• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 4, 2018
sqkv.jpg

sbif.jpg

FF8uSLKVkAEKQw5

Credits
FGlI8kjWQAQcz5O

Opencritic: 87 (130 reviews) 94% Critics Recommend
Metacritic: 87 (88 reviews Xbox Series X) 81 (28 reviews PC)

xuw8.jpg

VentureBeat - 5/5
Consider me a Halo fan now. I was never really looking forward to Infinite. But now that it's here, it's so much more than what I was expecting. And I think that whatever 343 does next will be even better, and I'll be eagerly awaiting it.

Inverse - 10/10
Our first-ever perfect score!

NME - 10/10
Halo Infinite feels as immediately compelling and necessary as Bungie's original games, and is a shining beacon in a year that has felt quite underwhelming in the AAA space. Intense combat and a keen sense of creativity make this a must-play, even if you're not typically a fan of the genre or even Mr Mean and Green himself.

SomosXbox - 9.8/10
Halo Infinite is the best game from 343 Industries, and probably the best game of the Master Chief: an epic journey, full of emotion, joy, and, of course, a marvelous soundtrack that make us connect with our beloved Master Chief and his new companions. Everyone who loves Halo, must play Halo Infinite.

Impulse Gamer - 9.6/10
So was the wait worth it for Halo Infinite? Undeniable it was and although it is a year late with a few bugs here and there, It's definitely going to be a winner for Microsoft as this is easily one of the best Halo games in the franchise and really expands the story surrounding Master Chief, the USNC and of course Cortana, including the myriad of villainous aliens that you face along the way.

With perfect controls on the Xbox Series X controller and equally impressive graphics plus sound effects, Halo Infinite is a love letter to fans from 343 Industries and delivers a very satisfying experience from start to finish and while it may have started as a bad day for Master Chief, it quickly improves as he gets his Spartan groove back. Then you have the already competent multiplayer that just adds to the overall experience of Halo Infinite.

Stevivor - 9.5/10
I was tempted to award Infinite a perfect score, but holes in functionality in both campaign and multiplayer hold it back ever so slightly. Don't get me wrong, though — this is a fantastic offering and you absolutely owe it to yourself to play it. I imagine by May 2022 or so, that 10/10 experience will be there for fans and casual players alike.

The Games Machine - 9.5/10
Halo Infinite succeeds in bringing the series back to its roots without forgetting to make several changes useful to renovate its formula. The single player campaign is exciting and diverse thanks to its compact and never dispersive open world structure, while its multiplayer takes everything that's good about Halo to deliver an engaging, modern and fun experience. Unfortunately, it's not free of issues which, however, only concern the outline of the experience, such as the playlists structure and the progression system. Luckily, those issues were already recognized by the developers and are in the process of being addressed.

GameInformer - 9.3/10
343 Industries captures the magic, embracing series traditions without being held back by them.

www.youtube.com

Halo Infinite Review – The Best Halo Game In Years

It all leads to this. Halo Infinite is finally here but is it worth playing? Join GI for our official review of Master Chief's latest adventure as we tell yo...

Aerajugones - 9.2/10
Halo Infinite's compendium is a remarkable one, a game that excels in all areas and that properly shows the hard work that 343 Industries has put in the game. The campaign is cool and the multiplayer is lots of fun, so all in all John 117's first appearance in the next-gen is a fantastic one.

Rectify Gaming - 9.2/10
The story of Master Chief and Cortana is riveting, the Banished make excellent enemies and the multiplayer is the most fun I've had since Halo 3.

Gamesradar+ - 4.5/5
Halo Infinite celebrates a 20-year legacy with style and smartly outlines the foundations for future expansion – and it's the best Halo has been in quite some time.

Atomix - 9/10
I am very happy to tell you that Halo: Infinite is the Halo that we have been waiting for and that shows that indeed, 343 Industries is the indicated study to continue with the Master Chief legacy and that most likely, this new formula that integrates an open world in campaign, be the way to go for future installments.

Destructoid - 9/10
If I had one piece of advice for people on the fence with Halo Infinite, it would be to not worry about the open world and embrace how it's handled here. I was incredibly worried at first that 343 wouldn't be able to resist the siren's song of other major publishers, but the restraint here is appreciated. This is an extremely 2021 Halo, and I think it's going to win over both lapsed players and diehards.

