• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
First it's KOF02UM that gets rollback and now it's Plus R. You love to see it!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Seems like they reached out to the people working on their own GGPO mod and made it official.

theosmeo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
god this is just the best, now all of my worries about strive can be relaxed coz we always got this !

GabriocheXD

May 27, 2019
This version of GG is batshit insane. Characters and mechanics are so complicated that it goes full circle and becomes fun for fighting game enthousiasts without having to invest too many hours into it. Like, dizzy has a tracking bubble and her j.2c is a crossup. Insanity.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
New games struggle with delay based netcode while old games gets patched and laugh. What a time to be alive.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Oh, I've got the game on PS3 and Switch.
I hope they go the SNK way and don't forget the consoles...

Dec 23, 2017
Whoa, what!? GGPO?!

tumblr_inline_nga6ayGkKb1rw8tv3.gif

G-good netcode?! W-what is going on?!

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Wat? Actual rollback? From the fan project nonetheless? But people here says that arc sys is a shitty developer that don't listen to fans feedback!
/s

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Did they ever explain why they skipped this on PS4 for their anniversary bundle? I'd love to play it, but I can't.

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So if I were to pick this up and play; on a scale of 1-10 how hard would I get bodied by the veterans?

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Time to never give a fuck about Strive ever again! It's impossible but I pray that their modern 2D fighters get something too.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Please explain how to do this :D
Sure, you just have to create a Japanese Nintendo account.
Then create a new user on the Switch and login with the JP credentials. The JP eShop usually doesn't accept credit cards from overseas, so you'll have to purchase eShop credit from Play Asia for example. Buy and download the game, then you can play it on your regular account.

GG Accent Core + currently costs about 7 bucks now:
store-jp.nintendo.com

GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE PLUS R ダウンロード版

任天堂の公式オンラインストア。「GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE PLUS R ダウンロード版」の販売ページ。マイニンテンドーストアではNintendo Switch(スイッチ)やゲームソフト、ストア限定、オリジナルの商品を販売しています。

Last edited:

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Sure, you just have to create a Japanese Nintendo account.
Then create a new user on the Switch and login with the JP credentials. The JP eShop usually doesn't accept credit cards from overseas, so you'll have to purchase eShop credit from Play Asia for example. Buy and download the game, then you can play it on your regular account.

GG Accent Core + currently costs about 7 bucks:
store-jp.nintendo.com

GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE PLUS R ダウンロード版

任天堂の公式オンラインストア。「GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE PLUS R ダウンロード版」の販売ページ。マイニンテンドーストアではNintendo Switch(スイッチ)やゲームソフト、ストア限定、オリジナルの商品を販売しています。

Edit: I meant 100 yen, not 1 yen, and thanks to DanteMenethil, I just went to check out the JP eshop, and I got Double Dragon 4 for 100 yen! :P

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
This is such good news. In my opinion this is still the best guilty gear. It's going to be nice to have guard cancels again.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I remember playing this on my PSP or something I believe. It was fucking tight.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Excellent news and I love that they reached out the fans making their own mod. GGPO all the things.

KOF13 next pls

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Between this & Strive, I'm glad that ASW is embracing rollback netcode. Hopefully they keep it going.