theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
I have an extreme need for the shield wall to be alot stronger than it is. Any script bois think that's feasible?
As far as I can tell there's no way to get a handle on the wall. Maybe iterating through every object in an area? Otherwise your best bet is probably just playing with weapon damage modifiers.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I can tell there's no way to get a handle on the wall. Maybe iterating through every object in an area? Otherwise your best bet is probably just playing with weapon damage modifiers.

Dang, oh well. I saw people were able to make no wait grapple, so I thought maybe the equipment could be manipulated. Thanks though!

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any idea how this dude was able to get muzzleflash to not render? The other effects I understand, but no idea how he accomplished that.

youtu.be

Halo Infinite Forge - Underwater Exploration!

MORE FORGE MAPS COMING SOONHalo Forge PLAYLIST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00_qjgV_DWE&list=PLhHjTkohIJ3-Mo7ecvRoLeEC2bRA7JMhR🔥 Expand me━━━━━━━┑Halo M...

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Twitter is so useful to keep up with new halo forge maps and ish. The fuck is gonna happen when it goes down smh

We have Mint Blintz Discord but I think we need a Halo Infinite Forge Reddit to pop up to not mix with the official Halo one.

But then again, we have ex-twitter employees meeting with investors apparently so we'll probably have an alternative down the line.

GovernWort

Prophet of Truth
Feb 20, 2020
are bookmarks just completely broken?

It says "showing 1 of 1" but the screen is blank.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sick in the head, foundation isn't even finished 😫

7nCESP3.jpg

EYa9d0b.jpg

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sick in the head, foundation isn't even finished 😫

7nCESP3.jpg

EYa9d0b.jpg

If you're on Xbox, screenshot attachment to your files seems to be working now. What I did is load up a match in Theatre mode then hide the UI to take it. It reads the screenshots from the Xbox share thing.

are bookmarks just completely broken?

It says "showing 1 of 1" but the screen is blank.

Your bookmarks will break if the owner of one of your bookmarked files unpublished their file. You can fix it by going to HaloWaypoint site and unbookmarking all your files until you unbookmark all the ones that no longer exist (they will have no title). You will probably have to refresh multiple times. I just keep a notepad of my favourite map/mode names and authors in case that happens again and until they fix it.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
If you're on Xbox, screenshot attachment to your files seems to be working now. What I did is load up a match in Theatre mode then hide the UI to take it. It reads the screenshots from the Xbox share thing.

Excellent!

But those pics are me manually screenshotting my phone on my lunch break lol.

I will def attach proper shots when I can!

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's hella annoying. This is gonna be one of those things thats broken for a ridiculous amount of time isnt it
Probably. I wish we could just save like Halo 3, instead 343 has to make things dumb by makinng everything bound to servers which has only caused issues and made me just go back to MW2

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/Envore/status/1593402406280339456
www.halowaypoint.com

Cryptic - UGC - Halo Infinite

A construction facility left in the remains as its unfinished work leaves an awe to anyone that leaves an eye on it.

I've been watching him stream this build for a few days. He went all out. The design is quite beautiful when not compressed by Twitter video lol

I hosted an FFA slayer on it last night, pretty nice map. Cool to know it plays some other modes too. Will have to try.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
So I officially gave up on doing art for foundation, I just didn't have the drive and I wasn't sure I could do it the way I wanted to well enough.

I already gave up and messaged Sik that he could just have it he wanted it lol. But like the ever triumph hero...

I felt a spurt of inspiration and roughly knocked out a few key objects (exterior walls, pillars, and the large wall in front of each base)

hLDEiel.jpg

I wouldn't consider these finished at all, (in fact I did more work post screenshot) but it did give me some hope that I can fake my way into making a cool looking forerunner aesthetic with a little more patience and attempts.

Also I love these pieces I settled on for the front of the base wall because the back has a nice emissive so I can color code the directions of the map. ( Although they probably won't be this bright color just placeholder) https://i.imgur.com/o3kY1Lq.jpg

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Cryptic, Solution, Curfew and the upcoming Banished Narrows and Damnation remakes need to be added to MMing asap. Dev tier quality maps. Better than Argyle IMO

Not you

Oct 27, 2017
Where is the black and yellow caution tape. I tried using the tape on the decals section and it's white and translucent with no colour option. I just be missing something

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
will there come a time where i can search through these and play games in them with randos from online?

Green

Oct 27, 2017
will there come a time where i can search through these and play games in them with randos from online?

The target for that live custom games browser is season 3, but not much info on how that will all work. Right now you'll need to either host your own matches and find people, play with bots, or join other customs lobbies through things like Discord, LFG, etc.

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
The target for that live custom games browser is season 3, but not much info on how that will all work. Right now you'll need to either host your own matches and find people, play with bots, or join other customs lobbies through things like Discord, LFG, etc.

didn't know bots was an option. thanks!!!

