sethbot

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is this KCP team just hot today or are they kind of flying under the radar in general? I've been sort of expecting a shake-up of the top level of players in Infinite, and so far it seems like it could be happening.

Raleigh is going to be very interesting no doubt.

EDIT: KCP takes game 1 Streets Oddball.

I know some people aren't big on the changes to Oddball but I fucking love what they did with the gametype, both as a player and spectator. Same with Strongholds.
They look to be the best non-partnered team at least.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
as an aside... I hope they update the EnVy skin to an OptiC-themed skin.. obviously a very low item on the totem pole but I wanna represent my Dallas-based OpTic

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Who is this pioneers? Beat Sentinels, and eu?
Never heard of their players. Could be a good team in the majors.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Who is this pioneers? Beat Sentinels, and eu?
Never heard of their players. Could be a good team in the majors.

halo-esports.fandom.com

Kansas City Pioneers

Kansas City Pioneers is an American esports organization.

Definitely a solid, top placing, team at late stage H5. Written off by many because of end of life, but definitely some skilled players that have largely grinded and stuck together. Expect them to continue to upset signed teams and breach into the top 8 IMO

Oct 31, 2017
I hate seeing disconnects. Sucks.

What are people's thoughts on their spectator mode having an always on screen mini-map that showed where the players on the map were and where they were looking at all times? Would it be cool, or would it take up too much screen space real estate?

I feel like they could tighten up their spectator system and how it displays the information and include a small mini-map too. A mini-map could also show the power up spawns also, as well as marking the player's deaths too. I think it could compliment their scorecards well in painting a clearer, broader picture of the action that's taking place every second across the map and teams.

Oct 31, 2017
Unless C9 really turn it around in this next game, it's looking like they mentally collapsed early this time around rather than staying firm until that tenth grand finals game like last week.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Unless C9 really turn it around in this next game, it's looking like they mentally collapsed early this time around rather than staying firm until that tenth grand finals game like last week.

Mcdonalds.jpg

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
Yeah, unless C9 can mentally ice up, I don't see them coming back unfortunately. They seemed a little off throughout this entire second bracket, to be honest.

Oct 31, 2017
Damn that was a close one. Was hoping to see some more games tbh! Probably prefer the dudes on OG tbh, but I just enjoy watching close, intense, high-level Halo if I'm being real haha.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
This is super fun to watch. And 48k viewers on Twitch rn!

Definitely going to head to the Melbourne tournament next year, if it's anything like IEM it's going to be incredible fun.

Oct 31, 2017
Don't look now, but here comes Cloud 9...

EDIT: Damn, Optic reversed clutched it up lmao. Looked like C9 was really surging there about mid game, but Trippy and Lucid's plays opened up the map enough to secure the win right at the pivotal moment.

Optic is definitely the team to beat right now.

Last edited:

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
Those Mangler shots from Renegade were fucking disgusting, but damn did Optic take it yet again. This is gonna be one hell of a rivalry between these two squads for Halo Infinite, I feel.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Even though I rock the C9 skin, I gotta root for any team Pistola is in. Been a fan of his since his Final Boss days. Great guy and still a beast to this day.

Optic looked too strong throughout anyway. They seem like they'll run away with any tournament in the short term.

Oct 31, 2017
Those Mangler shots from Renegade were fucking disgusting, but damn did Optic take it yet again. This is gonna be one hell of a rivalry between these two squads for Halo Infinite, I feel.
Yeah. The competition between these two teams is reminiscent of the rivalries between the current Sentinels squad and the old Splyce/EnVy/Rec guys in H5 (who are all the players that basically comprise these two teams right now).

I'm interested in seeing Sentinels get going cause they've definitely been behind the 8 ball.

I'm a big Snip3down fan too and would like to see him and his guys step it up too. They've had a problem similar to Sentinels where Snip3 was waffling between Apex and Halo while most of these top level pros have been committed and devouring Infinite from the onset.

Feels like there's quite a bit of parity between the squads right now, which is really cool.
I still (hate to) say replace APG and they get even (significantly) better
I like aPG a lot and hate seeing him get dunked on so much lol. I feel he's definitely underrated.

I saw some flying mentions/speculation(?) in twitch chats today that I guess Snip3 was going to rejoin them and it was going to be the reformation of their old long term H5 squad, but that they decided to go with aPG instead. Right now, it's probably the right call because Snip3 honestly looks quite a bit out of his element from being so immersed in the high level Apex scene for so long.

When Snip3 went pro in Apex, I originally was hoping he'd return to Halo for Infinite. But after he joined the TSM boys, I sort of went back on that and felt that he probably should just stick with Apex instead. I'm feeling like him giving up on Apex was kind of a mistake to be honest, and it bums me out. Especially since I got what I originally wanted with him coming back home. I just feel like in a "competition success" sense, him staying with Apex would have been a better choice for him. That him with TSM had a legit chance to win the big tourney in Apex.

