Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Feels weird to launch a Halo without the third pillar. I dug the big firefight modes in Halo 5.
I mean, Halo has so many pillars. Is FF really the third? It was introduced in Halo 3: ODST. After Forge. After Theater.

At any rate, I agree with you that it's an AWESOME mode. Loved it especially in ODST and Halo 5.

We just don't know yet whether it'll be there for launch. I'm sure we will learn more soon-ish.

The bots make me hopeful for an enhanced FF experience actually. Can you imagine Forge FF maps?!

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I only wish they put some customization unlocks into achievements and then this would be perfect.

Also, Halo BR kinda needs to happen.

tootsi666

Dec 13, 2018
Really interested in how they are gonna do weapon balance this time. The pistol not having a scope this time should limit it as a utility weapon, but maybe it will be good enough for a starter. Let's hope they learned from launch Halo 5's super OP autos and don't repeat that

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Still not clear what is/isn't part of the F2P experience. I assume everything they showed is free, but I'm also assuming (and hoping) there is a lot more to this package than 4v4 and BTB - Warzone, Firefight, Forge, Customs Browser, etc.. And whatever else they say, I have no doubt they are preparing some form of Battle Royale.

Femme Man

Oct 28, 2017
I am absolutely ecstatic that they ditched team colors! It's about time. There's so much that has really reeled me in for multiplayer.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
They actually did it. It's perfect. Obviously, not particularly jazzed about the Battle Pass, but that's the new industry hotness that every major franchise is chasing and with this going F2P, it was almost inevitable. Even still, artistically, mechanically, it's perfect.

I haven't felt this good about the future of Halo multiplayer in a long, long time.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been this optimistic about Halo in a long time. What a turnaround from the showing a year ago.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Looking and sounding good.

dUZLy5o.gif

Last edited:

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
Highlights for me that sound awesome:
  • Rollover Battle Pass
  • No paid circumvention of BP unlocks
  • Cross Progression between Xbox + PC
  • Customizable AI for objectives commentary (hopefully you could unlock cooler AI voices through the BP maybe too?)
  • Expanded vehicle damage + behavior

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm extremely skeptical going into this after how Halo 5 was handled. Curious to see if the Battle Pass is self-sustaining or not given they also aren't time boxing them.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
All they're saying sounds fantastic and the footage looks leaps better than last year. REally looking forward to this.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatched in 4K.

Yeah, this dispels basically all of my fears about the MP. It looks absolutely fantastic. The customization seems great, the sandbox seems AMAZING, the maps look visually way prettier and more interesting to look at than Halo 5's "forge-y" look, and most importantly- every new gameplay element feels extremely well thought out and fun as hell. I'm so excited.

Visually speaking... look- it's not very technically impressive. It feels rooted in last-gen, that's for sure. But I'll be honest- I almost don't care at all. All I wanted out of it last year was not necessarily better tech, but more cohesive and appealing visuals that complemented the better art style decisions they had made. They improved the material work, the lighting, and many of the little design elements I didn't like (like the shield recharge overlay as a standout). It TRULY looks like Halo now, rather than someone making toys mimicking the Halo look. I really couldn't be happier.

Shoutout to Dictator because it genuinely seems like they looked at his fantastic video from last year and fixed the majority, if not all of the issues. That video perfectly verbalized all of the issues I had but don't have enough knowledge to explain properly. I'm guessing it was a useful tool for 343 to find a good path to improvements, alongside the stuff they likely already had in mind on their roadmap. I hope we get a sequel video with this year's updates!

Last edited:

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the in-game immersion stuff is the most hype to me. It's exactly how I wish 5 worked and what 4 only kind of dipped it's toes into.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Academy is lowkey a great addition. I'd almost say make it mandatory before joining MP. (though an option to say "I've put a gajillion hours into halo over the last 20 years, let me shit on kids" would be good too)

Academy is something every MP game should do. It's so frustrating to play multiplayer games when youre teammates don't know even basic game mechanics needed for success.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Looks great and like it will be loads of fun. I just really hope they can nail competitive this time around and make it rewarding and fair.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
I don't think I've been this excited for a new Halo since Halo 2. I have faith that 343 is going to deliver some good/memorable maps for MP.

I should probably start looking for an Xbox soon.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming it isn't too grindy I hope every game with a battle pass copies Infinite's style of making them permanent.
it will probably work like it does mcc. you get a point when you rank up, and complete challenges can get you more then 1 depending on the reward. you can then spend it on which ever pass you have

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
It is wild to me that people are still disappointed with how Halo Infinite looks - the visuals in the MP showcase are fantastic, especially considering its running at 60FPS and is part of a larger package (alongside Campaign and Forge)

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
The image quality is SO much better than Halo games of the past. FINALLY a rock steady frame rate and a sharp image.

Really liked everything they showed. Feel like there was a bit too much "screen noise" (colors! indicators! markers! sfx!) and the FoV feels a bit tight by default. But things that can likely be fixed/improved on over time/in options.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played Halo since Reach, but this might be the one that brings me back. It gives me vibes of when I really enjoyed the multiplayer, really like what I'm hearing and seeing so far.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly the in-game immersion stuff is the most hype to me. It's exactly how I wish 5 worked and what 4 only kind of dipped it's toes into.
Im with you. Justifying game mechanics like vehicles spawning with in-universe stuff like that is something im really into. I loved when Titanfall did it with its little stories in multiplayer matches and the evacuations.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the Battle pass is 100% cosmetics, right? The playable content is all free?
Yeah

Unless 343 add a mode with gameplay effecting weapons/armor later down the line, it will all be cosmetic only.

The Halo 5 Warzone req system was pay to win garbage but those custom weapons were a lot of fun in the modes they were unlocked for everyone

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
"Powerups (overshield, etc.) are inventory items when picked up, can use at any time, but will drop it if killed."

Gamechanger

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Rewatched in 4K.

Yeah, this dispels basically all of my fears about the MP. It looks absolutely fantastic. The customization seems great, the sandbox seems AMAZING, the maps look visually way prettier and more interesting to look at than Halo 5's "forge-y" look, and most importantly- every new gameplay element feels extremely well thought out and fun as hell. I'm so excited.

Visually speaking... look- it's not very technically impressive. It feels rooted in last-gen, that's for sure. But I'll be honest- I almost don't care at all. All I wanted out of it last year was not necessarily better tech, but more cohesive and appealing visuals that complemented the better art style decisions they had made. They improved the material work, the lighting, and many of the little design elements I didn't like (like the shield recharge overlay as a standout). It TRULY looks like Halo now, rather than someone making toys mimicking the Halo look. I really couldn't be happier.

Shoutout to Dictator because it genuinely seems like his fantastic video from last year and fixed the majority, if not all of the issues. That video perfectly verbalized all of the issues I had but don't have enough knowledge to explain properly, and I'm guessing it was a useful tool for 343 to find a good path to improvements, alongside the stuff they likely already had in mind on their roadmap. I hope we get a sequel video with this year's updates!

Indeed! Paging Dictator!