• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siam Shade

Jun 1, 2018
I'm not feeling the "criticism" towards Halo Infinite graphics. It looks stunning on my 4k TV with Series X.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing the intro and just to be sure; everything that happens before you start playing is not something from Halo 5 or other kind of media, right? Because I have no clue whats going except for the things they tell you in game.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
The whole first two missions, intro, and setup feels…

Very bog-standard.

The repetitive, unoriginal ship/level design, the characters, the basics of the story, the MC personality immediately being back-to-business-cool-guy in 2 seconds flat.

Here's hoping the actual meat of the game doesn't follow this intro.
ACG said the same. The first 30 minutes don't give a great impression.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
I'm playing the intro and just to be sure; everything that happens before you start playing is not something from Halo 5 or other kind of media, right? Because I have no clue whats going except for the things they tell you in game.
Correct. The enemy force was introduced in Halo Wars 2, but as long as you understand that they're "the bad guys", you're good to go.

Oct 20, 2021
As someone who never played any Halo and has no idea what the story is even about, I have to say I'm having a lot of fun so far. The gunplay is addicting. And the graphics are quite nice. Not bad. I'll keep playing for a while.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone not getting Achievements in the campaign? I was supposed to get one for finding my first audio log but I got nothing.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
The checkpoints in this are the most generous they've been in the whole series. Makes playing on a higher difficulty much more doable.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
First objective: I'm grinding valor points until I can spawn a BR at the FOBs. Such a versatile weapon and it kicks ass on heroic difficulty. Rolling BR and Commando works incredibly well for me so far as both work at pretty much all ranges.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Was the Intro washed out with greyish blacks for anyone else? It's been a long time since is saw such bad blacklevels on my OLED.

After that it was fine but what the he'll was u with the Intro?

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
This game feels so good to play. Having a lot of fun 😁

The plasma rifle is kinda useless in PvP, but in the campaign it'd great for shredding the Jackal shields.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
After 2 missions and a bit of the 3rd there has been no challenge at all on Heroic and I'm a little worried at this point wondering if I should start over and bump it up to Legendary before I get too far.

Heroic has always given me a decent enough challenge in the old Halo games but here the enemies don't even seem to be trying to kill me. It does allow for some proper Master Chief badassery tho.

TrashyPanda

Oct 28, 2017
Really excited this is in the hands of the Halo fan base so they can tell us how it's actually really bad and not a real Halo game.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After 2 missions and a bit of the 3rd there has been no challenge at all on Heroic and I'm a little worried at this point wondering if I should start over and bump it up to Legendary before I get too far.

Heroic has always given me a decent enough challenge in the old Halo games but here the enemies don't even seem to be trying to kill me.
Good news. You can change the difficulty mid game. On the menu go to load game and it will give you the option there.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm calling it there tonight - really enjoying myself after 5 hours of playtime. I'm mostly mainlining the story with minimal exploration (I am grabbing FOBs and taking out targets) because I move house on Friday so trying to just get the initial experience and story in my head and then next week I'm going to sit down and do a ~100% Heroic run. Really spend more time exploring and doing stuff then.

So far, the Halo lore nerd in me is hearing a lot of great stuff, seeing a lot of great stuff but is super super afraid of where it's all going to end up... we shall see. (Please no Timeless Child retcon from Doctor Who level of story beat pleaseeee)

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

Heroic has always given me a decent enough challenge in the old Halo games but here the enemies don't even seem to be trying to kill me. It does allow for some proper Master Chief badassery tho.

id say Legendary is doable for anybody with a good amount of halo experience

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Is it just me or during cutscenes the fps looks like it drops or stuttery during in game cutscenes, playing on XSX quality mode on C9 and idk something about cutscenes just look like fps drops to 45 or something.

Also how do I get Dolby Vision to work? I have it checked within settings on Xbox.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not feeling the "criticism" towards Halo Infinite graphics. It looks stunning on my 4k TV with Series X.

Playing on Series X on an Oled also.

I'm only a few missions in but the graphics are fine i guess. Nothing to write home about. I already had bad textures, shadow pop in a few feet in front of me, quite heavy pop in when on a vehicle, npcs look outright bad and the close ups in the cinematics of the Banished are weirdly low poly.

I know it's because of the One holding it back but man sometimes it looks quite bad.

Overall it's alright though and the Halo style is coming through. Also playing it is fun so far and it feels quite smooth outside the cinematics.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
The windows store redirects me to the xbox client, which doesn't download.

Edit: it just completed a 3 gig download and still remains unplayable.

Try this:

Open the WIndows Store and log out of it (upper right corner is a circle with your user initials in it. Click on that and click "log out" under your profile name at the top of the list)
Close the Windows Store
Open a command prompt in admin mode (in search, type "cmd" the right click and open as adiminstrator)
Type "wsreset.exe"
Wait a while, eventually the store will open on its own when the wsreset is complete
Reboot your PC
Open Windows Store, click on "library" in the bottom left, the in the upper right click "Get Updates"
Wait for any updates to install, then try running Halo again

GameOver

Jan 26, 2021
Anyone able to buy a physical copy from Walmart? I'm at the store but an employee told me they don't have received any.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, I started on Legendary and it feels like a slight step up from Heroic in the older games.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
This Halo is definitely better than all the other Halos.
Was the discrepency in plasma and kinetic weapons in terms of shield damage this strong in the prior games? It feels like you basically need to take advantage of that to take Elites down now, which I never felt like I had to do in the playthroughs I did over the last year.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Which lunatic decided that you need 2 button presses to select equipment with a UI that I need a magnifying glass to read. Just cycle through them with a button press. Its not rocket science

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Anyone have tips for torvarus and hyperius? im on heroic and I legit feel like I can't do anything against these dudes

Dhruvenator

Aug 29, 2019

Omg my butt is getting kicked on heroic loo

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
PSA: If you're experiencing a washed out image, grey-ish blacks, flickering etc - please turn off VRR in your Xbox video settings. I think VRR is buggy atm, or there's a bug in the LG CX firmware. Either way, it's fucked.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
3 missions deep and goddamn, they did it. 343i really did it. This is already contending with my favorite Halo and I'm on freaking mission 3. I have complete and utter trust in 343i if this is what they delivered after scrapping 2/3rds of the game. The grapple hook is so simple, yet such a monumental addition I don't even know where to begin. So I won't, hopping back in 😂

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
This game looks SO GOOD.

bY8RXYW.jpg

CN9hfKc.jpg

Btxrsq8.jpg

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Game feels way more Breath of the Wild than Far Cry to me. Spent 30 minutes grappling over a rock formation to explore a mysterious looking part of the map.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Is there a way to change the audio language after you have already startet a new campaign? I only chose and installed my own language at first, but now I would like to change to the English dub. But I can't find anything in the settings. Do I have to reinstall the whole game, just so I can change to another audio language?

Edit: Found it!

Status
Not open for further replies.