• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 20, 2019
hi_mark_vii_monarch_1920x1080-c284c51103534444b3193cfed491a93d.jpg

www.halowaypoint.com

Halo Community Update - Sweet Stories

Wake up, John! Halo 4 is working its way to our Halo Insiders, esports competitions are going strong, Halo 5 is in the midst of a month of Global Double XP, and we get a closer look at an in-game item from Halo Infinite. There is a lot to cover, so let's dive straight into our latest Community...
Looks great!!!

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hi_mark_vii_monarch_1920x1080-c284c51103534444b3193cfed491a93d.jpg

www.halowaypoint.com

Halo Community Update - Sweet Stories

Wake up, John! Halo 4 is working its way to our Halo Insiders, esports competitions are going strong, Halo 5 is in the midst of a month of Global Double XP, and we get a closer look at an in-game item from Halo Infinite. There is a lot to cover, so let's dive straight into our latest Community...
Looks amazing to me. If that's the clean, "classic" aesthetic they're going for I'm 100% in.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Since this was the first page / post that popped up when I reopened this thread after forever, I just want to note that I really don't think this is the case. Anecdotally anyway, those memes hit hard and there's not particularly good buzz around the game at the moment, to say the least.

Obviously could (and probably will) change by whenever the game is released, of course. But to say that the showing only had an impact on the hardcore is kind of myopic.
I think this wording is key. Anecdotally. I don't think people who use this site or those consume gaming content on the internet realize how little online discourse really affects real world perception. One example, as you noticed I mentioned, was TLOU2 - where online perception was much more controversial than Halo Infinite and it still broke records. Other ones would be EA sports games, the Pokemon games that got widely panned across the internet, every game that has a "boycott" etc.

Now add the fact that the game is delayed, which further diminishes most bad press because as we are all well aware, people forget VERY quickly in this industry, and things change very fast. Also the fact the game will likely see large improvements and new hope will be injected into a game whose metrics were tracking VERY well up until the gameplay reveal.

THEN add on the free to play multiplayer, and the clear marketing push this game will get (and already is getting) and you have a recipe for a very promising game.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
This bump....... pain.

When will this game re-emerge? What is the release timeframe? So many questions going into this year and unfortunately we are still left with them. Ah well. For the best I suppose.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
This bump....... pain.

When will this game re-emerge? What is the release timeframe? So many questions going into this year and unfortunately we are still left with them. Ah well. For the best I suppose.

I know people will say that they don't have to and they should just take their time, but I really think they should commit to a timeframe before the console releases. Also, introduce the multiplayer. It was supposed to be ready for launch, so start showing that, then come back to campaign later when things fall into place.

Oct 27, 2017
I occasionally go back to that gameplay reveal, and I still like the look of it. I wish I was playing that next month and it'd be the only game I'd be excited about between now and the end of the year.

I'm 100% behind their decision to delay if it needs it, even if it's literally another 13 months out, but the delay still stings.

HylianMaster2020

alt account
Banned
Jun 30, 2020
As long as the game stays in the headlines I'll think they'll have to improve the marketing, I don't see enough Halo Infinite hype (monster energy drinks) normally Halo is announced, demo'd and released dating back to Halo 1.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As long as the game stays in the headlines I'll think they'll have to improve the marketing, I don't see enough Halo Infinite hype (monster energy drinks) normally Halo is announced, demo'd and released dating back to Halo 1.
They demoed the game and there was a backlash, so they delayed the game. This also means they delayed the marketing. Don't worry, you'll still get your consumer good marketing deals when the game is ready to release. Look forward to your monster energy can code for boosted exp.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
That armor looks kind of whack lol

the design is terrific IMO, but the textures/shaders look too flat and plastic. while i think its safe to chalk that up to it being a render that doesn't represent what it'll look like in game (like the halo 5 pre-release renders!), this "plastic" look does seem to be a complaint with what has been shown of infinite thus far. so, i hope it doesnt fully represent the in game look.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
I wasn't thrilled at the showing but damnit I want to play this game. Hoping for a summer release maybe.? Game looked fun but graphics were underwhelming to say the least.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Everyone wants to see the multiplayer, I just want to see a WIP of their additional graphical polish work.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think we'll see this game again until next year. They're so guarded in their updates when they talk about it.
If they do an XO20 next month there is a good chance they show multiplayer then, especially since reports pointed to multiplayer having been in a better state than campaign back in July.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I really don't think we'll see this game again until next year. They're so guarded in their updates when they talk about it.

I think there's a decent chance of seeing MP this year, IF they are in a position to announce a new release date in the next 6-8 weeks. Otherwise they aren't going to do more PR and hype building yet.

Expectations re: graphical fidelity and stuff will be lower for MP, so it would demo just fine, and they could focus on the 120fps mode, and whatever fancy new mechanics they are bringing to the MP.

I even think there's a decent chance we get something like an open Halo MP beta by the end of the year. Would give people Halo to play in the meantime without needing to split up Halo Infinite, and if MP is in a much better state than the SP right now, they can take that time to gather beta feedback and tweak stuff.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I even think there's a decent chance we get something like an open Halo MP beta by the end of the year. Would give people Halo to play in the meantime without needing to split up Halo Infinite, and if MP is in a much better state than the SP right now, they can take that time to gather beta feedback and tweak stuff.

i really think this is possible. there was talk of splitting the release and delaying only SP, MP should be much further along. the plan all along was to do early flighting and this may allow them to do that. big question mark though is if they've overcome the covid issues the studio was facing to make this happen.

still, i think there is good odds we'll see this in 2020.