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone already make a prefab for all object (not just player) gravity adjustment because I'm just about done with one lol xD. Useful for both space / underwater scenes and you can localize it since it's based on an area monitor.

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
For reference, standard game gravity seems to be just over 41.9 units / second (so, running a script with a custom trigger every 10th of a second I apply an opposite force of 4.19 units up in order to get close to zero g).

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
The "Warbound" mode and the "Argonaut B" map are a breath of fresh air. I'm thoroughly impressed.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I played that and it seemed like there could be some tweaks. But also I wasn't in a full party, might be different then lol.

Still feels like the cost of gear should be brought down a bit tho.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
*Up with baby forge update*

Touched about 1/3 of the objects with color and texture and came up with new idea/design for the ceiling/outside

chx6j24.jpg
etKJH46.jpg

Still a ways to go, but it's getting there. Bases still gray boxes 🤦🏻

Also all my emissives change color or don't display properly in game because I'm over the FX limit, pretty disappointing :/

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
Dudes, I'm very excited about this gravity / speed prefab I'm working on...

Working on making it not only let you set the direction of influence, but using a point as an influence. Also buoyancy. For all your underwater / low gravity / zero-g / gravity needs.

Last edited:

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I now have completed my 3rd twist on my 1v1 map "The Ring". This one is called "Research".

Similar to before, it is meant for 1v1 Slayer only. It does support bots, so you can play around with that, too. I like BR+Snipers with 2 second spawn. Also fun is 3v1 "Bot SWAT" with instant spawns to go for chaining multikills. These are each a spin on the Octagon warm-up map. Where everyone is literally on a level playing field and it's all about momentum.

Research inverts the twist from the last map, with the central orb hovering slightly in the way of the ring. It was an exploration for me of atmosphere and lighting FX more than anything. I wanted to play around with mainly silhouettes of simpler scaled objects and the "beauty real-estate" of the player screen when looking straight up. CE's campaign level Two Betrayals served as inspiration for height scale within a boxed-in environment, as well as the level 343 Guilty Spark. I took some mood inspiration from Close Encounters, and Destiny again.

Geometrically, the shape of "Research" encourages a sine sight-line across the circle most prominently. Whereas on "Tangent", it encourages the tangent sight-line along the circle.

From a top-down view, you can see each of my maps tries to play with the sight-line and player camera like that during the match:

P9S2NC1.png

Anyway...

Here is Research:
N20X4u5.png

Research Download:
www.halowaypoint.com

Research | The Ring - UGC - Halo Infinite

Octa-Gone. 1v1 but better. Slayer only. Enjoy with a bot.

Tangent
rPghbEg.jpg

Tangent Download:
www.halowaypoint.com

Tangent 2.0 | The Ring - UGC - Halo Infinite

1v1 Slayer or Bots only. *NEW* Rings of Tower: Seek the Light for Weapon Chooser and Vehicle Ring. Survive the fall to Level 0 to discover the Weapon Fusion project. Ditch the Octagon.

The Ring:

Ucbj7kO.jpg

The Ring Download:
www.halowaypoint.com

The Ring 2.0 - UGC - Halo Infinite

*NEW* Weapon Chooser! Seek the light. 1v1 Slayer or Bots only. Octa-Gone!

My newest twist on "The Ring".

I call it "Data":
2cMT7Y4.png

I am not a programmer. I am not a scripter. But I was able to brute force my way into having the map do what I wanted more or less all by my self!

Just like the other 3 "Ring" maps have their own twist to the play-style, this one does, too. Except this time, there's not 1, not 2, but 3 new play-styles. The power of the node graph. I should also say I took inspiration from the movie Arrival and the Dark Link fight in Ocarina of Time for the mood on this one.

There is a light on the outside of the ring that changes the play-style of the ring:

And finally, for the fun part, this 3rd play-style adds a whole new layer to the Ring gameplay with moving mini rings. It's acrobatic and it's very beta:

This is the first version and I will keep making it better over time like the other ones. There's starting to be a bit of a unifying "lore" to the maps, too... Hmm...
www.halowaypoint.com

Data | The Ring - UGC - Halo Infinite

1v1+Dolby Vision HDR. Slayer only no bots. Seek the light.

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I played that and it seemed like there could be some tweaks. But also I wasn't in a full party, might be different then lol.

Still feels like the cost of gear should be brought down a bit tho.

For sure it could use tweaks, but I'm blown away that the concept can be realized in Forge.

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
Also, what the hell do I call a prefab that is configurable for gravity, buoyancy, speed, and impulse an area monitor...?

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
Have at it y'all. I'll publish another prefab later for a gravity "source" prefab. That one will allow you to specify a direction of an additional "gravity" impulse, or have it pull objects towards a point.

Oh yeah, no copy-protection, so tear-it apart and rebuild it to your hearts content.

Also published here:
forge.xboxera.com

Gravity Volume | Prefab | Forgera

Adjust buoyancy, gravity, and slow-motion for players / objects to create zeroG / underwater scenes..

Last edited: