Gero

Oct 28, 2017
To me this game already feels like a finished product and to think we gonna get new content through patches still, because its EA, is just cherry on top

Tsunami561

Mar 7, 2023
Torches special build can go really wild and fun, you stack on hit effects on your special and go crazy, amazing clear and decent to good single target

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
The upstairs being a whole ass adventure is fucking awesome.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Torches special build can go really wild and fun, you stack on hit effects on your special and go crazy, amazing clear and decent to good single target

yeah the hammer upgrade that changes it to a one hit big hit I initially disliked but it ended up being so strong. Just melting guys spamming special

WizdogC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious how they're going to go about getting feedback for the additional zone they're going to add in an update. Since early access players will have been grinding for many hours before that update so balancing of the mechanics won't be indicative based on what 1.0 players will be capable of doing progress wise.

This is specifically for the surface zone past the current ones.

They could ask players to start a new save? But idk how many would do that lol

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
How do you get this ErisNCP to show up? I've been seeing them all of my runs but my brother hasn't seen them once. All they do is give me a curse that makes enemies kill me faster.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It is actually literally Sam Gendel from ClownC0re featured playing the sax in both the Hades II trailer and on that Hades II OST track someone just posted in response to me. Some ClownC0re classics:

View: https://youtu.be/6Gha9xrM10w?si=ApFQQl3eYu2c1NVG

View: https://youtu.be/hT7x1NvGf5k?si=fZFwG6Kbo6BMo_g1

Yeah I'm familiar with them, I was just surprised to see them mentioned here.

That is sooo funny and super cool that he is featured on their ost. Like how?

kmadison

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 8, 2024
Does anyone know if there is a true ending to the early access like if you defeat the boss a certain number of times like the first game?

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i put over 27 hours in so far but i might step back for now and wait for the next update later this year (i hope they mean late summer and not fall/winter).
i just don't want to burn myself out before it gets the "missing" content (and balance update).

still crazy to me how much of a game there is already. the ea version has more content than some aaa 70$ games.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
Beat the final boss! After always having died in phase 1 so far I went there with a super good run, got past phase 1 with 2 death defiances, then somehow managed to beat phase 2 with an absolute sliver of health. Absolutely wild how feature-rich this game already is, especially given all there is to come still.

Also, the music is absolutely banger. I love the alt route tracks especially, adding some heavy synth on the combat version works incredibly well!

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
The upstairs being a whole ass adventure is fucking awesome.
Yeah if only there was a fun word to describe it, not sure adventure really captures the feeling

Paraphrased from Odysseus in a fun bit of dialogue. Yeah the journey and the game as a whole feels very much Odyssey inspired

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot for the life of me beat the boss of the second area,
Scylla. I realized on one attempt that focusing the band members is a waste of time because she revives them. There was one time I got very close, and I can probably do it soon, but god damn.

Last edited:

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot for the life of me beat Scylla. I realized on one attempt that focusing the band members is a waste of time because she revives them. There was one time I got very close, and I can probably do it soon, but god damn.

Uh....(spoilering just in case) she shouldn't be reviving them, outside of the 50% 'reset' with one member of the band getting a 'focus' (similar to Meg/Alecto/Tisiphone randomly having one 'main' unit getting empowered in Hades 1 pact runs) - they just share the overall 'boss' health pool, albeit I don't think it's 100% evenly split.

She revives them 'once' (once the overall boss bar hits ~50%) but I've never had them get revived otherwise....

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Uh....(spoilering just in case) she shouldn't be reviving them, outside of the 50% 'reset' with one member of the band getting a 'focus' (similar to Meg/Alecto/Tisiphone randomly having one 'main' unit getting empowered in Hades 1 pact runs) - they just share the overall 'boss' health pool, albeit I don't think it's 100% evenly split.

She revives them 'once' (once the overall boss bar hits ~50%) but I've never had them get revived otherwise....
Yeah that's what I was talking about, I tried focusing the drummer and then got burned by it when it reset.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's what I was talking about, I tried focusing the drummer and then got burned by it when it reset.

Ah, yeah.

The drummer is definitely the one to target first - her aoe spam is absurd.

Once she's gone you can generally take your time more with Scylla and the guitarist, and then at least for me, just focus her down again even if someone else is the 'soloist'.