IGN Spain - 9/10
Halo Infinite recovers all the epic feel of the first installments in a title that seems to want to act as a connection with the future of the saga.

Comicbook - 4.5/5

PC Mag - 4.5/5
Halo Infinite pushes the franchise forward with a deep, open-world campaign, and includes multiplayer modes that recapture the classic games' satisfying game feel and matchmaking experience.
www.pcmag.com

Halo Games, Ranked: Counting Down the Titles In Xbox's Excellent FPS Series

The Halo series looms large as one of the best and most important shooter franchises of all time, but which Halo game is the best of the best? We analyze the mainline shooter series, and pick the top gun.
ODST
Infinite
Reach
CE
This is easily 343's best Halo work, one of the better campaign offerings in the series, and a successful modern franchise refresh.​

Meristation - 9/10
Halo Infinite is the game that the series needed. 343 Industries returns to the roots with a new chapter of Master Chief that fans will love both in campaign and multiplayer.

Dualshockers- 9/10
Bringing a return to form for both the campaign and multiplayer, the entire experience is a Halo tour de force for the Xbox brand. With the promise that Halo Infinite will be a launching ground for future Halo experiences, Master Chief is looking at a bright future ahead.

Eurogamer Italy - 9/10
Halo Infinite is an unexpectedly surprising game capable of mixing the past and the future of the series. There are still some refinements to be made but this is only the beginning of an epic adventure.

Pure Xbox - 9/10
Halo Infinite feels like a big step forward for the franchise, a slick shift into the open world arena that manages to strike a fine balance between the traditional narrative-driven Halo of old and all-new levels of freedom and emergent gameplay. It's not all perfect, the story fizzles out a little as it goes on and Zeta Halo isn't the most technically proficient open world we've experienced, but the amazing combat here smooths over most of these minor cracks. Halo's action has truly never felt better, and with an almost endless supply of enemies to engage with in the campaign and a stellar multiplayer package to get stuck into, this is one super-satisfying return for the Master Chief.

Shacknews- 9/10
Hats off to 343 Industries. The whole team should feel proud because Halo Infinite is an instant classic. Halo's back, baby!

SpazioGames - 9/10
343 Industries made an amazing job in making Halo: Infinite feel new and captivating, yet familiar for long time fans that patiently waited for Master Chief to come back.

Hobbyconsolas - 9/10
Not only does it manage to expand the playable frontiers of Halo, but it also makes us feel "at home" with sensations similar to those of the beginning of the franchise.
God is a Geek - 9/10
Halo Infinite is a great example of gameplay being king. Moreish, exciting combat is only let down by a fairly safe open world and lack of essential feeling abilities and upgrades.

PressStart - 9/10
With an adventurous campaign, complete with a sandbox that'll still be there when your friends can join the fight, and a multiplayer suite that feels like a note-perfect revival of the Halo of old, Halo Infinite feels like the complete blockbuster sci-fi shooter we've been waiting for from 343 Industries. It hasn't happened overnight for the team, but the mantle passed to them, at last, feels earned.​

TheGamer - 4.5/5
The Return Of Master Chief We've Been Waiting For

GameRant - 4.5/5
Halo Infinite is inevitably going to see a ton of play thanks to its day one inclusion on Game Pass and the campaign is well-positioned to impress. There are plenty of mechanical, enemy, weapon, and story throwbacks for longtime fans to smirk at and the game is approachable, exciting, and endearing enough to potentially win over a whole new generation of Halo fans.

Xbox Achievements - 9/10
While Halo Infinite's campaign structure is new territory for the series, and will likely divide opinion, it tells a good story, and creates moments that rank it in the top half when it comes to good Halo campaigns. Throw in a phenomenal multiplayer arena and some stellar shooter mechanics, and it's safe to say that 343 has finally put their stamp on the wonderful world of Halo.

Dexerto - 9/10
Taking both single and multiplayer as a whole, Halo Infinite marks a return to form for a franchise that is in desperate need of one.

Vandal - 8.8/10
The Master Chief is back with 343i's best Halo so far. Infinite delivers a fantastic campaign with solid gunplay that we have thoroughly enjoyed. Even with some flaws and the lack of co-op modes, Halo Infinite is a game you cannot miss.

TrueGaming - 8.5/10
Halo Infinite will be loved by its fans as well as newcomers as it is a breath of fresh air in the campaign and multiplayer modes.

Giantbomb - 4/5
Overall, Halo Infinite is great but something of a mixed bag. Fans of the genre will certainly enjoy the additional mobility granted by the grappling hook while the rest of the gameplay delivers that well-polished Halo experience that shooter-heads have come to know and love over the decades. It's a bit of a shame that the story doesn't quite stick the landing, but add in the fantastic (and free) multiplayer and you've got a really solid foundation for whatever comes next, be that a story expansion or an eventual full-on sequel.

Metro - 8/10
The bizarrely structured and frequently uninteresting story campaign threatens to undermine the multiplayer, but this is still easily the best Halo has been for over a decade.

IGN France - 8/10
Master Chief is back for its fans, with some great new gameplay and a solid multiplayer. They will also enjoy the "good old times" aspects of the story, probably more than newcomers will. They also might be frustrated that the ambitious narration kinda falls short, ending when it should really start.

IGN Italy - 8/10
Halo Infinite as a game is a solid and fun job. As a chapter in a series that has always been characterized by strong epic traits, it is little more than a simple prologue.

Hardcore Gamer - 4/5
The longevity of Halo Infinite will rest with its multiplayer battles as this is the online shooter the world has been needing. Halo Infinite is the defining project from 343 Industries thus far.

VGC - 4/5
Halo Infinite's move to a more open-world structure feels like a new beginning for the series, with nostalgic nods and fresh introductions combining to great effect. Both the campaign and multiplayer have room for improvement, but the core experience is strong.

Guardian - 4/5
The engrossing flagship Xbox shooter returns with its fabled craggy supersoldier and plenty of style but not quite enough bang

EGM - 8/10
It's Halo made for Halo fans, but there's enough novelty to keep it feeling fresh.

PCGamesN - 8/10
A phenomenal single-player experience that competes with the best this iconic series has to offer. Multiplayer needs a fair few structural tweaks, but still ultimately sparks joy.

CogConnected - 7.6/10
The campaign's open-world gameplay is phenomenal, and I can't wait to play through it again on legendary, especially with a friend in the future. Despite my disappointment in the narrative, the lead performances are strong, and the presentation is cinematic. I've been playing Halo multiplayer with my friends for nearly twenty years. We've kept up with the Master Chief Collection over the years, but Infinite is the most addicted we've been in a long time. It's far from perfect, but I can't wait to see how Halo Infinite evolves over the coming months and years.

GameRevolution - 7.5/10
The start of something special but unfinished by design

Screenrant - 7/10
Halo Infinite is an exceptional game that's being held back by 343 Industries. It has the potential to be amazing, if only it's allowed to be.

Attack of the Fanboy - 7/10
Halo Infinite might be kind of underwhelming on the single player side, but multiplayer has tons of promise if 343 can tackle launch issues swiftly.

Polygon - Unscored
Halo Infinite saves the series by finally doing something different.
www.polygon.com

The complete ranking of the mainline Halo games, including Halo Infinite

From best to worst, here’s how the Halo FPS games stack up
CE
Infinite
Reach
ODST
There will likely never be a Halo game that knock's Bungie's original trilogy out of the top 3, but Halo Infinite comes damn close.

11o4.jpg

WindowsCentral- 5/5
There's simply no other way to put it: Halo Infinite is a masterpiece. And whether you're a seasoned Halo veteran or a newcomer that's interested in seeing what the hype is all about, this campaign is a Great Journey you would be foolish to miss.

XboxEra- 10/10
An epic campaign that is everything true fans of the series have wanted since our nostalgia-driven brains started to really appreciate just how cool levels like the Silent Cartographer or Two Betrayals could be with modern tech.

