BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
What a treat! I missed out on the technical test and thought there would be one to wait… instant day one purchase for me.

I'm intrigued by the look of the new weapons, I'm warming up to the staff but it's not an immediate favourite. I think my previous most used were the gloves and bow in Hades 1, I wonder what it'll be this time around.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a sense yet of the amount of content in this release? Is this more like a barebones work-in-progress or more like a nearly complete game?

Bought the first game in Early Access and I'm more than happy to continue supporting SG in this way, just curious about what to expect

OP
OP
Derbel McDillet

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Shout-out to the Daedalus Hammer that let's me gain 5 health back after each Omega Attack kill. That had me beaming while I was down to one health.

I never finished a full run of Hades 1, does this have any narrative continuity or anything? Like will I be confused about things characters are saying without having completed a full run of 1? Might be too early to tell because of EA and for roguelikes I would normally assume it doesn't matter but the narrative emphasis of Hades has me wondering about it
Yes. This is a direct sequel. A standalone story, but still a sequel.

OP
OP
Derbel McDillet

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Do we have a sense yet of the amount of content in this release? Is this more like a barebones work-in-progress or more like a nearly complete game?

Bought the first game in Early Access and I'm more than happy to continue supporting SG in this way, just curious about what to expect

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

"Hades II in Early Access already has more environments, foes, and fully-voiced characters than the full version of the original Hades game. But it isn't complete, and key areas, characters, foes, narrative events, and systems are still to come.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018

"Hades II in Early Access already has more environments, foes, and fully-voiced characters than the full version of the original Hades game. But it isn't complete, and key areas, characters, foes, narrative events, and systems are still to come.

04-antonio-banderas-interview-gq-september-2019-093019.gif

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I had sold a Dota item today to buy this, but apparently the money is "pending" so I have to wait 1-2 days to access the Steam Wallet money. 😡

OP
OP
Derbel McDillet

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
I can't say I lost my edge because I was playing Hades I just past week, but I kind of suck at this. I should be able to beat the first boss, but it's like the gameplay tweaks are calling out all of my bad habits, crutches and instincts.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Can't remember the last Early Access game I bought, usually avoid them like the plague. But I am so fucking excited for Hades 2.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Hoo boy I was going to wait for a couple of updates and HDR before jumping in but my ex is the sweetest girl in the world and gifted this to me on Steam so I guess I'm jumping in as soon as I'm done with work! WOO HOO!

Jan 20, 2023
oh my god its like a cozy familiar blanket that just had a wash

so fresh but so familiar and lovely

hnggggggggggggggg

noffles

Nov 10, 2017
got about 4 or 5 runs in today and i've made one foray into the third area

absolutely loving it so far

trajon

Dec 5, 2017
Hoo boy I was going to wait for a couple of updates and HDR before jumping in but my ex is the sweetest girl in the world and gifted this to me on Steam so I guess I'm jumping in as soon as I'm done with work! WOO HOO!

Obligatory, "your ex?" Watcha doing?? Sounds like wife material!

(Reality is life isn't that simple lol. Congrats! Sounds like you guys have stayed friends which is rare and deserves to be celebrated.)

Nov 4, 2023
Insta-bought when I got home and played couple of runs already. Got to the second boss and unlocked more stuff... and now I'd like to play more even thought I need to go to bed...

Spent 100 hours in Hades 1 and got all the achievements, but still Hades 2 feels really fresh. Everything I loved about H1 is here; story, characters and gameplay, but there seems to be even more of everything already, even if it's EA.

Can't wait to play more!

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
just tried this on ultrawide
wowowowow
Hopefully they let you limit the HUD bounds later down the road, not a fan of the hud not being 16:9 or even 21:9 when on a 32:9 display
makes it hard to keep track of health/armor and mana on the fly mid-combat.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Obligatory, "your ex?" Watcha doing?? Sounds like wife material!

(Reality is life isn't that simple lol. Congrats! Sounds like you guys have stayed friends which is rare and deserves to be celebrated.)
Life is indeed very messy. We're long distance and live in different states (we lived in the same state when we started dating). I also live right behind my ex-wife, with whom I have a daughter (and with whom I also have a very happy and healthy friendship), so that makes the long distance much harder and more complicated. We decided for now that being friends is easier than trying to prop up the relationship with all of the insecurities and longing that distance introduced. She is amazing, though, and we game together all of the time and talk every day still.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Is it recommended to play Hades before this one?
I'd say yes. This is a direct sequel, and it's not like you're "going back" to something dated or stale by playing Hades first. It dominated GOTY lists everywhere for a reason, and is still an absolute joy to play. Honestly it's one of those games I wish I could experience again for the first time. It's also less than $10 USD right now on Steam so you're in luck.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks, I'll definitely be picking it up

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
It's cheap on Steam right now (66% off here in the US). It's certainly less of a risk to give it a shot and see if you like the gameplay loop, style, etc., and if you do and you get hooked, this will always be there. :)

I'd say yes. This is a direct sequel, and it's not like you're "going back" to something dated or stale by playing Hades first. It dominated GOTY lists everywhere for a reason, and is still an absolute joy to play. Honestly it's one of those games I wish I could experience again for the first time. It's also less than $10 USD right now on Steam so you're in luck.

Hades 1 in general is a 10/10 definitely give it a play and finish, sale on Steam too.

Thanks, I already own the game I just never really got into it, just gave it a quick try and thought it was fun but I had other things going on at the time lol

Think i'll wait for the 1.0 release of Hades 2 and play Hades 1 instead

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Those background vocals when you reach the second biome.. very very good, loving the OST so far.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
So how is the Meta progression that carries over between runs in this one? It's something I tend to really like in roguelites, like how in rogue legacy even a shitty run will make you a bit stronger for the next one. Heard they revamped the meta progression compared to Hades 1?

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I should really finish the original. I beat it, but I need to get the true ending.

Will probably hop onto this around late next year.
Exactly the same with me, beat it a few times but less than 10 so I have unfinished business there. Will start a file from scratch.

I bought Hades 2 because I wanted it day one in my account but I don't dare install it, I don't want to get hooked now before it has all the content and before I'm done with the first. Patience will pay off here.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got to the 3rd boss and I was pretty much 1-shot killed when I finally was hit after dodging and sprinting for so long lmao

saforia

Apr 19, 2019
UK
Wow, so Hades 2 early access has more content than the entire first game!? Unbelievable, I can't wait to dive in!

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Game feels really good! It's going to be neat to see how some of the placeholder art (which is still fine for what it is right now) evolves and gets more detailed/refined. This makes me immediately want to go back and start a fresh Hades 1 run too.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
So how is the Meta progression that carries over between runs in this one? It's something I tend to really like in roguelites, like how in rogue legacy even a shitty run will make you a bit stronger for the next one. Heard they revamped the meta progression compared to Hades 1?
Really prominent. Hades has probably the most impactful roguelike progression I've ever seen and 2 seems about on par even though things are a little different. It might be even more so because there are immediately multiple permanent resources you're picking up all the time.