Status
Not open for further replies.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
OMG, I can't believe I can finally have my purple and brown Spartan... Well, as soon as I reach level 69 (nice). My Spartans have been purple and brown since CE. I was so bummed I couldn't have it when this first launched.

edit:

oXBqWI5.jpg

Well, kinda sorta. I'll take it!

Mukrab

Banned
Apr 19, 2020
Last Spartan Standing 👀
Cant queue with friends, at the end it says you can leave without losing any progress, you do that and it says disconnected and you end up losing all your progress. Or you can choose to keep spectating which in my case was literally just staring at the ground... only did it once so idk if that was a one time thing or if it's just how it's gonna work.

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
Cant queue with friends, at the end it says you can leave without losing any progress, you do that and it says disconnected and you end up losing all your progress. Or you can choose to keep spectating which in my case was literally just staring at the ground... only did it once so idk if that was a one time thing or if it's just how it's gonna work.
Yeah I just had the same issue. It said I can quit and progress will save. But I don't think it did... Hmm

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Are you talking about custom games or just standard queueing? It's a 12-player battle royale-lite mode. Unless you've got 12 people ready to go, it would be insane for them to open the door to very easy Teaming like that.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
So uh, did they warn us that old, saved films would no longer play? I thought that happened a while ago. I can't seem to play any of my films in theater.

Mukrab

Banned
Apr 19, 2020
Are you talking about custom games or just standard queueing? It's a 12-player battle royale-lite mode. Unless you've got 12 people ready to go, it would be insane for them to open the door to very easy Teaming like that.
No im not talking about custom games. Who cares about the one game in ten where a few guys are trying to ruin the game when in the other 9 games i'm having 1000x more fun? I certainly couldn't care less. Halo Reach was the most fun FFA because we could play with friends. And also, if they don't want to allow you to play with friends, then why would they design the event around it? When we have the shitty challenges system in place? How is it gonna be this week for people who play with friends? When someone has event quests we need to split up? And its not like we can get them out of the way first because you don't get them all in a row anyway.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
  • Preview tiles for Battle Pass rewards and the Event menu may take up to two minutes to load after completing an online multiplayer match or watching a cinematic.
    • In some cases, the preview tiles for Battle Pass rewards may fail to load. If this occurs, the images should refresh after completing another online match or closing then relaunching Halo Infinite.
  • The Challenges, Battle Pass, Customize, and Shop menus may take up to three minutes to load. If these menus do not load within three minutes, try one of the following workarounds:
    • Complete an online multiplayer match.
    • On PC, lower the Maximum Frame Rate option in the Video settings menu.
I'm glad they acknowledge these, but man I really wish they were fixed for this update.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Last Spartan Standing is a rush. 1st place, then terrible, then 2nd place so far in my first three matches. Seems like people camp out power-up spawns because every time I get one I get ambushed immediately.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
HALO INFINITE SEASON 2: LONE WOLVES – PATCH NOTES said:
  • Players will no longer experience a black screen while loading into online multiplayer matches.
  • Vehicles will now consistently spawn at their intended size.

NO!!! End of an era :(

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
Who cares about the one game in ten where a few guys are trying to ruin the game when in the other 9 games i'm having 1000x more fun?
Literally every single person playing a Battle Royale type mode with the goal of winning. It's why people get hard banned from other Battle Royale games for Teaming. If they allow people to queue up with their friends, every single lobby would be ruined by people Teaming. It's the nature of online multiplayer, especially with this community.

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
Aww yes gotta love the classic Challenge nitpick. I have a challenge for melee someone in the back in last man standing. I've done it twice. But since I'm invisible, it doesn't count. Nice.

