• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Looking forward to this. Halloween and Danny McBride/David Gordon Green meet in the sweet spot of the Venn Diagram of my tastes.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I was on board as soon as I heard Blumhouse was attached

Seems that faith was rewarded

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHEN THE THEME KICKED IN

And to have the original Jason behind the mask is awesome.

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So he was shot 6 times in H1, then locked up. Are they saying he never disappeared in the end of that movie and was apprehended? I'm confused.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Not my cup of tea but that's a great trailer.

The final jump scare really works.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Corny - the mental hospital laughing scene in particular. Imma see it tho

Epinephrine

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Looks like a good time to me.

On the topic of slashers, I'm disappointed the never made a sequel to that Platinum Dunes Friday the 13th. It was the best of those reboots.

RIP Freddy, they shouldn't have made you a kiddy fucker and just left you as a murderer of children.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like that scene with the other patients going nuts with the mask, that's a nice touch.

I just hope they don't strip some of the supernatural aspects of his character. (IE him disappearing at the end of the first movie)

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHEN THE THEME KICKED IN

And to have the original Jason behind the mask is awesome.
latest

Scubamonk

Oct 30, 2017
That hospital laughing scene looked pretty bad imo. I'll probably see it anyway. Can't be worse than Resurrection.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I feel like most modern horror movie trailers all have the same tropes.

That said, the callbacks to the original were great, I just hope the movie is good but nothing about it so far makes it stand out to me.

Also, Michael looks hella short in the asylum scene.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
My favorite horror franchise of all time. I'm so happy they're ignoring every movie with the exception of the original. Michael was terrifying precisely because he didn't have any rhyme or reason for doing the things he was doing. Then they went into the whole Laurie being Michael's sister plot with the second movie, so I'm quite happy only the original plays a part with this one.

That trailer was phenomenal. Makes me believe this could easily live up to the original Halloween. I can't wait until October 19th!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I like that scene with the other patients going nuts with the mask, that's a nice touch.

I just hope they don't strip some of the supernatural aspects of his character. (IE him disappearing at the end of the first movie)
It was left ambiguous. It wasn't meant to be outright considered super natural in the first movie.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Another trailer that shows too much imo. Not that we don't already know what a slasher film looks like, but have some restraint

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Only thing they should keep from the sequels is the Mr. Sandman tune. I thought it was a perfect companion to the Halloween theme.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The naming scheme of this series is fucked. This is the 3rd movie just called "Halloween".

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I dunno what I expected, but the trailer didn't do it for me the way I hoped it would. It doesn't seem to evoke a lot of atmosphere for me, just plot.