If it's any consolation, as I said above, the 'reset' only happens once at 50%

Anuiran

Oct 27, 2017

I always focus drummer first, then the guitarist then Scylla. I do that for both resets, so kill drummer first both before and after reset. The big one I can just avoid usually till the other band members are either incapacitated or actually dead after reset.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I chase the region 2 drummer first too. Besides being a nuisance, the fact that she can't move makes her a great target to dump casts onto and try to cleave down the other band members as they cluster around her. Though I think you do have to bring down all 3 anyway for each phase anyway.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Ya for boss 2 Drummer (Roxy?) is the most dangerous, especially if they're the solo and should be your priority. There's no point in not focusing them down one by one, cause she will *always* revive them at 50% it's a built in mechanic.

OP
OP
Derbel McDillet

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
I cannot for the life of me beat the boss of the second area,
Scylla. I realized on one attempt that focusing the band members is a waste of time because she revives them. There was one time I got very close, and I can probably do it soon, but god damn.
You're thinking of the fight in a weird way.

They all share the same health pool and can be attacked together for more damage. Scylla has will be the last to go down always, but like everyone said the drummer is the easy target, but Scylla and the guitar will be close if you're close to the drummer. Use the cast to capture at least two and then and go to town with your attack until one of them gets shielded and then move onto the next.

OP
OP
Derbel McDillet

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Ya for boss 2 Drummer (Roxy?) is the most dangerous, especially if they're the solo and should be your priority. There's no point in not focusing them down one by one, cause she will *always* revive them at 50% it's a built in mechanic.
Revival seems like an odd way to describe that mechanic unless I'm missing something.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Boss of the third area I feel like I'm doing no damage to whatsoever. Game overall feels much harder than the first one.

Oct 25, 2017
Quite right. My bad. I was thinking about your post where you said you were going Fire/Ice until you won, which I also tried for a while, I just couldn't get it to enough damage to get through the last down level easily.

It was ANNeFRANKxGOKU. Thanks! I used your tip about Poseidon's staff special and the hammer that makes special shoot two seeking shots to grind both final bosses into dust.

aha you are very welcome, glad it worked out for you

there's a lot of crazy strong builds out there, when i get some time i'll post more easy ones you can do

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Boss of the third area I feel like I'm doing no damage to whatsoever. Game overall feels much harder than the first one.

Boss 3 has an absurd amount of health, yes - probably to 'counteract' him being a largely single target that doesn't have a TON of mobility, in theory

(never mind his Aoe attacks hitting well behind him with the ground pounds - definitely not bitter that one went WELL behind him, nope)

That being said, I'm starting to see 'some' damage spike happen now and then with the combination of unlocking/powering up some of the arcana cards (especially the 'cursed by two boons = 25-50% damage boost), similar to the mirror getting insane in Hades 1, now that I'm pairing boons a little better (sometimes, at least)

Still think Zone boss 3 and 4 (and even some of the mobs in zone 3 and 4) have way too much armor, and/or there aren't enough armor-break-boosting boons (among the game seemingly being stingier with boons in general, compared to grasp/arcane/coins)

Game feels a bit more reliant (as of now) on high-power boon synergies, especially those involving cast, to where it's much harder (or at least time-consuming) to struggle through boss health bars if you don't have those setups.

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it's just me but the axe is so cumbersome and takes forever to deliver an attack. The special is cool though. But it's so sluggish overall. Am I missing something/how should I be changing my play style with it?

Also, is there not a section of the book in this game that tells you how many gifts you've given to each character?

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just me but the axe is so cumbersome and takes forever to deliver an attack. The special is cool though. But it's so sluggish overall. Am I missing something/how should I be changing my play style with it?

The funny thing is the 'upgrade' for the aspect is 'faster weapon recovery', but even at the 'max' of 20%, I don't feel like it's literally any different.

I understand the intent of the 'slow but strong' weapon, but unless you grab the 'increase armor damage hammer' and/or a charge omega attacks faster boon....idk about it.

Maybe I'll have to check which gods give charge time blessings, and run with the keepsake that boosts your charge time for the next 200 seconds (to start)

Also, is there not a section of the book in this game that tells you how many gifts you've given to each character?

There is - for some reason it's a separate unlock via the cauldron.

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
You can dash in between swings and still maintain the combo. Great both defensively and offensively—most unarmored enemies will go down before the full combo finishes anyway, so you can dash to another enemy before the big slam so it's not wasted.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
yeah this game feels early accessy which why im not to downed on some stuff feeling underwhelming, let supergiant cook. Having said that, man, you NEED boons that help you take out armor and Ive run into only one that amps up the percentage.

