• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
rob_joe_pesci_ringer.0.jpg

Who's your favorite Pesci?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
has he ever done a scene with devito?

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched Goodfellas last night, he is a damn legend really.

I still think his most impressive performance is in Home Alone, simply due to the fact he can string together a minute-long litany of cursing that has no actual profanity in it. How he never let an actual "fuck" or "shit" slip in there, especially after his career, is a great wonder. Half kidding about it being his best but I've always marveled at that.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
Happy birthday! Wish he had got an Oscar for The Irishman.... what a performance.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
There's a stretch when he made Goodfellas and My Cousin Vinny and the Home Alone movies where he was America's greatest living actor. Guy could play any role and elevated every movie he was in. Happy Birthday to a national treasure.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
i love him in bayonetta

real answer is tommy devito in goodfellas

Sep 18, 2023
Real fuckin' legend.

His post-"retirement" career is so odd and funny. After Lethal 4 in 1998 he does:
-Cameo in De Niro's second directorial effort The Good Shepherd, 2006
-Inexplicably leads Love Ranch with Helen Mirren, films 2008 but doesn't release for a couple years
-2015, does the english dub for a Russian 3D animated where he plays a mosquito
-Second true lead performance post-retirement in The Irishman in 2019
-Cameo role in the directorial debut of Jack Huston in 2023
-Aaannnd...somehow is convinced by Pete Davidson to star in his Peacock Original TV series Bupkis.

All of these make some sense to me except Bupkis. Like, outside of The Irishman dude won't do anything but low-effort roles and favors for friends for 25 years. But he'll stick his neck out for a Peacock Original dramedy. It baffles.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Real fuckin' legend.

His post-"retirement" career is so odd and funny. After Lethal 4 in 1998 he does:
-Inexplicably leads Love Ranch with Helen Mirren, films 2008 but doesn't release for a couple years
-Aaannnd...somehow is convinced by Pete Davidson to star in his Peacock Original TV series Bupkis.

All of these make some sense to me except Bupkis. Like, outside of The Irishman dude won't do anything but low-effort roles and favors for friends for 25 years. But he'll stick his neck out for a Peacock Original dramedy. It baffles.

Maybe he's looking to buy a new house

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
Is he a good guy? I know he's a goodfella but I just want to like him so much but fear that its gonna come out that he's as terrible as the characters he plays.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I haven't heard anything bad about him, but I'm not exactly paying the closest attention
He hosted SNL the week after Sinead O'Connor tore up the picture of the pope where he said she was lucky he wasn't the host that week because he would've smacked her and dragged her off the stage

RUFF BEEST

Jun 10, 2022
Toronto, ON
What I've never understood was why Joe agreed to this poster. I understand a character being diminutive -- but treating Joe Pesci himself like this? They made it look like he was some shrimpy guy butting in and scrawling his name in crayon onto the poster? So weird. It's like "ahahaha you know that Joe Pesci guy -- here he is again! He amuses us. Like a clown. 🤡"

s-l1200.webp

The dude had been in Raging Bull and Goodfellas by this point. WTF?

Anyway, happy birthday, Joe. One of the greatest character actors to ever do it. I'd put his filmography against anyone's.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
What I've never understood was why Joe agreed to this poster. I understand a character being diminutive -- but treating Joe Pesci himself like this? They made it look like he was some shrimpy guy butting in and scrawling his name in crayon onto the poster? So weird. It's like "ahahaha you know that Joe Pesci guy -- here he is again! He amuses us. Like a clown. 🤡"

s-l1200.webp

The dude had been in Raging Bull and Goodfellas by this point. WTF?
Seems pretty true to the character in the movie, the whole series is schlock. Remember the toilet scene lol?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKePn-57zAA

CoolAssGoat

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda weird seeing this forum of all places celebrating this guy considering his comments back then regarding Sinead O'Connor.

Kainazzo

Dec 13, 2017
At first I was wondering why nobody's mentioned The Death of Stalin, but once again it's because it starred Steve Buscemi looking like Joe Pesci. I've mixed those two actors up for years.

I've been telling people Joe Pesci was Khrushchev since that film came out and everyone seemed interested, wonder if anyone actually watched it.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
Real fuckin' legend.

I'm pretty sure the Pete Davidson show was because of Lorne Michaels. So, you could probably put that in "a favor for friend" category as well.