• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped when he praised the vehicle inclusion and especially the mongoose and oddball combo. Seriously WTF kind of take is that?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Day two of ranked. No new map and -2 CSR.

GtVIzx.gif

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I got into a match where my teammates all quit after like 2 minutes, so I was stuck with bot teammates for the rest of the match. It turned out I didn't even need my human teammates, since I managed to get 36 kills on my own and win the match with some help of the bot teammates.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Finally got the Rig 😭

Edit: Twice in a row! The Halo Gods favor me!

I really hate all these players that just randomly go AFK throughout the match. Just quit if you're going to be gone.

Last edited:

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Played two matches of that Sperasoft map. Yeah, it's not good.

I learned that it was originally supposed to be made in Faber as a dev map instead of forge.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I like the layout I just wish they made it in Faber.

I wonder, how different or more difficult is it to work with Faber and in-house dev tools for creating maps as opposed to what Forgers currently work with?

I feel like giving the toolset to a select group/individuals who are trusted and senior council members of the Forge community so they can make even greater things would be awesome, but at that point I guess you can say why not just hire them outright at that point. lol

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I wonder, how different or more difficult is it to work with Faber and in-house dev tools for creating maps as opposed to what Forgers currently work with?

I feel like giving the toolset to a select group/individuals who are trusted and senior council members of the Forge community so they can make even greater things would be awesome, but at that point I guess you can say why not just hire them outright at that point. lol
My guess is it's less about difficulty with Faber/in-house tools and more about creating and authoring bespoke assets for the artwork on the map. Expensive to model, texture, etc, a bunch of assets specifically for a new map vs. kitbashing and scaling a bunch of stuff in Forge.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The amount of CSR you get is really what kills my drive in this game. Lately I've been getting between +6 and +8 CSR. So even if I turn into a god and went on a perfect win streak, I'd still need around 60 games to get to Onyx. They could easily make ranked a more enjoyable experience, other AAA shooters have no problem of this.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I melee them and I got a hit marker, but it did no dmg. I shot and melee again and it broke their shields that time. They teabagged me because they thought they are good or something lmao

Just another day at the asylum. 🤪

View: https://xboxclips.com/Forerunner5755/7e5c91bd-221a-45a8-9e29-5d65ab65885d

lmao now I really lost it, I watched it on .25, random ass teammate ran in front of them and I hit them wtf can't make this shit up.

Last edited:

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

BanishedHonor_PremiumPassALL.jpg

COATINGS 'N' KITS

Sometimes it's fun to just jump into the Armor Hall and try out a bunch of different looks—seeing what elements can make each core and kit just the right kind of unique.
Coatings are obviously a key element of customizing your Spartan, and when Operation: Banished Honor launches we have 54 existing coatings that have been updated to work with additional Armor Cores and Kits.

UPCOMING OPERATIONS

Banished Honor is just the beginning, as it will be followed by two further Operations still to come...
TENRAI IV
JUNE 4-JULY 2
Tenrai will return with new customization rewards in a free Operation Pass, a Tenrai-themed refresh of the Exchange, and new Shop bundles.
SPARTAN SURPLUS
JULY 2-30
New Mark IV-themed armor pieces are accompanied by an Exchange refresh full of tactical gear from the past and more!

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yappening II is the first battle pass I didn't complete. I'm officially burnt out on Infinite.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of CSR you get is really what kills my drive in this game. Lately I've been getting between +6 and +8 CSR. So even if I turn into a god and went on a perfect win streak, I'd still need around 60 games to get to Onyx. They could easily make ranked a more enjoyable experience, other AAA shooters have no problem of this.
Certainly not Overwatch.

time to bring out the Gears, DOOM, and Fallout inspired kits
Money sitting on the table. Idk how this isn't a common thing by now, Xbox fans would gobble up crossovers.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Certainly not Overwatch.

Money sitting on the table. Idk how this isn't a common thing by now, Xbox fans would gobble up crossovers.
The game's in maintenance mode/money squeeze mode. And kits do sell (see: Halo CE kit) so 343i shouldn't GAF if people whine about kits instead of cross-core components at this point lmao. How much could it cost to make vs earned

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The game's in maintenance mode/money squeeze mode. And kits do sell (see: Halo CE kit) so 343i shouldn't GAF if people whine about kits instead of cross-core components at this point lmao. How much could it cost to make vs earned

There are so many other potential customization options that 343 just never bothered with it's insane.

- Weapon coatings/models for Banished and Covenant
- Vehicle coatings/models for Banished and Covenant
- New AI models and colors (probably abandoned due to voice-overs being expensive/time consuming)
- New Spartan intros (again most likely abandoned due to the complexity of animation. Still, it's insane to me they never expanded on giving us more intros)
- Playable Elites would literally print money, and the amount of customization to add to them would be near limitless.
- Flashier nameplates. Why no animated ones like MCC?
- Vehicle models abandoned after the paltry amount during S1. Also it was never adjusted/fixed to be able to use more than 1 even if they were in completely separate areas. Huge oversight.
- Collab's from other games/Xbox properties, as mentioned.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

AIM MAGNETISM TOGGLE

A new Aim Magnetism toggle is now available in both the Controller and the Keyboard/Mouse settings menus. This toggle is set to enabled by default and it is separated per input method, meaning that disabling it for one input method will not disable it for the other method.

When this toggle is disabled, the reticle on the Heads-Up Display (HUD) will still turn red when an enemy is in-range, and players can still dash towards enemies meleeing. Additionally, aim magnetism for Equipment like the Grappleshot and the Threat Sensor will not be disabled by this toggle.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Corrosion just... feels.. off. The flow is wack. It's too open and almost only encourages being on the outskirts. I don't really like it much..

also yeah no more big xp per day. Only SP. Feel like challenges got nerfed to extend the time it takes to complete a season

I used to get like nearly 10 levels in an hour on a dxp boost. Now I'm lucky if I get 4 (though it depends on the challenges...)