In a year packed with sub-par launches for some of the biggest first-person shooter franchises, it really feels good to simply say this:

Halo is back. I for one, welcome the return of the king.​

www.youtube.com

Review | Halo Infinite (Campaign) [4K]

The King is Back.Just Who Are The Banished? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz5meS_38LsWritten, Video Edited & Narrated By: Jesse "Doncabesa" Norris► Become ...

PowerUp Gaming - 10/10
It's just that damn good.

Even after the credits have rolled and you've completed every icon on the map, if you're like me, you'll still want to keep playing for the simple fact that there's nothing else like it. Easily the best first-person shooter of the year and so far, the best of this generation.

Halo Infinite is a triumph.

Generacion Xbox- 9.9/10
Halo Infinite is a much needed reinvention of the franchise. Its campaign mode makes it the most ambitious, fun and complete Halo of them all. This edition is a love letter to fans and a true gift for the newcomers. Undoubtedly, one of the best games of the generation, and a true gem not to be missed.

The Washington Post - 9.5/10
The 'Halo Infinite' campaign is the closest to perfection in 20 years.

Seasoned Gaming - 9.5/10
As a spiritual reboot that maintains the current Halo timeline, Halo Infinite is everything I had hoped for and more. It's an emotional and heartfelt journey that sat with me for days after finishing it, and I'm already excited to experience it again.

ModernWarzone - 9.5/10
With everything previously mentioned in mind, I give Halo Infinite's campaign a 9.5/10, with the only reason it not receiving a perfect 10/10 being that it may be hard for new fans to pick up on the story without external information and no co-op mode at launch.

HiddenXperia - 9.3/10
It's finally time... 6 years in the making... This is my review for Halo Infinite's Campaign, that I think is an utter masterpiece and of which a absolutely blew me away.

24331a96172131a851586651ed523fd6c2883d3e_2_1035x579.jpeg

Player2 - 9.1/10
With Halo Infinite, 343 has finally surpassed the high-points from Bungie's reign over the Halo Franchise. It was worth the wait to see the Master Chief return in such a spectacular fashion.

Power Unlimited - 9/10
Halo Infinite is a sequence of Greatest Halo Hits, stitched together with an open Ring world. The game offers a level of action that only the early parts can compete with in sheer fun. Ignore the 'call to duty' and ignore the 'battlefields': in the 26th century, Halo Infinite is where the shooter action of the year is.

VG247 - 4.5/5
Halo Infinite isn't perfect. It has foibles and struggles here and there. But it's also a slam dunk of a release; it's exactly what Halo needs to be now. As Halo's relevance has felt to wane over recent years, this is a bold statement that, no, Halo isn't 'over'. It was never close. It matters, and it's still brilliant. I don't mind waiting to see where updates take it, because what's here at launch is already largely brilliant. I'm excited for the future of Halo again.

IGN - 9/10

Gamespot - 9/10
Halo Infinite strives to transform what it means to be a Halo game, making Chief into a reluctant father figure for a young and naive AI and putting him into an open-world setting. It turns out that was a risk worth taking for the franchise, as Infinite is an incredible game. Certain story elements are on the weaker side and the amazing Grappleshot makes the rest of Chief's equipment feel a bit lacking in comparison, but these are small shortcomings in what otherwise feels like the best Halo campaign in years and an excellent evolution of what Halo can be.

www.youtube.com

Halo Infinite Campaign Review

Halo Infinite transforms the series' two-decade-old formula for the better, giving protagonist Master Chief more characterization and implementing an open wo...

PC Invasion - 9/10
There will no doubt be discussions on where Infinite lands on the spectrum of great Halo games. For me, it definitely ranks among the best. It's been a long road, but it felt good finishing the fight once more.

CGMagazine - 9/10
Halo Infinite brings together the best gameplay elements from the Bungie Halo era, doubles down on Halo CE's sandbox environments to encompass its entire open world structure and brings new gameplay mechanics that will no doubt become a permanent part of its design document going forward, making it an experience no shooter fan can afford to miss.

Gaming Trend - 9/10
Put simply, Halo Infinite is a return to form. 343 Industries has managed to deliver a campaign with a compelling storyline, fresh ideas, and familiar gunplay that takes the series in a brand new direction without breaking the formula. It was well worth the wait, even if there are a few bugs remaining to hammer out.

