the one to hype up last year's showcase by saying it would introduce us to phase 2 of the PS5.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

View: https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1789329523948810726

27d.jpg

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I hope its sometime this week but I'm going to guess it's going to happen around the 20th/21th mark of May. i'd be surprised if its sooner than that! Either way, I'm excited!

It'll depend on what it is. A SoP could be this week since they give a day or two notice before they air. But Showcase's get a week in advance notice.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing we'll get the announcement this Wednesday / Thursday and it'll air the following Wednesday / Thursday. I just hope it doesn't leak.

The announcement usually gives us a good idea of what the showcase will contain. Especially in regards to whether to expect much from First Party Studios, so that will be interesting.

We also get the Sony financials this week, so that could reveal some interesting info in the meanwhile.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Since we didn't get a leak at the weekend saying it will be announced this week, its probably not happening this week.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
IMG_0007.png
As shared by Izanagi89
We might get a really good showcase

Yeah I mean we knew 25/26 were gonna be the major years, since dev cycles are getting bigger and bigger.

After the Insomniac breach we saw that 2025 was indeed being the heavy hitter year with the inside scoop of Wolverine and other studios

We could that 2024 was a "pending" year as they focus on putting remakes, remasters out there.

Plus if they do get the PS5 Pro out this year it buys them time until next year to drop some really big games.

Personally I cannot wait for it

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Yeah I mean we knew 25/26 were gonna be the major years, since dev cycles are getting bigger and bigger.

After the Insomniac breach we saw that 2025 was indeed being the heavy hitter year with the inside scoop of Wolverine and other studios

We could that 2024 was a "pending" year as they focus on putting remakes, remasters out there.

Plus if they do get the PS5 Pro out this year it buys them time until next year to drop some really big games.

Personally I cannot wait for it
Wolverine is 2026 though.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i think he refers to some kind of strategy meeting. i read about it in the other thread (about the fy results).

Oct 27, 2017
IMG_0007.png
As shared by Izanagi89
We might get a really good showcase

It makes sense 2025/2026 should be really busy years going by PS Studios' release cadence in general. We should see new stuff from:

Santa Monica Studio - last release November 2022
Sucker Punch - last full release July 2021
Guerrilla Games - last full release March 2022
Insomniac Games - last release October 2023
Naughty Dog - last release September 2022
Firesprite - last release February 2023
Bluepoint - last release November 2020
Kojima Productions - last release November 2019 (followed by various ports)
Neon Koi - never released anything but I think having something out by the end of 2026 doesn't seem unreasonable?
Bend Studio - last release May 2019 (if we assume it's true they didn't start on their new IP until 2021 then depending on scope they might even release beyond 2026)

I feel like Housemarque, Media Molecule and Haven likely won't have anything ready until 2027, and if this new team under Jason Blundell is real then we're probably looking at 2029 if they're working on a typical AAA new IP!

Could be either really. I think a Showcase this month is happening but you can't really infer that from these comments given there's also 2 Business Segment Update meetings, or whatever they're called.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
This is so getting announced today.

I want all hands on deck for this announcement. Angie on the announcement thread, people scouting Twitter and Discord; give me the whole package. I will be preparing the Happening Bunker.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Angie willed the showcase announcement for today. Era's best insider ❤️