• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
www.gtplanet.net

Polyphony Digital is "Considering" Releasing Gran Turismo on PC

Gran Turismo 7 image by RaY29rus UPDATE: Since this article was originally published, Kazunori Yamauchi was interviewed by Japanese media on December 22, 2022, where he reiterated that Gran Turismo on PC is something he would consider but confirmed it is not currently in development. As a resu

Some of Sony's biggest franchises have already made their way to the platform, including Santa Monica Studio's God of War, Insomniac Games' Spider-Man, and Naughty Dog's Uncharted 4, with more expected to follow.

Naturally, this has led many to speculate if Polyphony Digital's Gran Turismo series could also be making the jump, and we were curious to ask Yamauchi-san if that was something he would consider.

"Yes, I do think so," Yamauchi replied.
But, there are some caveats.

"Gran Turismo is a very finely tuned title," Yamauchi-san explained. "There are not many platforms which could run the game in 4K/60p natively, so one way we make that possible is to narrow down the platform. It's not a very easy subject, but of course, we are looking into it and considering it."

EDIT: As it's being brought up again GTPlanet released their source audio from the interview in which Kaz gave this answer. He never mentioned a PC port was in the works and GTPlanet never claimed that to be the case.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT-xs9xXd2I
Jordran Greer(GTPlanet): A lot of major PlayStation Studios are now producing games for PC. Is that something you would ever consider for Gran Turismo?

Kaz: Yeah, I do think so, yeah.

Kaz towards the end: But of course, we are looking into it and considering it.

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
It was on the Nvidia leak so it's to be expected.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Yeah yeah, dabble in PC if you feel like it Polyphony, but what about a PSVR2 version? Show some compassion! :-D

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I thought this was confirmed already. Given Sony's push on PC it wouldn't surprise me to see GT7 on PC either in 2023 or 2024, maybe as GT7 A Spec or something.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
I'm not surprised in the slightest as that was on the Nvidia leak. Plus PS previously mentioned that they would release their live services games on PC, and I would imagine Gran Turismo would take priority over anything else in that category.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure it'll be released on PC around the same time as the GT movie so they can co-market them. Maybe the PSVR2 update for the game could come out around the same time too.

hannuraina

Prophet of Truth
Jan 7, 2018
haven't played since gt3. would love to see it. what % of Nvidia leaks have come out now?

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Full PSVR2 support would be a bigger deal to me than PC port.

But PC port would offer this great sim game to so many new players. PC is after all home of serious sim racing.

So I hope they do both.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I would imagine licensing would be the main hurdle here but maybe they thought ahead and considered a possible PC when they acquired all the licenses for the game?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Would certainly be great to have true ray tracing implementation, not just on replays @ 30fps. And modders would no doubt do great thing on the VR front in the absence of official PCVR support. I'd double dip for sure.

Konosuke

Oct 29, 2017
But, there are some caveats.

"Gran Turismo is a very finely tuned title," Yamauchi-san explained. "There are not many platforms which could run the game in 4K/60p natively, so one way we make that possible is to narrow down the platform. It's not a very easy subject, but of course, we are looking into it and considering it."

Man, Kaz is so full of shit, they released the game on PS4, there are many PCs above that spec already, what's there to consider?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Man, Kaz is so full of shit, they released the game on PS4, there are many PCs above that spec already, what's there to consider?

He's not permitted to reveal future release plans and would get in a lot of shit if he let that slip. That's why we get responses like this that are either vague or dance around the subject a bit.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
We've known this since the Nvidia leak. Pretty exciting though.

GT7 is awesome but it'll be interesting to see where it falls with the PC market where it has a lot more competition.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
What is even there to consider, what a nonsense statement. PC is the home of driving simulators and getting Gran Turismo would be immense, that's guaranteed couple of millions copies.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
www.gtplanet.net

Polyphony Digital is "Considering" Releasing Gran Turismo on PC

Gran Turismo 7 image by RaY29rus UPDATE: Since this article was originally published, Kazunori Yamauchi was interviewed by Japanese media on December 22, 2022, where he reiterated that Gran Turismo on PC is something he would consider but confirmed it is not currently in development. As a resu
So next time when a dev says 'its considering' that means that its already in development! 😏

..Jokes aside this, GT7 was in the nvidia geforce now leaks so its already in development likely.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
An ocean of free revenue sure is something to think about. I'm sure it'll happen in due time.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
Maybe that could bring a large update to ps5 only? I would love them to push that hardware to the brink of destruction.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Would help if they expanded the base game, because GT7 has been so disappointing. A PC port would be great to add new tracks and features.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what Sony title isn't eventually coming on PC? Seems like an obvious thing to do