Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The bolded are blowing my mind rn

Anyway time to take a trip to Canada this spring lol
Its insane

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Convention_on_Narcotic_Drugs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_on_Psychotropic_Substances

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite...in_Narcotic_Drugs_and_Psychotropic_Substances

(I need to brush up on my International Law but since the treaties aren't self-executing not sure if a state can be a party but not have national legislation that forbids it.)

Hassel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its hilarious that all the weed stores in my town (BC) are shutting down the day it become legal because, no one is allowed to sell pot not purchased from the bc government. No one in my town has a permit from the bc government yet to buy pot.

It got harder to buy pot in my town the day pot became legal.

LOL

Nov 30, 2017
Wasn't weed legal in some places before though? I'm a dirty southerner (american) but I always assumed legal weed was in Canada for years lol

No it was only decriminalized for a long time.

But we were still wasting resources going after dealers.

Now the govt saves money on wasting resources chasing dealers who get a slap on the wrist in court and make the money these dealers were making to put into social programs.

Hopefully more resources will be allocated into fighting gang violence getting tired of all these assassinations occurring in my town in front of theatres and grocery stores and people's houses. Only a matter of time before someone gets hit with a stray bullet.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
its hilarious that all the weed stores in my town (BC) are shutting down the day it become legal because, no one is allowed to sell pot not purchased from the bc government. No one in my town has a permit from the bc government yet to buy pot.

LOL

I feel like that's about to happen here (Sask) too. All the stores that were up and running have kind of gone quiet. I know I can still score, but I loaded up last week just in case the whole "demand will outweigh supply" thing actually somehow plays out. I'm covered for the next few weeks or so until things settle a bit.

Tenck

Oct 27, 2017
You guys should check out leafly if you want to see the effects and reviews of strains you want to buy.

Not in Canada myself, but I'll hit my oil pen in celebration for legalized weed in Canada :)

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I may partake from time to time but isn't it amazing to be an adult and I can make that choice?

Freedom, this is how it's done Americans

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you live in an apartment, prepare to get neighbors blazing at all hours of the night.

:/
I have seen lots of posts like this about the topic of legalization, and I respectfully wonder if you might not know how much people are smoking it all around you all the time already.

I may be wrong, but I don't see legalization really changing how much people smell it on the street or coming from balconies, etc. It's already a very mainstream Canadian activity. They just can't arrest for it now.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm curious about other areas affected e.g. driving under the influence. Do they have a test for how stoned you are similar to blood alcohol content breath testing? I'd hope you don't smoke a joint today and get done 4 days later when driving to work.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
I have seen lots of posts like this about the topic of legalization, and I respectfully wonder if you might not know how much people are smoking it all around you all the time already.

I may be wrong, but I don't see legalization really changing how much people smell it on the street or coming from balconies, etc. It's already a very mainstream Canadian activity. They just can't arrest for it now.

Yeah. Cannabis use has already been de-facto legal for some time already. Anyone that wanted to try it already has.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/legal-marijuana-st-johns-first-sales-1.4865855

legal-marijuana.jpg

In St.John, Newfoundland, first guy to buy cannabis legally in Canada

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to this very exclusive club Canada!

I don't believe so, but Canadians might now more.

There's actually an international treaty that forbids legalization. Uruguay was the first nation to legalize it fully, now canada. (I think its illegal in the netherlands technically too, it's like the US where provicines and localities have legalized it)

Edit: Looks like only legal to buy in a 9 US states, Canada and Uruguay though Uruguay doesn't sell to foreigners but the Canada and US states do.
Yup, there were some issues here after it was legalized because banks didn't want to deal with pharmacies and stores that sold it due to that. Also part of the reason why it's for locals only IIRC.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. Cannabis use has already been de-facto legal for some time already. Anyone that wanted to try it already has.
I saw an article musing that the elderly, who were grown up before marijuana went mainstream in the 60s/70s, might be more likely to try it since legality was a barrier. That makes sense.

Generally though, yeah... it's already everywhere.

Apr 24, 2018
My apartment building sent out notices today, and to my surprise im allowed to smoke in my unit. I already smoked in my unit anyways, but hey I don't have to be paranoid now.

No cultivation allowed effective date is March 2019. Time to grow 4 monster plants a few times before March hits!

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

LOL

It's been known it would happen for a while,
so I went on the weekend and a lot was on sale due to the fact. :P

Nov 1, 2017
Jealous, it'll be years before it's legal here, pretty awesome for you Canadians though to finally have it legalized, sounds like pricing is pretty damn good too

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
so is albertacannabis our version of Ocs.ca? don't really smoke anymore but curious to see what's offered.

Wonder if cannabis stocks will be up or down tomorrow...

they will spike temporarily and then drop like mad before slowly climbing back up and stabilizing. kind of like facebook stock.

wouldn't call it very mainstream, majority of people don't smoke but it's been super easy to order online for a few years now for those that do. So I agree i don't see it changing how much a neighborhood smells. Maybe short term while stoners go hard and people dabble but it will taper off. imo vaping has had a bigger impact when it showed up.

Last edited:

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
Lucky bastards... I will never get this in my state of Oklahoma unless the government legalizes it here...

Hoo-doo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
You guys should check out leafly if you want to see the effects and reviews of strains you want to buy.

Not in Canada myself, but I'll hit my oil pen in celebration for legalized weed in Canada :)

Seconding Leafly if you want to find the right strain for your needs. It's interesting and i'm actually surprised at the variety of highs available.

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just made my first purchase on OCS. Website is well designed qnd was surprised to find the selection that is there already. Ordered 3 grams of Kinky Kush and a few accessories.

They send u a confirmation email when your payment is confirmed and in it, say that they will send another email when the delivery is on its way. $5 flat shipping fee.

The cannabis was $7.50/g.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Just made my first purchase on OCS. Website is well designed qnd was surprised to find the selection that is there already. Ordered 3 grams of Kinky Kush and a few accessories.

They send u a confirmation email when your payment is confirmed and in it, say that they will send another email when the delivery is on its way. $5 flat shipping fee.

The cannabis was $7.50/g.

5 dollars shipping?
Had to pay 10 in alberta.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good for you Canadians! Go have some fun.

Meanwhile, it's still illegal here in Argentina, though I think it's been decriminalized or something. People still manage to score, of course, but I wish it was easier and legal.