• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2019
That's exactly what it is. Black people deserve reparations regardless of whether or not they own a business or can do art. Our collective labor and suffering built this nation. If you can't even spare a fellow Black ERA member a fiver on the first federally recognized Juneteenth in light of that, that says more about you than it does the OP. šŸµ

Or I don't have the money? Between jobs and trying to move. Times are tights. But yeah, you're right about calling me out on that first part

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Or I don't have the money? Between jobs and trying to move. Times are tights. But yeah, you're right about calling me out on that first part
If you don't have the money, then you don't have the money. My implied judgement is only relevant insofar as you're financially capable.

But we know there are swathes of the Era population that are financially capable. They be defending $70 games like it's nothing.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
if anyone wants to help a black man living in America . . .

tenor.gif

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
I can't tell if people are actually serious about if strangers should be giving them money šŸ˜‚

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Shit, I don't even need it to be cash. Any of you kind white folks wanna do some yard work around my house?

reverse-slavery-whites.jpg

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
I know that's right! I WANT MY MONEY NOW!

I take PayPal, Zelle, BTC, LTC, DOGE, Prepaid Visa or MasterCard, PSN, etc.

Last edited:

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
This is quickly making me realize I've never actually bothered getting in on any sort of online payment thing since paypalā€¦ I need to catch up with the times.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be willing to send money, but I'd rather not have to message everyone here to get their info. Can't people post their accounts?

BTW, for those who are surprised by this thread, these are pretty common on Twitter.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Imagine how this country would be different if Johnson hadn't overturned the "40 acres and a mule". Thousands of black families would have generational wealth in the form of land. Perhaps the feds wouldn't have excluded minorities from the white picket fence communities they built after World War 2. So many what ifs...

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Imagine how this country would be different if Johnson hadn't overturned the "40 acres and a mule". Thousands of black families would have generational wealth in the form of land. Perhaps the feds wouldn't have excluded minorities from the white picket fence communities they built after World War 2. So many what ifs...
Realistically, I feel like most of that probably would have been burned/stolen/"reclaimed" by local white forces throughout the first years of it happening, but it does make for an interesting thought exercise. Just imagine how different things could be by this point in timeā€¦

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Lincoln never getting assassinated is a rather interesting "what-if" scenario to think about.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
I would, friend, but I don't have much money at the moment.

Sadly, I don't know if it would have turned out well. I don't see white folks just letting Black folks be happy and generate wealth like that. I'd imagine it would be like how white people got the land for the King Ranch.

Oct 27, 2017
I paid for a black family's gas when he only asked for 2 and change on his pump. I encourage everyone to do the same for anyone in that situation tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.