OP
OP
Ashodin

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Oh they're not in a linear timeline?
They are, just that you can skip around to various content as need be or if you feel like it.

Most people like to go into Path of Fire for instance just a bit to get the raptor mount, which can help traversal in Heart of Thorns zones much easier.

Mount unlocks are account wide too which allows players to use alts much faster.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are, just that you can skip around to various content as need be or if you feel like it.

Most people like to go into Path of Fire for instance just a bit to get the raptor mount, which can help traversal in Heart of Thorns zones much easier.

Mount unlocks are account wide too which allows players to use alts much faster.
Oh nice. Forgot they added mounts. Thanks.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
IMO i think you need to play Season 4 of living world, one the main characters in the story goes through a massive transformation, Season 4 is the completion of Path of Fire, you need to get it, there will be some confusion in EOD as to why this character is now like this..

Season 2, 3, and Icebrood saga is not needed, but if you were a GW1 player season 3 is heavy on lore..

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
By the way, if I played the original Season 1, do I need to login now still to unlock it in my account and have it appear in the journal like the other seasons?

OP
OP
Ashodin

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
unknown.png

Damn this game looks so good sometimes.

Diessa Plateau, Roadrunner Raptor skin, Reshade + SSRTGI

The shadows across the back tailfeathers just gets me

Last edited:

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
What, Bladesworn is so much fun (maxed it this morning and finally gave it a go). It's a mix of Samurai and Gunbreaker from FFXIV, love it.
Also got over 100g for the first time! It's not as hard to make gold as I thought which is great.

OP
OP
Ashodin

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
What, Bladesworn is so much fun (maxed it this morning and finally gave it a go). It's a mix of Samurai and Gunbreaker from FFXIV, love it.
Also got over 100g for the first time! It's not as hard to make gold as I thought which is great.
It's so good I had to build my Warrior Sylvari to use it. It's very very fun

unknown.png

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious (I've got ep 1+ of Ice Saga to do before EOD), how has EoD been recieved?

I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it, I'm just curious on the general consensus on the expansion.

cyress8

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Just curious (I've got ep 1+ of Ice Saga to do before EOD), how has EoD been recieved?

I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it, I'm just curious on the general consensus on the expansion.
It is pretty good. Anet getting a lot better with the story and cinematics. People are finally adjusting to the classes and Mechanist is the best class. Meta events are really fun.

OP
OP
Ashodin

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC

There was some difficulties with the final zone meta, but they've been tweaking things to make it easier and easier over time. Strikes are a great way to get materials for legendary weapons, and the rewards are often asked to be better.

ANet on the whole has been better with communication than they've been in YEARS so it's fresh and fun.

Jamesp19

Jan 29, 2022
Tried GW2 at launch and fell off it pretty quickly. Already much further in this time and enjoying the leveling experience. Definitely feels less grindy than some other mmos - at least, so far! Great to see so much excitement with the new expansion and hopefully I'll get to that content soon :) Will be keeping tabs on here!

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
I'm Incensed!

wZuPYAS.jpg

Another component of Vision down, many more to go. I've already gotten Glimpse, so I just need to collect the materials to make the more expensive parts of the recipe work.

On to the Icy Runestones...

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
It released right around Elden Ring, so that vortex sucked the air out of everyone's room

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense actually. But I probably should've at least known the date pre-release lmao.

Big whoops. Gonna have to sit my butt down soon and crank through the remaining living world eps. Can't believe everyone's been having fun doing new metas. 😤

brownmagic

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about rolling another character. I only play Necro right now, and I played Ranger in GW1, so looking for something different from those two. How are Guardian, Thief, and Ritualist for PVE? I'd like to start farming gold / mats so I can upgrade gear much faster, so I'm guessing a profession that can be effective in Strikes / Fractals would be good?

Maledict

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you mean Revenant ? There is no ritualist in gw2.

In terms of revenant, for open world it has one of the strongest builds in the game (condition damage renegade). For pve in groups it has a number of permanent alaricity builds so is basically guaranteed a spot in many set ups.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
The next LWS1 release, "Sky Pirates", is set to drop next week along with a new Strike Challenge and the first themed legendary variants.

Dragon Bash 2022 is two weeks after that.

Sky Pirates Release!

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Time for Sky Pirates!

(Youtube Link)

Patch notes.

en-forum.guildwars2.com

Game Update Notes: May 24, 2022

05/24/2022—May 24 Release Notes Living World Season 1—Sky Pirates In the wake of the climactic events of the Personal Story, schemes begin to come to fruition behind a festival. As the city of Lion's Arch gathers to celebrate the defeat of a dragon, whispers reach the Pact commander of a looming ...

More details on acquiring the new Legendary Variant Weapons.

www.guildwars2.com

The Facet of Shadow and Death – GuildWars2.com

Unlock the first Elder Dragon legendary weapon variant skin collection in tomorrow's release.

