• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
From my calculation it's 2,750 SP per week (250x7 for the dailies + 1k for weekly) which comes out to 11k per month earned from doing just challenges. The 15k from the Operation Pass reward tiers is enough to buy two of the brand new exchange items (Needle Minder helmet attachment 6k + Crowd Pleaser utility 9k) which is probably the items I'll go after.

Then you'd have to bank points to get that armor coating (30k SP) and who knows if it'll even still be available or rotated out by then. They definitely need to lower the pricing on that one, the rest seem okay though. Do agree that you should earn SP from just playing matches too. Something like 10 SP per match seems like it'd be fair.
Oh duh, it's 250 per day for the initial match. lol

If the new coating costs 30,000, you're only able to earn a maximum of 26,000 points in a five week operation before the exchange refreshes. If it's a six week operation, you'd need to play at least one match every day, complete every weekly challenge and finish the entire operation pass.

It'll also take twelve weeks of accrued credits to unlock every new item in the exchange, so it's actually impossible to earn everything new before it refreshes.

FOMO horseshit. Insane.

Considering the long refresh times of the exchange, only 21 items per refresh, and the long list of past stuff yeah it would kinda suck missing out on something and then waiting who knows how long before it rotates back in. They want that player engagement and longer retention though.

I don't really play MCC but how does the exchange work there? MCC probably has way more items, does the store just refresh more often and have more stuff at a given time?

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I still wish they implemented long-term challenges to earn exclusive stuff like how H5 had the commendation system but this is the next best thing.

To me that's still one of the biggest knocks on the game. Give players the incentive to play and earn stuff.
Commendations are a big need for Halo 7. I think the next thing they should add is Operation challenges that are separate from the weeklies, like how MCC had Season challenges next to the weeklies, to earn more SP.

Been saying it since launch, Infinite should've just copied MCC's challenge and reward system 1:1. Game would've been in a much better place PR wise if the Exchange was there day to earn basic stuff like the color white for free instead being locked behind a $15 buy.

Halo 7 multiplayer by Pierre Hintze believe 🙏

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
it's also worth noting the build / exchange they showed in the stream isn't necessarily indicative of what the SP costs will be for all of that.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Watching the community live stream, they are previewing next weeks update.

The Exchange coming to Infinite (inspired from MCC)
- Bringing back older vaulted items from past limited time events and marketing promotions (one example was Platinum Anniversary launch week coating)
- The Exchange also has new items, not just old ones
- 21 items in The Exchange at launch, will get refreshed with each Operation (approx 4-6 weeks)
- Instead of using real currency you use Spartan Points that you earn from playing the game
- 250 SP for completing Daily Challenge, 1k SP for Weekly Ultimate, 15k SP as tiers inside the Operation Pass

Sandbox Update
- Plasma Pistol EMP restored! Can stop vehicles with an overcharge shot.
- Gravity Hammer range nerfed
- S7 Sniper gets picked up slightly faster
- Sidekick slightly reduced rate of fire
- Cindershot gravity effect being removed, slight nerf to rate of fire
- Spike grenade will no longer detonate in mid-air, detonation timer only starts when it lands on an object or person. Timer slightly shortened.

Other
- Forge updates, flood objects and stuff
- Wheelman assists coming to Firefight (10 pts)
- If Ranked game starts 3v4 it automatically ends the game now with no CSR penalty
- Can now start custom game matches with certain handicaps (ie Cobra needs 20 points to win and Eagle needs 30 points to win). Helpful for when HCS games crash, it can be recreated to start off exactly where it left off points-wise.
- Death cam improvements, can rotate camera faster and around your body. No longer sticks to who kills you, when you move the camera you have control.
- Bandit Evo added to Weapon Drills
- Networking refinements. Skewer shots were feeling a little delayed, making improvement with this update. Weapon drop mechanic is being fixed too, no longer going to be faster than switching to secondary, works how it did in previous netcode. Few other things too.
- Match Composer still in the works and "getting closer"

Playlists
- Today: Corrosion 24/7 playlist, Interference map added to Ranked
- BTB Heavies refresh next week, all of the previously added BTB community maps have heavies versions
- Combat Workshop in May is Forge Falcons community group, a "survive the undead" experience in matchmaking. First community made PvE experience in MM.
At the very least, while a lot of the good changes to Infinite came too slowly and too late, they are continuing to lay a great foundation for the next game to follow. There are still a ton of issues, but it does seem they're aware.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's dumb that 343 has not come out and said this when it's painfully obvious. Are they really going to try to string people along for the next 3 years?
Yes.

