• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Could we.. get some in this thread? 👉🏼👈🏼
It looks so dense and compact, like no bigger than a street fair aside from the verticality.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
They disabled right clicking and downloading the image from the forums, so you have to use some tricks to get each and every single image. :( Even the file extensions were removed if you download the forum as a web page download.

Some Twitter tweets were deleted, and some Instagram photos require login access.

For example, take this chonky boi Toad here....

test1qj5o.jpg

Just using this image itself, takes a whopping 5 minutes just to figure out how to reupload the images. :(

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
Saw the photos

don't know what to think. Kinda underwhelming and small. Even the nintendo direct video felt off

edit: the small toad mascot is cute though

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
They disabled right clicking and downloading the image from the forums, so you have to use some tricks to get each and every single image. :( Even the file extensions were removed if you download the forum as a web page download.

Some Twitter tweets were deleted, and some Instagram photos require login access.

test1qj5o.jpg

Just using this image itself, takes a whopping 5 minutes just to figure out how to reupload the images. :(

I gotchu

133624723_3429486423844507_3236722665417471885_n.jpg
133088538_148777683428824_7616784422243653249_n.jpg

132430784_843597849752062_5717454284506929101_n.jpg

132642932_426202761906156_6009711982701352266_n.jpg

Ep-RfV6VoAUZ3-L

132331033_112021740773949_8613111288779164644_n.jpg

132198744_116235416924316_5030367908297538993_n.jpg

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017

Just click with the mouse wheel (or CTRL+left click), open them in a new tab and save them there.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Oh wow, that thread is sorted by most recent replies in ascending order. The further back in the thread pages, the older the replies are.

Just click with the mouse wheel (or CTRL+left click), open them in a new tab and save them there.

Is that how to do it? I see. My usual way of getting it fails because of the lack of file extensions on the images I downloaded.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't sure about making the thread here since USJ and Nintendo asked people not to share photos from within the park online until 2/4. I love discussing this though so Im happy someone made the thread. lol

Oh wow, that thread is sorted by most recent replies in ascending order. The further back in the thread pages, the older the replies are.

Is that how to do it? I see. My usual way of getting it fails because of the lack of file extensions on the images I downloaded.

Themeparx is sorted by newest. If you go back that thread will go all the way to photos of it in construction and leaked concept art.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland

test1qj5o.jpg

Have you tried left clicking first, then right clicking the image that opens? Works for me.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

lol no worries, at this point its all over Twitter. Nintendo ninjas have been out taking down images though, so save backups just in case.

On themeparx there's a walkthrough of the queue for the Mario Kart ride which shows a ton of new rooms inside Bowser's Castle. Watch it before Nintendo takes it down.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Have you tried left clicking first, then right clicking the image that opens? Works for me.
No I haven't tried that before. It didn't occur to me to try this until I realized those photos are from Facebook. That explains the missing file extensions when I attempted to download them for reuploading.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Mario Kart queue has way more to it than the official media release which was just the Bowser statue and MK trophies.

Theres also a library and factory in Bowser's Castle, replica versions of the Mario amiibo outfits from MK8, and Lakitu even does the rider safety video with guests in the form of Miis.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I'm somehow really bothered by this, I shouldn't be. But aren't his legs too long? =D There's something off here.
132198744_116235416924316_5030367908297538993_n.jpg

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Saw the photos

don't know what to think. Kinda underwhelming and small. Even the nintendo direct video felt off

edit: the small toad mascot is cute though
It's two rides (one main attraction and smaller ride), a quick service restaurant and some shops. That's the pretty standard design for any park expansion. The people who expect a Nintendo theme park are bound to be disappointed by having the wrong expectation.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

test1qj5o.jpg

Buahahaha that Toad is chunky. I will hopefully be going to Nintendo World end of March.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Talk about false advertising. I don't see a Super Nintendo anywhere in those pictures.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, i dont know if the toads work. I thought they were perfect in the restaurant being virtual (and maybe add them as animatronics in other places) but as full fledged photo characters, they dont look good.

And still no sight of a walking around Princess Peach (in a similar vein to disney princesses), wouldnt be surprised if Miyamoto didnt want that to happen (a human dressed as a peach) and gave a shitty excuse like, she is already kidnapped.

The Mario Kart queue is bsolutely great (nearly full queue in this video)

But I think theres missing potential some screens with cinematic racings during the MKTV section, and maybe add the Toad commentators from Mario Tennis Aces with actual voices commenting the racing. Seems they are using Lakitu for the pre ride video part, so we will see him also voiced.

The best part is probably Bowser's office were he has a model of the a stage in the mushroom kingdom to plan killing mario and luigi with enemy placement (and there also a cute nod to mario galaxy there).

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Figured it'd be tiny. Kinda like Hogsmeade but even fewer rides and restaurants. Oh well, still want to go, but wouldn't go out of my way to get there.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
No Princess Peach Castle to explore?
This surprised me, as I thought you could explore the interior of Peach's castle.

Its acting only as an entrance and its only the main hall with a really small scale (with a bobomb battlefield and big and small goomba stage paintings)
Scale of it from the outside is similar to California Disneyland's castle.

The whole area is very WiiU era centric sadly, there were some idea by the Universal Creative team scraped becuase of Miyamoto's idea of unifying everything going for the most generic version of the games. Thast why this is based in 3d world, mario kart 8 and is still using Mii's ina big way for the preride videos. Even the future Donkey Kong area is based on Returns (I do hope that know, they can change the fucking tiki masks in the first concept art that was made for King K Rool)

Last edited:

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
It's two rides (one main attraction and smaller ride), a quick service restaurant and some shops. That's the pretty standard design for any park expansion. The people who expect a Nintendo theme park are bound to be disappointed by having the wrong expectation.
You're forgetting it's not a theme park itself, it's a new section of a theme park.

I compared it to wizarding world of harry potter from universal or galaxy's edge from disney.
But maybe it's one of those things where it feels better if you see it live

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I compared it to wizarding world of harry potter from universal or galaxy's edge from disney.
But maybe it's one of those things where it feels better if you see it live
This is a little different because while it seems smaller in the exterior area, is multi floor and the mountain surrounding the castle and plaza are all interactive underground walking areas with theming. Mario Kart has also a HUGE ride footprint.
Galaxy's edge is indeed bigger though, but the original Wizarding World is a similar walking area size to this, its just a different shape.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I bet I would've gotten a kick out of this as a kid. I'm curious to see the shape of the place after a couple years and a few thousand people have been punching the same blocks.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
No I'm "bothered" by Mario's body proportions. Like I said, it's not a thing to be bothered by. But watching the picture it just seems wrong for Mario. I'm not "tall shaming" the person if you think that.

marios proportions are absurd and trying to match them 100% with a costume I think is not really something I care about personally.