Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://x.com/monsterhunter/status/1767212724902125774?s=20

Monster%2Bhunter%2B1.gif

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Man what a epic serie. First one I played was Tri, but made sure to revisit some of the previous one.

3 Ultimate and 4 Ultimate are still my favorites, with Rise close.

Seik

Jan 5, 2023
Québec City
Monster Hunter was mindblowing to me when it came out. So many memories playing the series on PS2, PSP and 3DS.

My mom wouldn't allow me to play MMOs (with subs) back then because she was hellbent not putting her CC number online. So this was nice sort of kind of placebo for me lol!

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I'm late to the party but I love this series! World and Rise are both amazing, can't wait for later this year when Wilds marketing campaign launches and we can start complaining about console framerates endlessly while ignoring everything else about the game!

Oct 25, 2017
The first PS2 game was definitely the first time I played, but 3 Ultimate on 3DS got me hooked and I became a fan ever since.

Not sure why the ones in between didn't work for me.

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
Ever since World MH has pretty much become my favourite franchise and Wilds is up there as one of my most anticipated games of all time.

Thanks for the hunts Capcom ❤️

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My first game was Tri. Loved it so much I got a PSP to play Freedom Unite. I have played every mainline game back since then.

Coincidentally, I just copied over my FU and Portable 3rd saves on a newly bought Vita. Very surreal to finally play those games with dual analog sticks.

The first PS2 game was definitely the first time I played, but 3 Ultimate on 3DS got me hooked and I became a fan ever since.

Not sure why the ones in between didn't work for me.
Honestly, the range and impact of the QOL features that gen 3 introduced can't be overstated. Something as seemingly benign as having a context-sensitive harvesting action without pulling out that specific tool cut literal hours out of the process of farming in any given game and is simply a standard feature to this day.

Been with the series since the original M-rated PlayStation Underground network test disc convinced me that I wasn't throwing my head into a wall after taking down my very first Yian Kut-ku, and I don't think that love will ever waver.

Crooked Eye

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 26, 2017
My favourite franchise after playing and loving MHW and MHR. One of my gaming regrets it's that I didn't get into the series sooner. Come on Capcom where are my remasters.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Amazing series. So glad for its success. Can't wait to see more of Wilds this summer!!!

Joeschmo

Jul 11, 2018
I started on the PSP and spent most of my life trying to (and failing to) get people to play Monster Hunter. At least we got there eventually.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I also got in at Tri and I've been a fan since. Few series have held my interest as consistently as Monhun.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
A person in high school I hung around loved Monster Hunter and constantly tried to get me into it. It worked. Portable 3rd was my first.

Happy 20th. Really looking forward to Wilds!

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
My first experience with Monster Hunter was with Freedom Unite on the PSP, playing a demo that only just left me confused on how in the world I'm supposed to play. It wasn't until I badly needed a new Wii U game in the first-year drought that I tried 3 Ultimate's demo, and it actually ended up clicking with me better. I was still a clueless beginner on several things, but I understood it enough to keep playing until I hit a wall and then rethink how to overcome it. I didn't even reach High Rank, yet I put a lot of hours into it.

Then 4 Ultimate released, and that's where I fully clicked with the series. That was my near-daily game to go through from the moment it came out up until my last few days of high school. I used to do a quest or two before my first class would finally start. My knowledge wasn't expert-level, but I got into G-Rank, so that accounted for something. I've been into the whole series since then, Stories series included.

All this started from there being no other Wii U games to play in the first few months of launch. Funny.