Late game the enemies are way too damn tanky, Im hoping this is something the devs address. Not vibing with most weapons as well, I feel the magick gimmick ads a nice touch to buildcrafting but overall makes the choices you get on a run spread too thin as you can get something for omega attacks which might not work for your situation

WizdogC

Oct 27, 2017
Correcting my own wrong assumption about a potential bug. I earlier wrote about hearing Melinoe's voice as low and high pitched. I didn't realize until today that it was because I'd gotten a boon from an NPC that changes her size (either larger or smaller and gives you more damage or more speed) and they played into that with her voice as well, clever!

I pretty much used the regular axe attack as a last resort/if I wasn't swarmed with enemies. Otherwise I just used the Omega Special, Cast, and Omega Attack with the axe. I've actually got the vast majority of my clears with the axe lol. I think it's just a case of getting used to the slower timing and like others said, making use of dashes between swings to stay agile even if it's slow. But the mini shield with its Omega Special was the thing that let me just run through bosses. With the right timing I could block their major attack and then hit back hard.

Lmao did someone try to pause the game during the chronos fight? :D

Yup! Haha, luckily I wasn't in any real life emergency when I did, so when it happened and I got denied, I just took it as a fun surprise. I could be wrong, but I believe attempting to pause that fight is what then triggers the cauldron recipe that allows you to pause once you're back at the Crossroads, cause that's what happened for me.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Late game the enemies are way too damn tanky, Im hoping this is something the devs address.
I just started the game yesterday and felt right away the enemies were too tanky and figured it would work itself out over time with permanent upgrades and better builds but I guess not? lol

I'm not sure how I feel about the combat changes. I really don't like the new dash/sprint and the added complexity of the MP bar feels unnecessary. I'm gonna give it more time and obviously it's EA so a lot will change but so far Hades 2 has kinda just made me want to go back and finish the plat for Hades 1.

WizdogC

Oct 27, 2017
I just started the game yesterday and felt right away the enemies were too tanky and figured it would work itself out over time with permanent upgrades and better builds but I guess not? lol

I'm not sure how I feel about the combat changes. I really don't like the new dash/sprint and the added complexity of the MP bar feels unnecessary. I'm gonna give it more time and obviously it's EA so a lot will change but so far Hades 2 has kinda just made me want to go back and finish the plat for Hades 1.

Permanent upgrades do help and once you have the right arcana cards and you're getting high rarity boons you start cruising through. I'm pretty much at the point where I can get to the final boss in both directions fairly predictably. My overall progress has felt similar to the first game, taking into account this has almost twice as much content right now.

As for the MP bar, at first I was just trying to spam regular attacks and dashing around but now I rarely use the regular attacks and almost exclusively rely on all the Omega moves instead, the boons focused on those just melt enemy health bars. And switching from dashing to sprinting was definitely a tough mindset switch I had to make, but once I did it that clicked too.

It's totally possible that this game won't click for you, but I felt the same way at first and warmed up to all the changes.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I finally beat that fight in the second area.

Where do you get more Pearls? I need one more for something and that boss gave 1, I assume I won't get another next time.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
Beat Chronos with a crazy build a little bit ago, it shredded literally everything. Beat boss 3 in like a minute.

5sYjshu.png

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my first clear! I played so much this week holy shit- took me about 16 hours. Got an insane build with the blades and basically spammed Omega attacks without running out of mana. Got a whole other route to try so that's next.

Bummed to see the story hit an abrupt end but that's the nature of early access. I didn't get into the first game til the full release, so I wasn't completely sure what to expect here. Oh well, plenty to do in the meantime.

Overall I love it. It straddles the line so well between familiarity and completely new ideas, and I can't wait for the full game.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Fighting Chronos Got to the 2nd phase finally, destroyed instantly I had like 0 dps but crazy survivability. Was a painfully slow run.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Did a run without arcana just to get the 6 moon dust because of that prophecy thing and ended up making it all the way to Chronos lol

Didn't last long.

Then I finally got him in the next run using the skull weapon.

The boss is such a absurd step up in terms of difficulty. I had close to 300 health and 3 death defiances... ended the fight with just 40 health lol. Though tbf it was my first time seeing his 2nd phase so I ate a lot of attacks I hadn't seen before.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I bought it just because I knew I'd end up buying it eventually anyway, and I wanted to support the devs, but... F U C K is it hard not to dive in and do a thousand runs...