• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This already feels pretty different based on my 10 minutes playing the technical test. Glad they're mixing it up.

Plus, Apollo! Hecate! MF'ING ODYSSEUS?!

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Have they stated anywhere how often they plan on letting people in?

Honestly game looks pretty much ready to go surprised they aren't just going straight into EA. Hopefully if this test goes well EA will be just around the corner!

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
So when they said they'd be letting people in gradually they meant every 5 minutes right?? /s

I'd be happy to get in here but honestly after the stream I'd probably also be fine with waiting a bit for EA

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
"We expect to start with a small player population, then grow it over time. So, even if you aren't invited to the Technical Test right away, you may still be invited later. Our process boils down to: invite some players, fix any problems they run into, invite more players, and so on. "

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
"We expect to start with a small player population, then grow it over time. So, even if you aren't invited to the Technical Test right away, you may still be invited later. Our process boils down to: invite some players, fix any problems they run into, invite more players, and so on. "

Makes sense, bummed I missed the first wave, but I have plenty of games on my plate right now!

Game already looks like a real solid base, so I'm surprised they feel the need to be so deliberate about the technical test phase. I'm guessing/hoping it'll likely go straight from Technical Test into EA.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Shocked at how much is in this. It seems the test stops at the first boss, but you can get quite a decent amount of collectables or at least a look at the systems.

monkyrez

Oct 27, 2017
I "finished" the Tech Test, it's probably a good thing they gate you from playing more or else I'd probably put an unhealthy amount of time into this tiny chunk of the game. Bought into the Early Access for the first game day 1 and I don't see this being any different.

GrayMage

May 2, 2022
Another test/beta/demo exclusive to steam...

Do consoles/EGS even have a beta selection feature such as this?

Honestly game looks pretty much ready to go surprised they aren't just going straight into EA. Hopefully if this test goes well EA will be just around the corner!
Well, not only is it a good test to iron some kinks in a controlled envirorment, but it's also generating a lot of hype. It's possibly worth doing this before EA launch just for the WoM/hype.

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

Based on their wording and past behavior, they're gonna let in a few more people daily or semi daily. I do suspect this will be a two or three week affair, and we'll see early access sometime in mid May, early June.

raddyo

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Got in, beat the Headmistress. Supergiant did it again (which shouldn't be a surprise at this point). God damn, it feels so good.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
0bd9720ccf93b8d5140d224bab39cdad.gif

hersheyfan

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Beat the tech test with the spear and the twin daggers, at this point I've seen enough. Sold, game is freaking amazing!

Its incredibly refined for an early access release, even compared to the first game's EA run.

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023
I'm gonna freak out lmao
Same, same. It's so close, I can feel it.

I'm most looking forward to seeing what new weapons we get. I don't think there will be any returning weapons unless there is a surprise Zagreus mode, and from what I remember the Steam EA for Hades had most if not all of the weapons in.

Give Melinoe the twin pistols she deserves.

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you give me hope now.

They're being very bullish on the wording, the tech test is rock solid and extremely polished, it will be exactly two weeks on Monday so they basically directly nailed their "more than two weeks, less than a month" window. So much is going according to plan.

I'm locking in my first week of May guess, EA live at midnight Friday morning. That gives them a very nice runway to a 2025 summer-fall 1.0 launch window.

Believe, friends.
Same, same. It's so close, I can feel it.

I'm most looking forward to seeing what new weapons we get. I don't think there will be any returning weapons unless there is a surprise Zagreus mode, and from what I remember the Steam EA for Hades had most if not all of the weapons in.

Give Melinoe the twin pistols she deserves.

Steam update had all six weapons and most aspects, yes.

Bunkem

Prophet of Truth
Aug 25, 2021
Have they said if progress is carrying over from the technical test? I know it isn't much but would be nice to not play those first few hours of grind again although if I have to, that's fine, game feels glorious

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023
Have they said if progress is carrying over from the technical test? I know it isn't much but would be nice to not play those first few hours of grind again although if I have to, that's fine, game feels glorious
Progress does not carry over, no. Can't remember where they stated it, but I think it was a tweet reply.

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

No progress carryover.

Hades II Technical Test FAQ said:
Note that due to structural differences with the Early Access version of the game, save data from the Technical Test will not transfer.

HADES II Technical Test Update | Supergiant Games

Supergiant Games is a small independent game development studio in San Francisco, known for its award-winning titles Hades, Pyre, Transistor, and Bastion.

Derbel McDillet

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 23, 2022
By this time next month we'll be on Early Access, question is, will it be before or after Mother's Day.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Yeah this felt extremely polished despite it being such a short piece of the game. Ran through it 5x and I've been itching to jump back in but I said I'd wait for the early access to get a little more. Glad it's coming sooner than I anticipated.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Finally got in! Had a blast. Only beat Hecate once, either on my... third or fourth try? Either had not-so-great builds or too little HP, etc. in those earlier attempts, but with this one, I had plenty of everything and had Sister Blades + Poseidon attack and won fairly easily. Felt damn good. And I even survived being turned into sheep! Stopping there and will probably just continue once Early Access it out.

The new powers and weapons are great, I like the little changes they've made to some of the returning gods, like Poseidon's splash effect only happening behind the target now, and of course Demeter's freeze. She's still my fave, and her new look rules so much. A bit bummed they seemed to have changed how Artemis works now though... She was my favorite back before they added Demeter, though she's probably tied with Demeter now. 🤔

Magic is an awesome addition, and I like the different ways to replenish them so far. Hestia's is probably my favorite for now?

I got a sick kamehameha ult attack from Selene, by the way. Super fucking cool, lol. This isn't even Early Access yet so I'm excited to see what else Supergiant's cooking!