• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
There is a real hunger for a realistic battle royale among PS4 players it seems. PUBG shouldn't have done a deal with Microsoft... maybe?

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
On course for 10m by the end of summer.

Let's hope this gives the devs the incentive to invest and improve the title.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn double post.

The shooting alone is way better, plus vehicles change up things enormously.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Nice. I hope they start updating it big time. The recent patch was a good start, but it's gonna need a lot more to maintain even a fraction of that playerbase, especially once more competitors start flooding in.

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
Thank god for Game Pass, its really making a difference. /jk

A lot more people than I thought ... I had figured that Fortnight had already captured a lot of the hunger. Interesting.

gates2

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
There is a real hunger for a realistic battle royale among PS4 players it seems. PUBG shouldn't have done a deal with Microsoft... maybe?

The CEO of Bluehole in an interview explained that Sony did not allow PUBG to be sold on PlayStation in the state it was in.
Or still is in. Microsoft however, sent one of their best developers (the Gears team) to Bluehole to fix PUBG, but there is no ETA on when this will have any effect.
Once PUBG is fixed, it should be able to release on PlayStation. No exclusivity deals are in order because Phil Spencer is now the boss of Xbox, and he would not do something like that :-)

This weekend there should be at least 7.000.001 players, because I am download it lol.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good for them and Sony. Personally I thought the game lacked personality and felt rather generic.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good on them. It looked a little too rough for me from what I saw someone playing it on twitch and fortnite' s building style doesn't appeal. However PUBG on pc is like crack to me so I think most people will find a battle royale game they like, especially if they keep releasing them.

What gives Sony an advantage in this f2p battle royale space is they don't charge for f2p online.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If Pubg performs good on ps4 (none of that ridiculous rubber banding and pop in) then im sure itll garner a solid player base. I bought pubg on xbox but the performance and clankyness just killed it for me.

Fort Nite is my go to BR. I also tried Hz1 and it was to similar to Pubg for me to keep playing it, add that zombie factor in and im all in though.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I really like this but I have issues with prevalent the cars are at the end of the game. Could do with them being weaker to weaponry or something.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
I need to jump back. I had fun when it dropped. But recently got into Rainbow Six Seige. And the Paladins BR mode is fun as hell with the crafting.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
knew this would happen with no realistic BR alternative on PS4. if PUBG doesn't reach final soon and launch on PS4 i can imagine they will have lost PS4 players completely.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Daybreak really screwed up on the PC front. They let PUBG completely take their market and blow up to heights they probably didn't even know could be reached.

Wonder where H1Z1 could have ended up if they stayed on top and had got the PS4 version working over a year ago. They lucked out with PUBG going with a timed exclusivity on Xbox.

Oct 28, 2017
Damn double post.

The shooting alone is way better, plus vehicles change up things enormously.

The shooting is one of the things I don't like about this game personally, not feeling it at all. Carmageddon during the end game is also quite lame, I think vehicles should be rarer and maybe easier to take down, give us the ability to blow out tires or something.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
To bad by the end game it's pretty much just people in cars driving around in circles. And for the love of god please introduce some colors. You don't have to go all Fortnite but give me sun green and red. Everything just looks like a grey mess.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i dig this game. will definitely keep playing it for the foreseeable future. although its a bit concerning that they refer to it being an open beta; do they plan to start asking people to pay for it? im talking pay for the game itself not cosmetics or skins. it should stay free to play but allow purchases for skins and whatnot as a long term strategy. and id like to see them make graphical enhancements and insert unique world details into the currently very similar building interiors. the actual world itself has some very fun and interesting design elements to it. each quadrant of the map has its own distinct topography and layout which lends itself to varied gameplay naturally. i really dig the vehicle handling too. could be a little tighter but i liken it to playing gta 4 for the first time and coming to grips with it's unique vehicle handling physics.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
I'm guilty of downloading it and playing which is something for me as I've literally played one game online in the last year or two and that was Fortnite when it first launched. I've already put more into this than Fortnite (can't play PUBG as I don't have a system to play it on) and can see the appeal. Came 2nd on my first go, which was exciting so I'm understanding the Battle Royal craze.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Damn and I thought this game missed its chance because of Fortnite and PUBG...guess not lol.Good news,it's not my kind of game,although I might try it but always happy to see a successful game.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
Damn and I thought this game missed its chance because of Fortnite and PUBG...guess not lol.Good news,it's not my kind of game,although I might try it but always happy to see a successful game.

Looks like there's a market for a battle royal game without building mechanics (which I didn't enjoy), so good on them for getting it out there on PS4 while the iron is hot. Another year from now and I expect people will be getting sick of all the "me too" BR games hitting the market.

Gurish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
It's easy to see how popular it is with the amount of streams it got, some of them are the most watched.

It's becoming harder and harder to judge a game's success based on Era and other gaming communities. You wouldn't guess those games are so huge judging from their presence in this forum, but there is such a huge crowd that is disconnected from the traditional "core" community and they are becoming more and more influential and important. Maybe they are even the majority by now.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The shooting is one of the things I don't like about this game personally, not feeling it at all. Carmageddon during the end game is also quite lame, I think vehicles should be rarer and maybe easier to take down, give us the ability to blow out tires or something.

It's not perfect but compared to Fortnite's shotguns as the be all end all it's much more improved, I can actually win duels.

VirtuaRacer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The CEO of Bluehole in an interview explained that Sony did not allow PUBG to be sold on PlayStation in the state it was in.

Or still is in. Microsoft however, sent one of their best developers (the Gears team) to Bluehole to fix PUBG, but there is no ETA on when this will have any effect.

Input from The Coalition centered on improving the control scheme for gamers playing on the Xbox pad.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I don't play that often but I've enjoyed my time with it. Far better than PUBG due to match length being shorter and it runs great on the Pro.

It's really ugly to look at though and carmageddon in the end game is lame.

Alo0oy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bahrain
It's easy to see how popular it is with the amount of streams it got, some of them are the most watched.

It's becoming harder and harder to judge a game's success based on Era and other gaming communities. You wouldn't guess those games are so huge judging from their presence in this forum, but there is such a huge crowd that is disconnected from the traditional "core" community and they are becoming more and more influential and important. Maybe they are even the majority by now.

Neither ERA or Twitch are accurate barometers of success. If they were, Dark Souls would be bigger than GTA.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
It's fun and the animations and cosmetics are horrendous so my wallet is safe.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Still remember saying this would have no staying power, looks likes it will do just fine.

Apr 19, 2018
People were laughing at me when i said they had even 2 haha. Hopefully it will grow, definitely more fun even for looking like a PS3 beta