Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I really hate the constant brushing off of complaints about progression and customization as people just wanting to play "dress up". Such a condescending and strange retort to actual reasonable complaints.
The initial push was necessary. Now, it's just wanting free stuff in a free game for doing nothing and it's highly unrealistic.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
That Iron Man 'bundle' is gross. Instead of making one coating that works for all cores, you "get 3 separate items for one low price!!! What a savings!!!"

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
b0jvq97iqx681.png

A color and weapon color for $20. Yeesh. I get there's other crap like emblems/name tags.
As I assumed. Not touching the Fire and Frost set now.

This as a weapon emblem.
q0x1MWn.jpg

chris-evans-laughing-out-loud.gif

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
What if I don't like people

And this here is why the carrot and stick method that has taken over gaming for the past 15 years sucks. Because you should just be playing for fun, is why. If you get a challenge completed, awesome. I'm at level 100 and after i complete my weekly challenges what incentive then would I have to play at all? In your eyes, I should just stop playing. But I don't, because the point of playing should be to have fun.

You've got me 100% wrong... (not surprising). And it's because you refuse to address the ACTUAL problem.

I personally don't play for progression. I play because I enjoy the gameplay. This I why I put up with not getting the gametypes I need.

However, progressing is important to a lot of people. For many, progressing is a part of the joy, just like getting a headshot or tossing the perfect grenade.

343 has created a system that provides an INCENTIVE for these people to negatively impact MY gameplay experience. Many people aren't going to play through 5 hrs of the wrong gametypes and settle for the 50xp. They aren't going to watch their xp boosts go down the drain. They are just going to quit and let their teammates deal with 3v4 or shitty bots. I want to have fun, but this system often compromises the fun I would otherwise be having.

No it's not my point of view that you should quit after reaching level 100. I've never said anything to suggest that I feel that way. You just need to pay attention.

My point if view is that 343 shouldn't have a shitty progression system that gives incentives for ruining the game for others. It's baffling to me that you want to defend it.

Last edited:

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
The real money is going to be spent when they eventually release Elite character models with voice acting.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
God dammit I hate dying to ARs. They're completely idiotic. I hate playing Slayer for this exact reason. This game would be fucking horrible if not for ranked.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
You know you'd pay for a Marcus Fenix AI that yelled, "AH COME ON!"

I wonder how long until the inevitable Halo Infinite and Gears mash-up happens.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
It blows my mind that they didn't dedicate a button to the grapple hook and let all the other equipment be selectable.

The way it's set up, there is little to no reason other than invisible enemies to ever switch equipment. If I could use an equipment + grapple hook combat would have a lot more variety.
On heroic and above, all the equipment is used regularly, pretty much every firefight. There was another person who complained of the same thing, that they never used any equipment except the grapple. Turns out he was playing on Normal, which is obviously perfectly fine but that's why.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Wish the weekly had something extra like an armour effect that lasts for the week you earned it. Like Destiny did/does.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Grabbed an elite series 2 controller so I could have paddles for jumping and somehow my aiming is now worse...maybe I just gotta get used to it.

Anyone else playing with a Elite controller? What's a good layout for Halo?

Mine is currently:

Right upper paddle: A - Jump \ Shift-Y: Weapon Switch
Right lower paddle: B - Crouch \Shift-X: Reload
Left Paddles are both set as the shift button
Face buttons (A\B\X\Y) are all set to D-pad directions when pressing shift which is really nice.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Grabbed an elite series 2 controller so I could have paddles for jumping and somehow my aiming is now worse...maybe I just gotta get used to it.

Mine is currently:

Face buttons (A\B\X\Y) are all set to D-pad directions when pressing shift which is really nice.
I don't think you should be using shift buttons for the sake of efficiency and muscle memory. My rule of thumb so far is that I use the peddles for stuff I want to use during combat. My current set up is:

Bottom left = Jump
Top left = Crouch
Bottom right = Sprint
Top right = Mark

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
What is the chance they add additional ranked playlists? I remember in Halo 3 I could do ranked Swat, Duos etc. It feels pointless to me playing unranked playlists - I find it more fun going for rank.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Are they letting you unlock challenges that are in the upcoming list? I am completing challenges that are not in the loaded ones

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I don't think you should be using shift buttons for the sake of efficiency and muscle memory. My rule of thumb so far is that I use the peddles for stuff I want to use during combat. My current set up is:

Bottom left = Jump
Top left = Crouch
Bottom right = Sprint
Top right = Mark
My top left and top right are my two arms. So top left is equipment and top right is melee as that's which arms it is on screen .

Bottom ones are legs. So jump and sprint.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i dont know whats the deal with 343, they can;t be this incompetent

why does my challege to make 5k points in "team slayer" only counts if use the the "team slayer" list????

if i get team slayer in quick play, it should count.

period.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Tried again after knowing better, 6 crashes out of 8 games. Is there information on there what causes these issues or is it just a bad patch in general?

Is Series X more stable?

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Tried again after knowing better, 6 crashes out of 8 games. Is there information on there what causes these issues or is it just a bad patch in general?

Is Series X more stable?

Have not had Series X crash which is what I mostly play on.

To be honest I haven't had it with PC either (despite 18 hours of play there).

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017

Mine is currently:

Don't forget the adjustable tension on the sticks. It could be set differently than what you're used to. I have my aim stick set at the highest tension for better precision, and the move stick set at the lowest tension for fastest edge-to-edge. I'm using the middle-tall stick for aiming and the shortest stick for movement.