At the very least, while a lot of the good changes to Infinite came too slowly and too late, they are continuing to lay a great foundation for the next game to follow. There are still a ton of issues, but it does seem they're aware.
Would you say.... they are learning from past mistakes?

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
I don't really play MCC but how does the exchange work there? MCC probably has way more items, does the store just refresh more often and have more stuff at a given time?

This is what MCC's exchange looks like. 10 "Featured items" that never change and there's 3 "Limited time items" that rotate weekly on Wednesdays. The "Upcoming items" section previews what's coming in the next refresh (hopefully they copy this part for Infinite's version).

uTcXhfW.png

So basically Infinite's version has almost twice as much items at any given time, just refreshes less often. I think Infinite's way is better (on paper) cause less FOMO and pressure to get things before they're gone.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm glad my teammate quit first because I left right after. Fucking four stack with +1800 and +1500. The "Gold 2" on their team went 30-6-11 and their account is private. lmao ranked is a joke

oh the Gold 2 was also +1800 lol

leafapp.co

Oddball on Streets - Ranked

Oddball on Streets - Ranked in Arena at Apr 24, 2024 with: Forerunner5755, Lancelot, Snowman761, Its Gevacio, xSavioRx MS, xCr33pShoWx, x R3LaXiN x, SlyDevilTim

Last edited:

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Yeah played a few matches of Corrosion and it's mediocre.

Same problem as Sperasoft's last map (Elevation the low gravity one) where they just go overboard with the sandbox. I won a Slayer match 50-9 cause our team had all three snipers and it felt kinda dirty to win like that lol. And in Oddball the ball carrier can just climb inside the vent while teammate guards it with rocket launcher, it's incredibly easy to hold ball setups and have blowout matches.

CTF is the only mode that plays half decently on that map.

GK0

Aug 6, 2022

View: https://twitter.com/TheForgeFalcons/status/1782848519533170825?t=TsOe8onY4s1c13Nw4FZIAQ&s=19

Nice 👍

It's dumb that 343 has not come out and said this when it's painfully obvious. Are they really going to try to string people along for the next 3 years?

What do you mean? Halo Infinite is alive and well.

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, while its hard to resist the urge to point out that most of these things should have been there from the start, the update looks good.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
This is what MCC's exchange looks like. 10 "Featured items" that never change and there's 3 "Limited time items" that rotate weekly on Wednesdays. The "Upcoming items" section previews what's coming in the next refresh (hopefully they copy this part for Infinite's version).

uTcXhfW.png

So basically Infinite's version has almost twice as much items at any given time, just refreshes less often. I think Infinite's way is better (on paper) cause less FOMO and pressure to get things before they're gone.

Gotcha, I think it would be ideal earning a small amount of SP per match too so people who play a lot are guaranteed to get all the new stuff they add per rotation. As of right now going by the test build prices that won't be the case.

Jesus you aren't kidding. Two shocks, sniper, rockets, camo. A fucking ghost. God damn show some sandbox restraint please

It's so bad. So many other fantastic community made Forge maps out there and we get this? AND 343 is paying this company for these mediocre maps instead of compensating other Forgers for better work. Baffling stuff.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Why does Corrosion gets it's own playlist and Interference doesn't? Why not put them both in the 24/7 list? I guess I'll get it eventually in ranked. Just doesn't make sense they are both 4v4.

modernist

Jan 13, 2018
cant say i love interference in ranked that much either, though I come at it from never having played H5. its a map that already feels like it will get the old "we're parking this one from the playlist for a while" treatment in a few months, and another dreary grey level. I dislike how many open angles it feels like you have on you the whole time.

i think i had a better time playing ranked CTF on bazaar than half of the current playlist

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Spartan points as weekly capstone rewards and event tier unlocks just feels like even less actual content will be coming

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Whatever, I'm not going to complain about finally being able to earn things just by playing that game. Are they going to make it grindy? Probably, to keep you "engaged", because they are hoping you head over to the shop and spend some money.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair people asked for "something to grind" even after the Mk VI. I don't think it's a bad thing for those who are still playing Infinite for some reason.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
It's not really a grind as is. It's time gated to one match completion for 250SP per day and one weekly challenge for 2500SP per week.

An improvement, but still room to improve that.

I would do like Reach and slot machine after a match like 1-25 SP.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
The Exchange is a way to boost up their DAU metrics. I only play the game maybe one or two days a week but now I'll play at least every day to maximize the SP rewards.

