• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
F4yqsdJ.png

Previous record

YEsHLfO.png

Instagram data

JkiJWg8.png

Facebook data

WxL41pu.png

JasperMyst

Powered by Friendship™
Sep 25, 2023
It's the single most hyped game in existence.

A total cultural gaming reset is coming just like what it felt like when GTA5 was released.

Too hyped? I don't care 🤭

Lamine

Nov 28, 2023
i don't think people fully realize how big GTA is in every part of the world.
these games are bigger than Star wars

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Not surprising, only "Minecraft 2" could possibly come close to these numbers.

Ganado

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
But I heard that the Fortnite stuff ran circles around GTA VI from this very forum!

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
So, I mean, this should really, truly cement it with people who humour Rockstar needing a platform or hype machine for their titles.

For a long time now the Rockstar name branding has been so strong they, as a publisher, can literally do whatever the fuck they want, whenever the fuck they want, in consideration of the marketing cycle, because the name and branding of the company and their titles holds amongst the largest sway in the interactive entertainment industry. They don't need an event hosted by a console owner. They don't need the Game Awards or whatever else. They don't need E3, GDC, or anything else.

GTA is such a monstrously powerful brand, so widely recognised and desired on a global scale, that Rockstar have comfortably gotten away re-releasing and updating the multiplayer for the most recent iteration, for literally a decade, made bank doing so, and still break a record by posting a fucking trailer date image on twitter for the next game.

beeboo

Mar 13, 2023
Its the biggest most anticipated piece of media in human history so makes sense

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Genuinely think the internet is gonna go out for a bit when the trailer drops.

Era will go down, YouTube may go down, twitter will grind to a halt if not go down, even tiktok may go down

sakkeke

Oct 16, 2021
Finland
I'm going to watch that trailer too many times. I'm not even the biggest GTA-fan, but the game just as a media cultural phenomenon will be something we haven't seen or experienced for a very long time - if ever.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
And here's me not even having played a GTA game since 2008 lol.

To say GTA is popular is an understatement, whatever the budget was for making this new one, it'll be way more than recouped on pre-orders alone. And that's before getting into the new version of GTA Online which will likely come with the game and will keep the funds rolling in for Rockstar for a long time.

I still remember the days they were DMA Design, how far they've come!

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
But I heard that the Fortnite stuff ran circles around GTA VI from this very forum!
I'm real happy for GTA and imma let you finish, but this also kinda shows how over Twitter, I mean X, is. Roughly 1 percent of the people who bought GTAV liked this tweet. Less than one percent if you go by Minecraft or Fortnite players.
Cristiano Ronaldo posting himself drinking a coffee gets 5 times as much engagement on Instagram than this GTAVI trailer date tweet.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Fortnite is the most embarrassing shameless game to ever be released to me. Shocking it gets so much support in the mainstream.
But wait until you hear about this really exciting $20 mtx that puts your character in a costume that we'll say is "(x) coming to Fortnite".

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
And here's me not even having played a GTA game since 2008 lol.

To say GTA is popular is an understatement, whatever the budget was for making this new one, it'll be way more than recouped on pre-orders alone. And that's before getting into the new version of GTA Online which will likely come with the game and will keep the funds rolling in for Rockstar for a long time.

I still remember the days they were DMA Design, how far they've come!
All this hype and I've never played a GTA
Both you guys should give V a shot, the campaign's phenomenal

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Totally wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the most watched/analyzed trailer ever when it drops. Every content creator and their grandmother's are going to be making hour long vids dissecting every frame.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
I bet we'll get an emergency alert on our phones when the trailer drops. And we'll be thankful for it.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Grand Theft Auto is the game people who don't play games play. Of course it is.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Never played a GTA game before, but I might try this one to see what's all the hype about this series is.

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
GTA basically is the quintessential idea of a videogame sandbox, like ask a person who doesnt know about videogames how one works , and the answer that will come out of their mouths will be some form of a GTA game than any other videogame in existence.

No wonder it has this pull even so many years after the last one.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Nothing like a good rampage in GTA to unite humanity!

Joking aside, they got the original ps2 trilogy generation and modern GTA players locked in.

Cronogear

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
All this hype and I've never played a GTA
I remember playing San Andreas with my cousins when I was younger, but we basically just messed with cheats the whole time. I also bought GTAIV when it came out due to the hype, played for a few hours, got bored, and never played it again.

I haven't played a Rockstar game since, so the current hype cycle of "Most anticipated piece of media ever" is a little bewildering.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest entertainment ip today. I feel like literally everyone with a console or a pc is gonna buy this game.