Green

Oct 27, 2017
Pisses me off that the next Commando and BR store models look like the Beam Rifle and like a Banished Railgun.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well then you should hope that the next game isn't another failure because Halo is apparently being considered to be put on ice if the next one sucks.

Was told this weeks ago and honestly after today I just fully believe that. MS don't care, they have Activision now.
Beyond the next 10 years, who knows. But here's the thing -- Putting on ice means what, exactly?

Indefinite pause on the Halo IP with a closure of 343? And from what level employee is this coming from? Is management talking about it?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'd like to see Infinity Ward make the next Halo. Let's be real, it can't get any worse. I'd like to see a new take with another dev.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see Infinity Ward make the next Halo. Let's be real, it can't get any worse. I'd like to see a new take with another dev.

Been pitching Call of Duty: Helljumpers forever. Not a CoDified Halo spinoff. A full on Call of Duty game, in the CoD engine, only set in the Halo universe. Hell even go for the marines instead ODSTs to change it up even more.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
We just need June 9th to hurry the fuck up so some folks can all either feel validation in Halo being dad, or move on with our wild speculations about the future.

I genuinely have no clue what direction we're headed

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We just need June 9th to hurry the fuck up so some folks can all either feel validation in Halo being dad, or move on with our wild speculations about the future.

I genuinely have no clue what direction we're headed

what happens june 9? i seriously doubt they announce anything big halo related. wasn't there a huge release (i think forge?) and they had a showcase and didn't show any halo?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Pisses me off that the next Commando and BR store models look like the Beam Rifle and like a Banished Railgun.

It kinda makes me wonder if any of these were actual designs for new weapons they were making or visually designing in the past before they moved on.

Played 3 Heros last night. Do we know how many there are now?

I feel like there's a decent amount, but only because it's much easier to get than H5 and MCC.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017

Forerunner

Resetufologist
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/Delta_ae/status/1787950539268833469

giphy.gif

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
what happens june 9? i seriously doubt they announce anything big halo related. wasn't there a huge release (i think forge?) and they had a showcase and didn't show any halo?

Infection, I think. I'd argue it doesn't count as "big".

I think MS showed Arbiter and Chief cameoing in Valhalla instead. Or might've just been Ubisoft.

Last edited:

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
They said showcase isnt for relatively minor game updates. Expansions or big headline features are for service games.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It can most definitely get worse.

Been pitching Call of Duty: Helljumpers forever. Not a CoDified Halo spinoff. A full on Call of Duty game, in the CoD engine, only set in the Halo universe. Hell even go for the marines instead ODSTs to change it up even more.
I always wanted that CoD-Halo game with over-the-top gameplay sequences. Maybe in another universe.

lol

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
What the fuck. Won first round in oddball, someone ragequits in opposing team, automatic match, no one gets points after playing and winning a full round of oddball.

I rarely complain about Infinite but that was annoying waste of time.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
We should have seen the writing on the wall when they didn't showcase anything for S4 during the last showcase. lol

I figured as much back then. When the major feature of the update was like... the goofy gametype that they only trot out every Halloween in previous games, what was there to really show off? "Here's another thing that should've been here at launch!"

Forerunner

Resetufologist
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Possible new antagonist for the next game 🤔

www.halowaypoint.com

Halo: The Third Life

<p>October 2558. After being taken prisoner by the Banished as chaos erupts across the galaxy, Ilsa Zane’s hunt for the truth leads her to a new stage of life she never expected…</p>

My name is Ilsa Zane.
The traitor. The rebel. The "mad Spartan."
The tip of the spear of the New Colonial Alliance.
And my hunt for the truth… has led me back to you.

Then, after the war, I became a tool to be used and discarded for a new generation of insipid UNSC propaganda.

And now they call me the Banished Spartan. I like that. It feels... right, and I'm eager to discover what this third life has in store for me.

Escharum was keen to put us to use almost immediately. A mission to test us, get us bloody—that's a story for another time. But if you're wondering how I got this armor, well... let's just say it wasn't the first Spartan I've killed.

I've got a list of names to work through as we go—old scores to settle. FERO. Musa. Palmer. Kree'yat. Dinh...

It's a big galaxy out there, and I'm ready for a new hunt.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Possible new antagonist for the next game 🤔

www.halowaypoint.com

Halo: The Third Life

<p>October 2558. After being taken prisoner by the Banished as chaos erupts across the galaxy, Ilsa Zane’s hunt for the truth leads her to a new stage of life she never expected…</p>

Let me play as her taking out high value ONI targets for the Banished in a bloody rated-M MGS-style spinoff.

--

I did another silly little 1v1 map with the new alien plants

HeNSw8S.jpeg

View: https://x.com/mrgreencastle/status/1786265375983960524

Download: https://www.halowaypoint.com/halo-infinite/ugc/maps/bdd89f29-4a40-429c-b86d-9190233fe796

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That Banished Spartan is really interesting. Even with just that small excerpt and referencing Dinh.. I'm drooling over it.

I want more! Would be sick if Halo Wars alternated with the mainline games and they connected in some way without being directly beholden to the other game's plot.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
That Banished Spartan is really interesting. Even with just that small excerpt and referencing Dinh.. I'm drooling over it.

I want more! Would be sick if Halo Wars alternated with the mainline games and they connected in some way without being directly beholden to the other game's plot.

Would be cool. Always felt like Infinite is more a sequel to Halo Wars 2 than to Halo 5.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Banished Spartan is pretty good, it's a lot better than some of the other stuff they came up with. It makes sense too with how they are treated.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Don't know how anyone plays Quickplay in this game without losing their mind. Playing obj with randoms lmao. Rather just go play TS or Ranked, where players at least somewhat understand the concept.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't even remember the last time I used the custom game browser. People just want to hit a button and play new modes, 99% of the population ain't checking out these modes lol

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Don't know how anyone plays Quickplay in this game without losing their mind. Playing obj with randoms lmao. Rather just go play TS or Ranked, where players at least somewhat understand the concept.

I can't even remember the last time I played quick play. Probably for challenges when they were more annoying in the past when we had less playlists.

I don't even remember the last time I used the custom game browser. People just want to hit a button and play new modes, 99% of the population ain't checking out these modes lol

It's pretty awful, yeah. I was hoping they would make it better as time went on but it's just another thing dumped into the game and abandoned.