Status
Not open for further replies.

ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
Chronos is the new Chaos from Stranger of Paradise

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Such an instant purchase for me. Played 15 to 20 minutes on a break and absolutely loved it. Just the right mix of fresh and familiar so far.

JSRF

"This guy are sick"
Aug 23, 2023
Is it true there's an "easy mode" now?
I only saw God Mode which was also in the first game. Basically every time you die it gives you a little bit of damage reduction up to a cap. And when you complete a run it reduces that damage reduction. So you sort of get a self-balancing system.

NerevaRising

Oct 5, 2018
What was the deal with Early Access for the first game? These posts are making me nervous, lol, I built a gaming PC fairly recently, this is literally the first Early Access game I've ever bought.

On the other hand, I don't even really care if it's a janky demo where the progress doesn't transfer to the full game, if there's new Hades I want to try it.
The early access period for Hades 1 was great all things considered, extremely polished and all progress carried over from version to version. My issues with it were more due to my playstyle, the version of the game I spent the most time with was almost feature complete from a gameplay perspective but lacking resolutions for the main quest/ sidequests so by the time 1.0 released I was pretty burn out with the gameplay and never actually got to finish all the character stories...
As long as you can pace yourself I don't thing there's anything to be nervous really

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Hades was a nice surprise to me since I really don't like the idea of rogue rpg's, but they convinced me with a great story and characters. I'll wait for the full release but it's definitely going to be a day 1 purchase once it's finished.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Uf7N2MP.png

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
So this early access release seems pretty content-rich and isn't a vertical slice, and it doesn't seem like, at first glance, that it's unfinished in an annoying way (bugs!). Really tempting.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Bought it without a second thought. Supergiant has my support until they give me a reason not to, their games are phenomenal.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Have fun everyone. I'm holding back until 1.0. You can only once experience something for the first time and I want that to be the finished version.

Hades 1 ranks among my all time favorites so it's nevertheless hard to resist, but I know it's the better decision for me.
Yes, same boat.

I don't want to burn myself out before it even hits 1.0 lol, cuz I would

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Will there ever be console games early access?

Because this is the game that would make me fold

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got to the 3rd boss and they hit me for 70 health when I finally got hit lmao loving the game so far tho!

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Literally stopped what I was doing at work earlier, went to my office, and bought the game as soon as I saw it was up in Early Access haha. Can't wait to dig into it.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The first Hades is one of my favourite games of all time. I am going to buy this just to support Supergiant, but I think I will wait for the full release as I have many games to play in the meantime.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Early impressions seem good. How has it moved the needle forward?

New protagonist that is even more fun that the great Zagreus.

Brand new combat system that drastically increases the moment to moment decision making.

New enemies. New bosses. More biomes. Somehow even better music? New weapons. New RPG mechanics.

It's basically more Hades but shined to a mirror sheen and leaning even more heavily into video game absurdity but in a great way.

JSRF

"This guy are sick"
Aug 23, 2023
Hades had S tier voice acting but I think this is even better

OlaStorm

Oct 9, 2023
New protagonist that is even more fun that the great Zagreus.

Brand new combat system that drastically increases the moment to moment decision making.

New enemies. New bosses. More biomes. Somehow even better music? New weapons. New RPG mechanics.

It's basically more Hades but shined to a mirror sheen and leaning even more heavily into video game absurdity but in a great way.
Nice

What is EA about it. It looks pretty feature complete from when I was watching Cohhs stream

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
Why not wait to release the full version? Have the devs said what is the reason for the early access?

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I only saw God Mode which was also in the first game. Basically every time you die it gives you a little bit of damage reduction up to a cap. And when you complete a run it reduces that damage reduction. So you sort of get a self-balancing system.
That mechanic was in the first game too?

Never managed to beat Hades 1

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Why not wait to release the full version? Have the devs said what is the reason for the early access?

Hades 1 also had an 11 month early access period which included them listening to player feedback and polishing the game with numerous updates before launch. They are just following what worked in the past, and I don't blame them. The game is already at extremely high quality and it will only get better as they continue to polish the experience.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hades 1 also had an 11 month early access period which included them listening to player feedback and polishing the game with numerous updates before launch. They are just following what worked in the past, and I don't blame them. The game is already at extremely high quality and it will only get better as they continue to polish the experience.
Hades was in early access from Dec 2018-Sept 2020 not 11 months, It was EGS exclusive for the first year.

Blu

Oct 25, 2017

Why Early Access?

"We designed the original Hades for Early Access from the ground up, and the same is true for Hades II, our first-ever sequel. We believe everything about this game benefits from ongoing feedback, from the balancing to the storytelling."

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
1) Is it possible to "finish a full run" in H2 right now? I remember H1 early access only went through to Elysium for awhile.

2) Is the Early Access price lower than the eventual full price, so I should buy it now even if I intend to wait?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
www.resetera.com

Hades II (Early Access) | OT | Helldiver OT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Miu_akSity4 Welcome to Hades II Early Access. Available on Steam and Epic Games Store In this sequel to 2020 GotY Runner Up and my 5th favorite game of all time, we play as an witch assassin Melione, God of Ghosts. Daughter of Hades and Persephone, brother of...

Status
Not open for further replies.