Everyeye.it - 8.5/10
At the moment the Infinite campaign indicates a direction, a landing point: it is a very solid even if at times imperfect departure, which however will not fail to leave ecstatic the veterans of the saga and the curious who will approach Halo only thanks to this chapter.

Multiplayer.it - 8.5/10
The main campaign of Halo Infinite has a bunch of problems: the AI that manages the friendly marines is underwhelming and the level design of the missions is sometimes repetitive. But as soon as you start firing, the game is simply perfect and this is what counts in a first person shooter.

Telegraph- 4/5

The blockbuster shooter goes open-world with mixed results, but its impeccable combat and sumptuous vistas win out.​
Jeuxvideo - 8/10
In short, we gain in freedom of action what we lose in spectacle. With such successful main mechanics, we would have liked an even more ambitious campaign, period.

WellPlayed - 8/10
Halo Infinite's campaign closes a few doors and opens some others, and even if the open-world stylings could be better integrated into the overarching gameplay design, it's a title that pays homage to the past while looking to the future

PC Gamer - 7.8/10
Halo Infinite can't quite deliver on being an open-world throwback, but it's the best shooting the series has seen to date.

IGN Korea - 7/10
The shooting mechanism which already reached its height in the previous work has gone through further refinement, and the introduction of semi-open world experience adds much needed exploration to the game. Add to this, the audio and visual style brings a sense of nostalgia and made this game worthy successor of classic Halo. In terms of the story, however, the game focuses on adding new narrative while the liability left by the previous work often neglected, made its continuity superficial at best. Although the fun of the game itself cannot be denied, the unsatisfactory storytelling still remains as a chronic problem of 343 Industries' Halo.

Eurogamer- Recommended
This is the main reason why I jumped straight back into Halo Infinite's campaign after I finished it. Somewhere between those map icons is tantalising mystery, and that's what Silent Cartographer was all about, wasn't it? Being on an alien world, not knowing the whys or the hows or the whos. Working things out while finishing the fight. Halo Infinite, underneath it all, is about just that.

ConsolesCreatures - Recommended
Despite the odds, Halo Infinite is not only spiritually rebooted, but delivered with love in spades. From its personal & emotional delivery of Master Chief's story to the mystery & exploration of Zeta Halo, it is not to be missed.

CNET - Unscored
The easy analogue is Breath of the Wild, a game famous for the freedoms it granted users. In some ways that comparison makes sense, but Halo Infinite has more in common with a game like Metal Gear Solid 5. Much like that game, Halo Infinite takes established gameplay loops designed for tighter, claustrophobic encounters and places them wholesale in dramatically upscaled environments. And much like MGS5, it somehow still manages to preserve the crafted feel of its predecessors in the process.

Arstechnica - Unscored
Halo Infinite's campaign sets the stage for an incredible sequel someday. Today is not that day. Consider this a fine rental or excuse to burn through a single month of Xbox Game Pass, either now or whenever the co-op mode finally goes live in 2022.

TheSixthAxis - In-Progress
Based on our time with it so far, Halo Infinite is the best Halo package we've had since Halo Reach, and finally brings 343 Studios' work in line with Bungie's original series.

ACG - Buy

25mr.jpg

CGMagazine - 9.5/10
Unencumbered by the baggage of the upcoming story campaign, Halo Infinite Multiplayer is arguably the definitive incarnation of the franchise's online competitive component and is strong enough to stand on its own despite its F2P leanings.

Evereye.it - 9.2/10
Halo: Infinite Multiplayer is a bomb. It is the return in great dust not only of a historical franchise - which regains a place at the top of competitive shooters - but also of a different interpretation of the genre.

IGN - 9/10
Halo Infinite's multiplayer delivers a spectacular modern version of one of gaming's most esteemed first-person shooters.

God is a Geek - 9/10
Halo Infinite multiplayer is a wonderful element of 343 Industries' latest release. This is one of the strongest multiplayer elements the series has ever had. It builds on everything that's worked in the past, with much better visuals and a wonderfully responsive control scheme. The maps are varied and fun to fight in, and the different modes have something for everyone. With the improvements to the Battle Pass and general progression now in progress, things are only going to go from strength to strength.