His team is rumored to be FaZe Clan, but I just wonder, what the hell about TSM? I wonder if this is going to be the game that they jump in, but maybe not.

Last edited:

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. The competition between these two teams is reminiscent of the rivalries between the current Sentinels squad and the old Splyce/EnVy/Rec guys in H5 (who are all the players that basically comprise these two teams right now).

I'm interested in seeing Sentinels get going cause they've definitely been behind the 8 ball.

I'm a big Snip3down fan too and would like to see him and his guys step it up too. They've had a problem similar to Sentinels where Snip3 was waffling between Apex and Halo while most of these top level pros have been committed and devouring Infinite from the onset.

Feels like there's quite a bit of parity between the squads right now, which is really cool.

I like aPG a lot and hate seeing him get dunked on so much lol. I feel he's definitely underrated.

I saw some flying mentions/speculation(?) in twitch chats today that I guess Snip3 was going to rejoin them and it was going to be the reformation of their old long term H5 squad, but that they decided to go with aPG instead. Right now, it's probably the right call because Snip3 honestly looks quite a bit out of his element from being so immersed in the high level Apex scene for so long.

When Snip3 went pro in Apex, I originally was hoping he'd return to Halo for Infinite. But after he joined the TSM boys, I sort of went back on that and felt that he probably should just stick with Apex instead. I'm feeling like him giving up on Apex was kind of a mistake to be honest, and it bums me out. Especially since I got what I originally wanted with him coming back home. I just feel like in a "competition success" sense, him staying with Apex would have been a better choice for him. That him with TSM had a legit chance to win the big tourney in Apex.

His team is rumored to be FaZe Clan, but I just wonder, what the hell about TSM? I wonder if this is going to be the game that they jump in, but maybe not.

I sort of agree with you about Snipe. However I'm super curious where some of these guys end up. Like Formal is playing with SSG but is still with Optic. I'm curious how this all shakes out.

Zenkuso

Jan 28, 2019
Those were legit great games, can't wait to see them with more experience in infinite.

Looks like there are going to be a lot of reviews of lucid use to repulser by others, he had some interesting uses for it.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Awesome matches tonight. Every champion won again. Optic ending the final game of the night with 3/4 of their team identical on kills and deaths was incredible.

Some takeaways:
  • Optic is very good but I don't think they're unbeatable. Their ability to remain calm under pressure is unmatched. They don't fold.
  • Cloud9 has championship worthy offense and that's about it. Their calmness under pressure is maybe the worst of the top teams. There was a moment in the final game where Optic had A, B, and C and C9 couldn't decide where to go.
  • Clearly just because you have a skin in the game doesn't mean you're a top team.
  • Pioneers kind of came out of nowhere this weekend.
  • SSG is so close to being a threat. Optic Formal had the play of the whole event when he managed to slip in unnoticed to where eU was hiding. They're not particularly good at starting matches, though.
  • Guess I'll never get to see G2 on a Sunday stream.
  • Sentinels aren't starting too hot either.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome matches tonight. Every champion won again. Optic ending the final game of the night with 3/4 of their team identical on kills and deaths was incredible.

Some takeaways:
  • Optic is very good but I don't think they're unbeatable. Their ability to remain calm under pressure is unmatched. They don't fold.
  • Cloud9 has championship worthy offense and that's about it. Their calmness under pressure is maybe the worst of the top teams. There was a moment in the final game where Optic had A, B, and C and C9 couldn't decide where to go.
  • Clearly just because you have a skin in the game doesn't mean you're a top team.
  • Pioneers kind of came out of nowhere this weekend.
  • SSG is so close to being a threat. Optic Formal had the play of the whole event when he managed to slip in unnoticed to where eU was hiding. They're not particularly good at starting matches, though.
  • Guess I'll never get to see G2 on a Sunday stream.
  • Sentinels aren't starting too hot either.
KCP didn't necessarily come out of nowhere since they were around during Halo 5 and shook things up then too. But they aren't as much as of a legacy team as the others thats for sure

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
What was Infinites overall viewership numbers during this ? Have they enabled the Twitch drops for watching that they mentioned in the HCS article ?

Hazardous

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this is petty but I'm glad that Sentinels isn't dominating or even doing particularly well right now.

For a long time in H5 they were a given lock for Top 2 being the undisputed best team and it lead to a lot of ego/BM. Now they're struggling to even get scrims with other pro teams for a variety of personal and professional reasons. I get that it's not the most natural or sportsmanlike way of creating a shift in the top Halo teams but I really hope it humbles them a bit, and frankly it's good for the scene if they're not destroying everyone else without a thought.