The people playing Infinite today are basically locked in and will very likely be playing the game 3 months from now and probably a year from now. Getting those players to log in more often is a way to mirage boost population.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
PSA: We didn't mention yesterday but items that rotate out of the Exchange can then be acquired with SP directly via the customization menus, similar to how past shop offers are handled.

That's a nice surprise.

Biggest potential "issue" I can see is that this slows down the Battle/Operation Pass progression somewhat. You no longer get 500XP from the daily challenge (first match of day) and probably no XP from the weekly challenge, either. No more double XP reward tiers in the pases also. So players are gonna have to grind a bit more. Could have very well been the point though, to keep players engaged.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
At least Corrosion is a good map to practice sniping. It's still hilarious both bases have Shock and there's also an S7 on the middle platform.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Corrosion has so much cheesy stuff, I realized yesterday you could be a passenger as oddball carrier. Enemies were coming after us on foot and we just hopped into a Gungoose and drove away from them and around the map racking up ball time lol

JfsOT8v.jpeg

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Corrosion has so much cheesy stuff, I realized yesterday you could be a passenger as oddball carrier. Enemies were coming after us on foot and we just hopped into a Gungoose and drove away from them and around the map racking up ball time lol

JfsOT8v.jpeg

That is actually hilarious. What a troll of a map

PinkCrayon

Oct 25, 2017
Mints video no doubt. Basically just saying that forgers do better work than payed studios and that forgers he asked said the issues with the maps (spawns, bot pathing) were easily fixed, the maps didn't seem to have arting passes, ect.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
The end result is a bad map - where the problem lies so we get it fixed or better content in the future is on 343.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Both the sludge map and space elevator map look like ass and are below the quality bar of what should be expected of MM. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can't be emotionally invested in this industry and be unaware to how extreme fandom is on both sides of the spectrum.

It's really as simple as that. Fans are the worst, but they're also the best. I really hope we don't see a public war growing between 343 devs blaming fans for Not Understanding Game Dev TM.

No shit people don't, this industry is insanely guarded. For good and bad reasons. Can't help the ignorance without first changing how the system handles transparency.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York

Mints video no doubt. Basically just saying that forgers do better work than payed studios and that forgers he asked said the issues with the maps (spawns, bot pathing) were easily fixed, the maps didn't seem to have arting passes, ect.

My guess to what pissed him off the most (aside from saying community members do a better job as a hobby - not wrong btw) was saying how their maps feel like they were done in two days. However, he clarifies that it wasn't exactly what Mint Blitz said directly in the video but more so "just the truth over the situation" which has me believing there's some sort of communication issue between 343 and Sperasoft which I wouldn't find surprising in the slightest as this is the area that 343 struggles with the most regardless of who it is.

Still, just cause you're a Halo mega fan doesn't excuse the issues Mint and many others pointed out. The aesthetic is amateur compared to other higher tier Forge creations by the community, the spawn points are a joke and should have easily been tested/fixed after a few internal play sessions of the map - a thing a mega fan of Halo would pick up right away. The bot path tracing not working, while I don't personally care about, is something 343 tells the community must work so it is not fair Sperasoft gets a free pass on this when a fix for path tracing could be done in minutes.

I don't think Mint said they don't care about the franchise, but it's just a fact other community creations do a better job on all fronts - visually, structurally, balancing, bugs - and as an official co-dev who are being paid for these maps they need to be doing a better job, especially since long-time community Forgers not being compensated is such a hot topic right now.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why did 343 go with Sperasoft over using the many Forgers dreaming of working for free? Just give them a crumb of fame, a little avatar t-shirt and be done with it if they don't want contact/hire Forgers.

What's the story here? Why did 343 go with them for Forge maps instead of its own community?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Why did 343 go with Sperasoft over using the many Forgers dreaming of working for free? Just give them a crumb of fame, a little avatar t-shirt and be done with it if they don't want contact/hire Forgers.

What's the story here? Why did 343 go with them for Forge maps instead of its own community?

Apparently Sperasoft also helped make Catalyst?

I assume they still have a contract signed and they must work with them until it expires.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing leaks of the space elevator map and corrosion and just thought they were WiP from the thumbnails, but their launch counterparts look exactly the same. Yet 343 expects its players to drop money in the cash shop when the only thing they can add are maps that look like they were made in H5 forge. The quality control is absolutely abysmal.

I'll beat on this drum again, the forge rocks being one repeating texture with bad materials does not help, forgers professional or just community based are limited by the assets 343 provides. Corrosion very heavily features rocks and it's ugly as a result. Just having some rocks with more varied textures would go a long way.