DVS Gaming - 9/10
Halo Infinite is a successful launch and made a huge comeback despite the negativity. It is one of the best first-player shooters I have played this year and really built upon what the franchise has to offer. Despite some issues and poor level design I overall am extremely enjoying the game and I can't wait for the campaign to release.

Jeuxvideo - 8.5/10
Borrowing a lot from Halo 3 and a little from Halo 5, it delivers exhilarating, very effective gameplay, able to bring together pros and those new to the series.

TheSixthAxis - 8/10
Halo Infinite's multiplayer is a fantastic showcase of just how brilliant Halo can be, its fundamental gameplay and the mix of small and larger-scale modes a joy to play. It's just a shame that so much of that is being clouded by the dismal battle pass, paid cosmetics and unsatisfying progression. Halo Infinite multiplayer is a must-play for shooter fans, but its monetisation needs to change if it's going to survive in the long run.

Eurogamer - Recommended
Halo Infinite's multiplayer sees the series emerge from its decade-long existential crisis as something radically familiar. It is the best multiplayer shooter you can play right now

FF8g2dkVgAAmLDB

Last edited:

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021
is it a whimper or a bang? i need to know, chief!

92 meta here we come. write it down folk.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting on reviews before picking up the campaign. 343 fooled me twice already with 4 and 5's campaigns.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The MP already having reviews is skewing this so hard lol. No idea what it'll land on now.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I think it's going to be one big turnaround where people had low expectations because of last years bad reveal campaign and turns out to be very good and surprise.

Mar 8, 2018
Strangely feeling a low 80s MC, but a game that series fans end up loving more down the line. I just think that this style of open world is not something that critics will vibe with.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
all the campaign previews were so very, very positive...but maybe the lack of co-op and forge will keep it from getting the 90+ meta??

either way the review thread will turn into a shit show

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021
I wish review aggregate sites gave the option to filter the average score and reviews by whether the reviewer completed the campaign or not.

Predictions

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Era's Predictions:

MaBIHJJ.png

www.resetera.com

Halo Infinite Campaign Review Predictions Thread

Well here we are, less than a week away from the full release of Halo Infinite, after it's infamous Xbox Games Showcase 2020 showing and the year+ delay that ensued after that. It's been over 6 years since the last mainline Halo entry. Time to jump back in. This is a hard one to predict. My...

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I feel like Jeff Gerstman has been trying to contain himself from gushing about the campaign for the past few Bombcasts.

Definitely interesting to see how this goes.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
The world's structure and supposed lack of biome diversity might bring the score down.
84-86 would be my prediction.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I feel like Jeff Gerstman has been trying to contain himself from gushing about the campaign for the past few Bombcasts.

Definitely interesting to see how this goes.
OR RIP IT TO SHREDS!!! He might also be interested to see what other people say, since he's certainly not a Halo guy. I think it stood out that his impressions continue to be that Halo has changed to be something that's more amenable to the mainstream, which I know he and Grubb both wondered if it would turn off long time fans. Seems not to have, so far, so perhaps it's good signs. But, iono. Keeping the hype in check. A lot of these vague teases definitely could go either way, and we know there are some complaints that are inbound already.

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021
I'm curious to see if the multiplayer will bring down the overall score (because of progression complains) or if it will increase the score because the campaign is unfinished or isn't very good or whatever reason folks give for not liking it.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The world's structure and supposed lack of biome diversity might bring the score down.
84-86 would be my prediction.
Also if it doesn't have a lot of the scripted moments or memorable storytelling through linear bespoke levels. I don't know if it's the case like Far Cry where there are open world missions along with more linear missions with cutscenes and scripting.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Sticking with my 80-84 prediction. I do hope it's higher tho.

Fingers crossed for a 90.

a52.gif

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
Also if it doesn't have a lot of the scripted moments or memorable storytelling through linear bespoke levels. I don't know if it's the case like Far Cry where there are open world missions along with more linear missions with cutscenes and scripting.
as of now, the achievements infer
main missions. These missions are linear scrypted missions with cutscenes and scrypted events and encounters