So, what's everyone working towards lately? I'm trying to get a few more Mastery Points to finish out the last of my EoD masteries, and the hardest part of creating Vision aka amassing the coin needed to buy the materials I'm short on. Then, I'll probably start grinding towards Ad Infinitum or Warbringer; I haven't decided which yet, but the latter might be easier though costlier in coin (commander tag, ugh...). Beyond that I'm slowly acquiring the ascended weapons for the new specializations; I've only finished one so far (Specter).

Last edited:

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I just recently got all the achievements from the Aetherblade CM, so going to work on Xunlai Junkyard and Kaineng CMs in the next couple of weeks.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I'm just now getting around to EOD after the rest of the February games bonanza. So far this is really good! I didn't play much of the last two seasons so maybe I just missed the writing becoming actually good, but so far at least it really is.

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
Nope. I believe you have to be in the same region (EU vs. NA), but worlds in that region I think are really only relevant for World vs. World.
You don't even need to be in the same region to join a guild. You just won't be able to play with the people from the guild (but you can chat with them in the guild chat).

If I am not wrong, because it has been really long that I joined and changed regions.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Man, Arborstone and Echovald Wilds really are something. Most I've just been literally awestruck by a game in awhile outside of Elden Ring.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Okay, Norn. Time to let that song go for good.

www.guildwars2.com

Dragon Bash 2022 is Live – GuildWars2.com

Patch notes.

en-forum.guildwars2.com

Game Update Notes: June 7, 2022

06/07/2022—June 7 Release Notes Dragon Bash It's time for Dragon Bash! It wouldn't be a proper celebration without your attendance. Join me in Hoelbrak for another moot for the ages! There will be tests of strength, racing, food, song, and most importantly—ale. I'll see you there. Unless, of cour...

Everyone go visit Hoelbrak for some hologram fighting, moa betting, raptor racing, and pinata smashing.

And a tip: if you want to participate in the stampede then you're going to need two things: 1) a fast mount and 2) a tagging build.

EDIT: WHAT'S THIS? AN ACTUAL UPDATE TO DUNGEONS?!?

Dungeons

Dungeons are the first instanced group content new players can experience in Guild Wars 2, and with this update we're looking to simplify and standardize their rewards structure for a more satisfying experience.

• A new global dungeon currency, Tales of Dungeon Delving, has been introduced.
    • All previous dungeon currencies have been retired.
    • Completing any dungeon will now award Tales of Dungeon Delving.
    • Existing dungeon currencies will be converted to the new Tales of Dungeon Delving currency upon logging in.
  • To purchase rare armor from a dungeon merchant, players are required to complete the dungeon story mode associated with the armor.
  • To purchase exotic armor, weapons, and legendary gifts from dungeon merchants, players are now required to complete the dungeon explorable mode associated with the item.
    • Note: Accounts that have already completed any story mode or explorable path before this change are exempt from this requirement.
  • The final chest awarded after completing each explorable dungeon path will now award one piece of rare equipment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ashodin

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Dragon Bash especially poignant this year because of what it means

Edit: yeah the Dungeon changes are a HUGE deal

Last edited:

Maledict

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The dungeon changes are utterly pointless and don't address the problems with dungeons at all.

Namely that they are some of the least fun, worst designed content I've ever experienced in an MmO and one of the reasons it took me so many years to get into the game. They are *terrible* in terms of content design. Shockingly bad. They have a whole host of problems (length variation, hiding of objectives, difficulty spikes, horrible encounter design, endless rezz circle chains due to shitty encounter design etc etc). When they moved away from dungeons it made total sense because they actively turned a lot of people I know off the game.

Fixing the reward structure doesn't change how bloody terrible they are, and how poorly they reflect the rest of the game.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
It's an improvement in a sense but if it's the same currency for all dungeons then the only farming parties will be for the easiest dungeon path of all the dungeons combined

OP
OP
Ashodin

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
The dungeon changes are utterly pointless and don't address the problems with dungeons at all.

Namely that they are some of the least fun, worst designed content I've ever experienced in an MmO and one of the reasons it took me so many years to get into the game. They are *terrible* in terms of content design. Shockingly bad. They have a whole host of problems (length variation, hiding of objectives, difficulty spikes, horrible encounter design, endless rezz circle chains due to shitty encounter design etc etc). When they moved away from dungeons it made total sense because they actively turned a lot of people I know off the game.

Fixing the reward structure doesn't change how bloody terrible they are, and how poorly they reflect the rest of the game.
One would hope this is the first step to giving another pass to them, tbh

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
I forgot how aggravating Pinata Bashing can be: 1 skill missing the pinata because you're not one step closer; 2 skill's inconsistent leap height not targeting the ground, landing you past your target, ending the attack phase too early or simply not giving you enough lift to get over a table; and 3 skill's impressive tendency to leave you stuck in a wall or falling through the map right when you've got a good run going.

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017
Just got back to the game after quitting shortly after it released and I just reached HoT content last night. Holy shit man.
It's like FF XIV if they put all their budget in zone design and exploration instead of story. The gliding, the new abilities to help you navigate, the verticality of it all, it's pretty damn incredible! That thick lush forest reminds me a bit of the ancient forest in MHW and I love it. I'm in Auric bassin now and I have a hard time imagining the later expansions topping this O_O