criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017

- New battle mechanics
- New special moves (for some characters)
- Network lobby improvements
- Balance changes
- New characters
- "planning multiple updates that should bring a fresh new experience even for players dedicated to playing one main character."
- Menu shortcut setting like Xrd Rev 2 returning, to access a specific mode/menu quicker (unsure if this is season 3, it is mentioned casually).
- Summer 2023, so sounds like possibly premiering later this week at Evo?

Can't copy and paste from the article from my phone, so I'll edit my OP later, but at the bottom of the article they discuss the changes to season 3 and they're exciting!

I can't wait to see all these changes and the new fighters, I only got into Guilty Gear last September, but it has become a game I'm obsessed with. I love the characters, fighting systems, the insane lore, the memes, and everything else. I picked up the older games and have been watching a lot of coverage of the series on YouTube too. So seeing the game do so well, and right behind Street Fighter 6 at Evo, when Evo is breaking records, makes me happy.

Oct 25, 2017
Who cares about generic cool guy slayer when real gangster GG characters like Dr Paradigm and Fanny rot in obscurity.

OP
OP
criteriondog

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
If they give May some new moves i might consider giving it another shot.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not too surprised this season will be a big change, but im glad to see it. I'm looking forward to how it plays out.

Oct 25, 2017
IKs are a gigantic waste of resources but I am interested in the new moves and mechanics.

If you look at the new mechanics they added to Revelator there's quiite a bit:

Stylish Type
  1. Introduces an extra button (Special, SP) for performing specials and Overdrives.
  2. Connecting normals in sequence results in situational auto-combos and blockstrings.
  3. Holding no direction in neutral blocks mids and highs automatically.
  4. Stylish characters take 20% extra damage from attacks.
Throw Break
  1. Occurs when two players attempt to normal throw each other at the same time.
Homing Dash (GGD.png > 6) overhauled
  1. Now forces the opponent into a tumble with the character pursuing them, normals re-tumble for a while, then cause the opponent to plummet.
  2. Normals can be cancelled into other normals freely for a short period of time, as with Homing Jump.
  3. Opponent still wall sticks if they reach the corner.
  4. Performing no homing action after GGD.png no longer causes wall stick in the corner.
Burst Overdrive
  1. Augmented Overdrives that cost both 50% Tension and the entire Burst Gauge.
  2. Only one Overdrive per character can be used as a Burst Overdrive, specifically their cinematic Overdrive.
  3. Performed by doing the motion for the Overdrive and pressing GGD.png (ex: 632146GGH.png becomes 632146GGD.png).
  4. Burst Overdrives have fully invulnerable start-up and deal 25% more damage than their regular counterparts.
  5. Minimum damage is also increased, but the percentage varies on a case-by-case basis.
  6. Some Burst Overdrives have additional benefits specific to the Overdrive in question.
  7. Successfully landing a Burst Overdrive restores a third of your Burst Gauge.
Blitz Shield altered
  1. A successful rejection now slightly refills the Burst Gauge.
  2. Crouching Blitz Shield can now be performed by pressing 3 + GGH.png + any other attack button except GGD.png.
  3. Crouching Blitz Shield no longer rejects mids.
Blitz Attack
  1. Performed by holding GGH.png during a grounded Blitz Shield.
  2. Can be charged by holding GGH.png longer and continues to reject while charging.
  3. Upon glowing red, the charge will reject all rejectable moves until release, regardless if they're high, mid or low.
  4. At max charge, the attack itself gains a greatly increased Attack Level and can no longer be rejected by a Blitz Reversal.
  5. On ground hit, causes horizontal blowback with wall stick in the corner at partial charge, crumples at max charge (or on Counter Hit at partial charge)
  6. On air hit, causes horizontal blowback with wall stick in the corner at partial charge, floats with wall stick in the corner at max charge (or on Counter Hit at partial charge)
  7. Partial charge version has 55% initial proration, max charge version does not prorate.
  8. Steals a small amount of the opponent's Burst Gauge on hit.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
New battle mechanics, new specials and balance changes has me kind of interested as someone that completely skipped season 2. It's probably never going to happen, but if they added gatling to this game I would be kind of happy.

oldyella

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Johnny gets added this season. Tried a few characters from the first season, and just like in Xrd, nobody feels as right to play for me as Johnny does.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
IKs are a gigantic waste of resources but I am interested in the new moves and mechanics.

If IKs ever do happen, I'd like them to be a new normal super for everyone that can turn into an IK when the right conditions are met.

Because yeah, as it is it would be better to use that time to work on other things if it's just the traditional IK.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
more characters that weren't in Xrd would be nice but knowing Arc Sys they are gonna put a popular character as the very first character since that would sell the most so the next character is either gonna be Johnny or Slayer

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
most of the characters i'd be interested in playing are in the game already, i just want new moves to make them more exciting. the gameplans in this game get a bit dull to run after a while.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
If IKs ever do happen, I'd like them to be a new normal super for everyone that can turn into an IK when the right conditions are met.

Because yeah, as it is it would be better to use that time to work on other things if it's just the traditional IK.
They can copy Granblue Fantasy's homework where if you kill with the super you get special win pose. Is it copying homework when you did both?

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
They can copy Granblue Fantasy's homework where if you kill with the super you get special win pose. Is it copying homework when you did both?

I was thinking like Blazblue Astral conditions need to be met and then it would IK the rest of the opponent's HP.

But yeah, as an extra cinematic flourish like GBVS instead of a super that almost never gets used in practical situations.

Last edited:

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Woah, hopefully S2 DLC gets a sale soon, want Bridget but never got to buy her because I never seen it on sale

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
New mechanics will get me back in, that said what I really want in games like this going forward is that frame meter stuff that SF6 has. It makes learning characters feel so organic

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
I have a question; I have the base version, do I need to to buy season 1 and 2 before this drops or can I just buy season 3 and be fully up to date?

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
But if you're on Steam there's a good chance you can get a discount on the future Ultimate Edition that would contain the game + the 2 season passes upon S3 release. IIRC that's what happened when S2 came out.

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to change the damn lobby, hopefully that changes fundamentally.

But yeah I'm hyped for this, I want to play more Strive but I want to be motivated to do so.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember mulling over the idea of them adding in Xrd moves a couple years ago. Glad to see it actually happening.

Open up more Gatling routes too hopefully.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I just want them to streamline the process of getting into matches. I actually like playing this game, I just cant stand all the dead time between fights anymore. The few fighting games I play let me get into matchmaking and into matches within a minute or two.