My mapping is...
LB - Jump (Bumper Jumper)
LT - ADS
RB - Nades
RT - Fire
LSB - Sprint, Zoom Level
RSB - Fisticuffs
LUP = A - Equipment
LLP = B - Crouch
RUP = Y - Switch weapons
RLP = X - Reload, Interact
Facebuttons - Disabled
Edit:
DpadU - Mark
DpadR - Switch Grenades
DpaD - Scan
DpadL - Switch Equipment (Campaign)

I've been using this setup since the first Elite came out with Titanfall, MCC, Apex, etc. It is 100% natural to me. I can hardly play any FPS without it. In fact, I bought a Brook adapter so I could use this on PlayStation FPS games too.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017

Bottom left = Jump
Top left = Crouch
Bottom right = Sprint
Top right = Mark

For some reason I'm having a hard time hitting the left paddles and just having the Shift face buttons as the d-pad makes it so I don't have to take a hand off movement or aiming to change nades or equipment...not something Im doing often in Halo but is a huge help in BF2042.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After that thread about a perma ban do I continue playing with my low ranking friends, or not.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget the adjustable tension on the sticks. It could be set differently than what you're used to. I have my aim stick set at the highest tension for better precision, and the move stick set at the lowest tension for fastest edge-to-edge. I'm using the middle-tall stick for aiming and the shortest stick for movement.

My mapping is...
LB - Jump (Bumper Jumper)
LT - ADS
RB - Nades
RT - Fire
LSB - Sprint, Zoom Level
RSB - Fisticuffs
LUP = A - Equipment
LLP = B - Crouch
RUP = Y - Switch weapons
RLP = X - Reload, Interact
Facebuttons - Disabled

I've been using this setup since the first Elite came out with Titanfall, MCC, Apex, etc. It is 100% natural to me. I can hardly play any FPS without it. In fact, I bought a Brook adapter so I could use this on PlayStation FPS games too.

Had no idea you could do this...thanks!

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
They should make every challenge this week "get 10 mark assists" so these randoms actually do something.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
After that thread about a perma ban do I continue playing with my low ranking friends, or not.
what some people don't seem to understand, specifically the person in that thread that keeps trying to argue with me, is that the game is supposed to find you an opposing team of similar overall skill based on your MMR. so either something wonky happened or that particular OP did something he isn't telling anyone about lol

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Why the hell is join in progress a thing in FFA??? It's just dropped me into a game where someone was already on 13 kills. It's really not fun playing out the last few mins of a game trying not to finish dead last.

FFA harkens back to old-school "deathmatch" modes, which always had drop-in and were super chaotic in general. The matches are quick enough that the appeal is more about getting in and playing than having waiting any longer for a "fair" start. This also prevents too many bot-slots if people drop.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I dropped £7 on Halo bucks to buy that stupid cat helmet but I didn't even get my Halo bucks 😅 was going to be the first thing I've ever bought in a F2P game (except for the Infinite battlepass) but I'll just get a refund instead haha.

This game's desync is so frustrating.

Yup, I know they replied to a Reddit post but I wish they'd make a proper announcement saying they're looking into it. Feels worse than Halo 3's 2007 P2P connections sometimes 😑

RustedEdge

Aug 17, 2019
I for one am glad that the ultimate weekly rewards aren't something good like legendary armor effects

There should be some sort of balance though, for the players that actually go through all the weeklies and go for the ultimate weekly challenge. More coatings or the shoulder pieces that are in bundles/event passes should be there instead of these emblems.

Oct 25, 2017
Weekly Ultimate challenges should be bundles or something. I'm not looking forward to 2 more weeks for the vehicles and armor versions. Everything this week including the event seems to be Mark VII core parts so I won't be using any of it.

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Is Series X more stable?

After being banned for my game crashing 4 out of 6 games (and 1 extra where I spawned underneath the map), Ive been playing FFA on my Series X and haven't had a crash.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Weekly Ultimate challenges should be bundles or something. I'm not looking forward to 2 more weeks for the vehicles and armor versions. Everything this week including the event seems to be Mark VII core parts so I won't be using any of it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say weekly ultimate rewards should be bundles, but they should definitely be limited to armor pieces (visors, legs, chest pieces, etc) and armor coatings. Emblems feel so puny in comparison, definitely not worth the grind.

Unrelated, but I feel like the Cat bundle is the closest they've gotten to reasonable pricing. You get an armor coating, premium armor piece that applies to a bunch of different helmets, and two weapon charms for 10 bucks. If armor coatings were cross core like they should be, this would almost be a perfect bundle.

It's hilarious because it's accompanied by probably the worst value bundle they've done so far, the fire and ice bundle, which is literally just two armor coatings and their core variants for 20 bucks. They're shamelessly putting a high price on Iron Man's color scheme. Sigh.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I wouldn't go so far as to say weekly ultimate rewards should be bundles, but they should definitely be limited to armor pieces (visors, legs, chest pieces, etc) and armor coatings. Emblems feel so puny in comparison, definitely not worth the grind.

Unrelated, but I feel like the Cat bundle is the closest they've gotten to reasonable pricing. You get an armor coating, premium armor piece that applies to a bunch of different helmets, and two weapon charms for 10 bucks. If armor coatings were cross core like they should be, this would almost be a perfect bundle.

It's hilarious because it's accompanied by probably the worst value bundle they've done so far, the fire and ice bundle, which is literally just two armor coatings and their core variants for 20 bucks. They're shamelessly putting a high price on Iron Man's color scheme. Sigh.
Yeah that Ironman bundle for $20 is something lol. A bunch of coatings for all 3 cores makes it look like it's offering more than it is.

At least with Fortnite once you get a coating, the coating is unlocked for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.