EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
Wired_2015E3-0006.jpg

Mini Bio
Kensuke Tanabe
(田邊 賢輔) was born January 26, 1963 in Ikeda, Osaka, Japan. After graduating from the Visual Concept Planning Department of Osaka University of Arts, he decided to enter the video game industry, and joined Nintendo in April 1986. Tanabe first worked for the Entertainment Analysis and Development Division, under GM Shigeru Miyamoto. This is where he directed platform games such as Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic and Super Mario Bros. 2 USA. He also worked as a level designer on Super Mario Bros. 3, Kirby's Dreamland 2, Stunt Race FX, and Kirby's Dream Course -- and even wrote scripts for The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. His career transitioned from game design to production when he initially joined an external production group at EAD where he produced Metroid Prime for the GameCube. This group would be merged into the Software Planning & Development Division in 2002, where Tanabe lead the production of several franchises such as Metroid Prime, Paper Mario, Chibi Robo, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, and others.

The 54 year old Tanabe is hopefully enjoying some leftover birthday cake while actively producing Metroid Prime 4 and other undisclosed projects.

Oct 26, 2017
Has done some great work in the past, hopefully he hasn't lost his touch and can still deliver a great Prime 4 even with... Namco Bandai as his team.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Hope he has a great Birthday, the Prime Trilogy is my favorite trilogy of all time and Prime 1 and 2 are in my top 5! Thousand Year Door is up there too!

Here's to a great Prime 4 and hopefully a traditional Paper Mario!!

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Thanks for doing this OP!

As for Kensuke Tanabel, i hope your name will keep showing up and your amazing projects reaching our hands. Happy birthday!

Shinogu

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, hope his birthday yesterday was grand!

(I share a birthday with him, omg)