Th3BranMan

Nov 8, 2017
I wasn't spoiled until I opened this thread OP. yeah it's unfortunate and anticlimactic but what ya gonna do??

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
The hate for Halo 5's story is mostly overblown with alot of it coming from Bungie fanboys who also defend Bungie from similar criticisms.

Halo 5's plot is completely nonsensical if you don't engage in EU reading.

I recently replayed the entire series and the in-game explanation for why you are fighting Elites is "a lot can change in 4 years" (Halo 4) and some banter about the leader you are going to assassinate in Halo 5 from Locke's team.

Saying people that had a problem with Halo 5's plot are "bungie fanboys" is a pretty big hand-wave. Bungie had some issues for sure (why did chief jump out of the ship at the start of Halo 3, why are the grunts and hunters back with the covenant) but for the *most* part the plot was pretty followable without reading any extended lore or even engaging in the in-game terminals.

Halo 4 starts out with zero explanation of what is going on until the Librarian gives you a 2 minute exposition dump about the entire forerunner trilogy of books that I don't really want to read. Halo 5 leaves you in the dark as to what you are trying to achieve for most of the game.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Hopefully Locke gets got. That's borderline "Poochie has returned to his home planet" levels of absurdity and I'd love it, even though I actually dig him as a character. I just want to see how crazy 343i is willing to go.
I think a reboot for the development is very likely. I would not assume that Halo Infinite is automatically a 2021 Fall title. And I really hope folks don't think of it as a spring 2021 title. It is definitely is not coming soon IMO.
This is definitely not happening. The game is getting some additional polish, not a reboot. Y'all need to reign yourselves in.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
i dont care if people thought it looked bad. i thought it looked fine/good, especially for a open-ish world game supporting a 1.3 tf base console at 60 fps. i should be playing it in a month and i'm mad the internet mob caused/gave an excuse it to be delayed.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
To make an amazing Halo, it would not be an issue to do whatever it takes IMO, even a delay. Especially if Next fall has bangers like a supposed Starfield, Call of Duty 2021, and Battlefield 6. But yeah you folks are probably right. At the least at the moment, the vibe is that Summer or E3 period 2021 is when the next showing of Halo Infinite is. No chance of footage or release in the spring imo.
They have delayed it. A Spring release would be a 6-month delay...

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5's plot is completely nonsensical if you don't engage in EU reading.
That's not true at all. The only thing you gain by reading the books is vague familiarity with the Spartan IIs, but they don't actually figure into the plot of the game. They're just... there and they're entirely interchangeable.
Meanwhile, following the radio drama podcast leading up to the release of Halo 5 only made the game more confusing because the podcast presented an entirely misleading story that didn't have anything to do with the plot of the game.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
They have delayed it. A Spring release would be a 6-month delay...
I know they delayed it. My point is if you were getting a Halo in February or March, you would know it right now, .. replying to the other folks that seem to believe that Halo is coming out in March or spring. I've been saying that In my opinion, Halo is at least a fall 2021 release. That's all. I would be happily surprised if Halo got a blog post or trailer soon saying it was a March or April release. That would be so sick.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Hopefully Locke gets got. That's borderline "Poochie has returned to his home planet" levels of absurdity and I'd love it, even though I actually dig him as a character. I just want to see how crazy 343i is willing to go.

This is definitely not happening. The game is getting some additional polish, not a reboot. Y'all need to reign yourselves in.
Are you saying that the game is coming out in the spring? My mistake, it is not a reboot. Even regardless of that idea though, I think the game would start heavy marketing if it was coming right after January or February no? I think we know about everything right now until the next Microsoft XBOX conference.. Which would probably be in the spring or summer 2021. That is when Halo will be shown again.

MAYBE they show a surprise story trailer during the game awards, or maybe Elden Ring is shown off at the game awards but I think we are pretty set right now on all the reveals and information until deep into next year. (Minus the launch console information of course).

Negotiator117

Banned
Jul 3, 2020
I think a reboot for the development is very likely. I would not assume that Halo Infinite is automatically a 2021 Fall title. And I really hope folks don't think of it as a spring 2021 title. It is definitely is not coming soon IMO.
2021 is the date, that won't change, the big question is when in 2021? I'd wager September.