• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hardest Boss for You?

• Malenia

Votes: 983 76.6%
  • Elden Beast / Radagon

Votes: 145 11.3%
  • Radahn

Votes: 40 3.1%
  • Shardbearer Mohg

Votes: 26 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 64 5.0%
  • Maliketh

Votes: 25 1.9%

• Total voters

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
putrid tree spirit in war-dead catacombs
cruicible knight duo in the auriza hero's grave
alecto the black knife in that evergaol

deadlygantz

Oct 15, 2019
Maliketh. Although with half health, the beast was too quick for me. Radagon The Golden ofcourse. Malenia and Radhan weren't difficult for me as I was quite levelled and geared for them. Used Bleed Builds to nuke them. By then, my mimic tear was also max so not much of a problem.

onibirdo

Dec 9, 2020
Maliketh as I just could not process his movement speed.
Elden Beast was just plain annoying.
Never bothered with Malenia or Mohg as I was sick of the game by then.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Malenia was the only boss that took me more than 3 tries. But she took like 100..

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I no hit Malenia with ROB and my mimic on the first attempt.

Hardest boss for me hands down was probably Godskin Apostle or Godskin Spirit Duo. Arguably two of the most frustrating times I've had in the game at various stages of my play through. Godskin Duo was a walk in the park though.

Another boss I defeated just because of pure luck and stubbornness was Elden Beast. Pre patch he would fly away like an asshole and he is weak to nothing, so imagine me as a ROB player trying to make up all that ground. That was hard.

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
On my first playthrough as a melee-focused build, Elden Beast took me more tries than anything else, but on my second playthrough as a sorcerer I did it on my first it first try spamming rock sling so idk

Godskin Duo was the only boss I summoned a human for (spirits weren't cutting it), so maybe that

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
I complained a lot about Radahn when the game came out, but in truth he was only difficult if you got to him too early, which I suspect most people did. Once you overlevel even just slightly, Radahn becomes a pushover.

Malenia is the only I couldn't be arsed to beat.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
It is Malenia, solely because of Waterfowl Dance. It controls the whole fight, not just when she does it, but also everything in anticipation of that move. As for Radahn, I don't even think he needed to be nerfed, he was not that difficult.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting question. I wonder if Malenia has a chance of winning this poll.

But seriously did they not nerf that bleeding katana? I forgot what it was called but it was too op after the latest patch before i stopped playing.

ioriyagami

Oct 28, 2017
I beat Malenia in my second try. Took me 30 seconds max. The combination of Azur comet while the boss is busy with my Mimic Tear ashes is just too OP. But the Elden Beast was a different err... beast altogether and took me a lot of tries to beat. So that's no doubt my choice of hardest boss

Nucarn

Jan 15, 2020
Belgium
Malenia is easily the most challenging one, as pointed out by many already.

Since I think that Radahn is meant to be a gimmick fight with the whole summon thing I never found him unfair even before pre-nerf.

Maybe it was just me in how I first tackled the game but I found the draconic tree sentinel at the entrance of leyndell capital to be a huge wall. Second stage it was easily one shooting me with a pretty difficult to dodge attack.

The duo crucible knight was also a challenge but then I grabbed the mimic summon and it became more tolerable.

Elden beast did leave me a sour taste as a final boss, specially with how enjoyable fighting radagon is. One of the few bosses with a complete different approach on how to avoid a deadly tracking attack. Even with that out of the way, the whole running away just dragged on too much for what should be a glorified victory lap.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Interestingly enough, I don't think she would be such a difficult boss in Sekiro, it's just that your tools are very different here lol

Right. There's this prevailing logic elsewhere that if someone complains about bosses, or certain enemies in this game feeling like they were transplanted from another game, then that person doesn't know what they are talking about and simply needs to...you know what. The aggression factor on many of the elite types in this game is just over the top at times, and while they can certainly be overcome, don't feel like they were particularly balanced well for this game.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Right. There's this prevailing logic elsewhere that if someone complains about bosses, or certain enemies in this game feeling like they were transplanted from another game, then that person doesn't know what they are talking about and simply needs to...you know what. The aggression factor on many of the elite types in this game is just over the top at time, and while they can certainly be overcome, don't feel like they were particularly balanced for this game.
I agree very much!

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
Malenia is the only boss I cant beat without going for some known build like frost/bleed + mimictear

I was able to kill everything on my own but Malenia demands my mimic tear

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Malenia is the only boss that forced me to respec, change my equipment and develop a new approach to the fight. OG Radhan also kicked my ass but my stubbornness eventually prevailed

Teddie28

Nov 2, 2017
Malenia is the toughest, but the crucible knight at the evergaol was easily 2nd toughest for me.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I didnt even make it to malenia because the areas before her made me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon - final bosses weren't difficult at all imo.

I've watched vids of that fight and it certainly looks harder! Not sure I'll ever bother to go and do it though

Oct 27, 2017
I didnt even make it to malenia because the areas before her made me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon - final bosses were difficult at all imo.

I've watched vids of that fight and it certainly looks harder! Not sure I'll ever bother to go and do it though

Apparently it's nails because it's meant to be tackled after the main story is done.

I hated the bit on the tree and section after it equally.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
When I read what most people were doing to beat Malenia (ROB, respec, etc etc) I noped out of that boss battle. It just didnt feel a balanced fight if you ask me. Will try her again on NG+ lol

That being said, I think Maliketh took me too many tries. The crucible knight duo was also some bull lmao

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
Malenia, pre patch rahdahn.
One that gave me a bunch of trouble as a mage was elemer of the briar. Such a small area to try to get out mimic and then cast, by that time the sword was flying in your face.

Easiest by a long shot placudisax

Camrot

Oct 27, 2017
Most bosses can become easy with the right build, even Malenia. I knew Malenia was hard, but with bleed and Mimic it was over within a minute on my third try. It was one of the easiest bosses on my first playthrough!

I spent the most time on Radahn, which I felt was very random pre patch. When I finally beat him after 2-3 hours, it was just luck. I somehow was able to take down his health bar in phase 1.

But I think the final bosses are the hardest. They require the most skill, even with Mimic. And with all the running, the Elden Beast even tested my patience.

On my no summons playthrough, Malenia was the only one I gave up on.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now curious about pre-patch Rahdahn. I was overleveled when I got to him so it was a piece of cake. I was a bit bewildered since the forums and the game itself hyped up that battle

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
for some reason this is the hardest mother fucker for me: Fire Giant

I think it could be due to getting to him about 20 levels under level... his fire would just 1 shot me

20220226182859_1.jpg

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Malenia and Maliketh gave me around about the same amount of trouble. Getting to Maliketh was also a huge pain thanks to the Draconic Tree Sentinel. Hardest overall fight was probably keeping Milicent alive.

Amazing game. >200 hours and counting and I still love it.

Yesterday I was doing this...

where is this ? behind and down the cliff of death starved beast temple ?