Mukrab

Banned
Apr 19, 2020
Literally every single person playing a Battle Royale type mode with the goal of winning. It's why people get hard banned from other Battle Royale games for Teaming. If they allow people to queue up with their friends, every single lobby would be ruined by people Teaming. It's the nature of online multiplayer, especially with this community.
Everyone plays every single mode with the goal of winning, and yet it was never a big problem in prior halos when you could queue as a team for every social playlist. You wanted to play FFA without that risk, there was always ranked. But yes i know ranked in infinite is also another thing that it's just there but not really.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone plays every single mode with the goal of winning, and yet it was never a big problem in prior halos when you could queue as a team for every social playlist. You wanted to play FFA without that risk, there was always ranked. But yes i know ranked in infinite is also another thing that it's just there but not really.

Yeah removing being able to queue with friends where you'd go up against them sucks. It was the best part of previous Halos for my group. Call of Duty lets us queue together and fight in FFA still.

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
There's a significant difference between FFA and Battle Royale type games, and that's why nobody cares about people queueing up with friends in social FFA matches. Nobody wants their tense game of Battle Royale ruined on their last life by two dorks who are Teaming. They made the correct call by not opening that door in LSS.

Mukrab

Banned
Apr 19, 2020
There's a significant difference between FFA and Battle Royale type games, and that's why nobody cares about people queueing up with friends in social FFA matches. Nobody wants their tense game of Battle Royale ruined on their last life by two dorks who are Teaming. They made the correct call by not opening that door in LSS.
Ok fine, But you do realize that we also CAN NOT queue for FFA slayer or rumble pit in a group right? If this mode was the exception then fine I guess. But it isn't.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
LSS is fun but I'm kinda shit. Spending longer in queue than I am in matches 🙃

Rumble pit is a welcome addition though, and the new maps are interesting. Not bad

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Probably will do two match of LSS, then two matches of regular Halo, just so I don't rage over sitting doing nothing while the game finishes.

RustedEdge

Aug 17, 2019
instead of nerfing just mangler melee they nerfed melee across the board and then buffed BR melee dmg in ranked so it's still a 2 shot beatdown but now in norms it's a 3 shot beatdown, and im pretty sure some other weapons are affected by this change as well.

AND they removed some jumps from some maps. lmao

Oct 31, 2017
instead of nerfing just mangler melee they nerfed melee across the board and then buffed BR melee dmg in ranked so it's still a 2 shot beatdown but now in norms it's a 3 shot beatdown, and im pretty sure some other weapons are affected by this change as well.

AND they removed some jumps from some maps. lmao
Are you serious? What the hell at all this shit man. All of it is pretty bad, but killing jumps is really bad.

Wonder how many and which specifically...

Thought I might have the urge to play. Considered turning the game on for the first time in months to maybe go for the black visor weekly but said nah not worth it.

Thinking I might not play until even later into the season tbh, if that even. Seeing stuff like this is not great for making me want to come back either lol and I'm now thinking that waiting the whole next 6+ however long for Forge/etc. might be better for me personally.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know how I feel about the jumps but the melee nerf is nice. Made the game not fun when everybody was just smacking each other and running people down. Mangler melee kills made ranked brain dead.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I know there is no cross save with xbox and steam versions for the campaign, but is there any cross progression for the MP f2p component?

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yo, I heard they removed some of the tactical jumps? Like the one from B side on Street into C? Are you fucking kidding me? That was some of the good stuff.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
i cant get a <100 ping match of lss so i cant kill anyone, so i guess its afk time while i watch a central park episode

edit: lol i got bored and i played and ended up winning

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Kinda dumb that if you get eliminated and quit the match, you don't get any progress for this event.

This is those little things that just add up and get people annoyed with how this game is handled.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Man the opening to the campaign is still so good. Looks great. Sounds great. Plays great.

Need th to fix the 30 fps facial animations but everything else is smooth as butter

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The narrative event is super underwhelming unless I'm missing something.

It's just those two small cutscenes and then the LSS event for the 10 tiers, right? I thought the narrative part of the event was gonna play into it more.

It is kinda cool how your customized Spartan is intact during the scene, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.