Last edited:

modernist

Jan 13, 2018
lost all five placement matches against 3-4 teams, placed exactly one rank below where i was before anyway

whole thing just felt a bit uneccesary this time around. I know my MMR, you know my MMR

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I'm a big believer in not bashing a problem unless I have a solution, or at least a proposed solution.

So here's the problem, Halo doesn't have the relevance we want it to anymore and "nobody" wants to play infinite.

With E3 around the corner and me not necessarily expecting anything Halo related, I challenged myself to OBJECTIVELY come up with what I believe should be next

So what would YOU have the next Halo game do to actually excite the gaming population (for more than a month) and bring some quality back to the brand?

Opinion:
it appears that the 4v4 arena shooter Halo branded gameplay just isn't something to push the needle anymore. Gaming has changed The expectations from audience have changed and clearly people want more.

I believe that if infinite launched with everything it had now it's still wouldn't have been enough to keep the game going for these last 2 years plus with a rolling strong population that makes other games afraid to put out a new season cause they don't want to be overshadowed by Halo.

Realistically, even double the player base it has now is still not enough to actually make a difference in gaming as a whole. It may be true that Halo simply isn't capable of doing such anymore which is a hard pill to swallow for us grizzled veterans but seemingly the reality that we live in.

So again the question is, what gameplay experience are you putting out that you believe would position Halo in the best way moving forward?

I've said this many times on here over the past couple years and I will keep saying it till I die, I genuinely believe that a Halo copy of DMZ from call of duty would be the best evolution moving forward for the game. A PvPvE Extraction game with linear persistence, microtransactions that benefit gameplay but do not erase skill, extremely varied gameplay and flexibility in allowing different players to find their own level of success rather than "First to 50 kills or you suck"

Sidenote: I'm not positive it even needs the 2nd P, because there are many successful PvE games that showcase how to keep fanbases satiated, but the added threat of "real" players in DMZ makes for thrilling encounters.

* C.R.E.A.M. *
That's the undeniable fact, it has to make money, well MTX are a huge part of DMZ, there's no denying that. But it was never in a way that players felt cheated or unfair. They really struck a fantastic balance between fairness and value.

I wish an idea like this (Tatanka) could have happened earlier in Infinites lifecycle because I genuinely believe as a companion title both of these experiences really could have flourished.

#Real world talking
This would require an enormous team with experience that 343 def didnt have and doesn't have now + with all the CA uncertainty I'm fully in fantasy land, but that's the structure I would hope for.

I mostly just voice to text's that on my way home, so thanks for anyone who reads or responds. I love this dumb game and franchise, I hope brighter days are ahead.

I still play Infinite, but I'm over trying to fix it , it is what it is.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I'm a big believer in not bashing a problem unless I have a solution, or at least a proposed solution.

So here's the problem, Halo doesn't have the relevance we want it to anymore and "nobody" wants to play infinite.

With E3 around the corner and me not necessarily expecting anything Halo related, I challenged myself to OBJECTIVELY come up with what I believe should be next

So what would YOU have the next Halo game do to actually excite the gaming population (for more than a month) and bring some quality back to the brand?

Opinion:
it appears that the 4v4 arena shooter Halo branded gameplay just isn't something to push the needle anymore. Gaming has changed The expectations from audience have changed and clearly people want more.

I believe that if infinite launched with everything it had now it's still wouldn't have been enough to keep the game going for these last 2 years plus with a rolling strong population that makes other games afraid to put out a new season cause they don't want to be overshadowed by Halo.

Realistically, even double the player base it has now is still not enough to actually make a difference in gaming as a whole. It may be true that Halo simply isn't capable of doing such anymore which is a hard pill to swallow for us grizzled veterans but seemingly the reality that we live in.

So again the question is, what gameplay experience are you putting out that you believe would position Halo in the best way moving forward?

I've said this many times on here over the past couple years and I will keep saying it till I die, I genuinely believe that a Halo copy of DMZ from call of duty would be the best evolution moving forward for the game. A PvPvE Extraction game with linear persistence, microtransactions that benefit gameplay but do not erase skill, extremely varied gameplay and flexibility in allowing different players to find their own level of success rather than "First to 50 kills or you suck"

Sidenote: I'm not positive it even needs the 2nd P, because there are many successful PvE games that showcase how to keep fanbases satiated, but the added threat of "real" players in DMZ makes for thrilling encounters.

* C.R.E.A.M. *
That's the undeniable fact, it has to make money, well MTX are a huge part of DMZ, there's no denying that. But it was never in a way that players felt cheated or unfair. They really struck a fantastic balance between fairness and value.

I wish an idea like this (Tatanka) could have happened earlier in Infinites lifecycle because I genuinely believe as a companion title both of these experiences really could have flourished.

#Real world talking
This would require an enormous team with experience that 343 def didnt have and doesn't have now + with all the CA uncertainty I'm fully in fantasy land, but that's the structure I would hope for.

I mostly just voice to text's that on my way home, so thanks for anyone who reads or responds. I love this dumb game and franchise, I hope brighter days are ahead.

I still play Infinite, but I'm over trying to fix it , it is what it is.
Cash rules everything around me!

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Cash rules everything around me!

Yet another example of how I know you a real one funky ✊🏻

Edit: my BIG PICTURE idea is that Halo needs to harness the "There's more than just winning" approach.

All BR games do it well, there are levels of success, Helldivers does it well also, DMZ does it the best.

Imo the days of, the only satisfaction you have is at the expense of other people's satisfaction, are limited. Especially for older fans (which Halo is exclusively comprised of)