Tiopes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been replaying Bloodborne and while I can beat most bosses easily, I still struggle a lot to those damn shark things with anchors in their hands:

OJf0NuT.jpg

Malboros from Final Fantasy series are also a pain in the ass everytime you find them. If you're not prepared with negative status protection, you'll endure 5 minutes of you characters confused, blind and enraged while slowly dying.

latest

Share your favorite or most hated hard normal enemies from games :D

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
In Final Fantasy X-2 there is a an enemy in Macalania Woods that I think hits you for half your HP. Total HP so it takes like two hits to kill you. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly. I want to say it was Amorphous Gel

And yeah Marlboros were annoying as hell

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still have not beaten the twin shark boys in Bloodborne. I want the rakuyo but that's legit the hardest room in the game.

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
Those three chubby golden winged guardians on top of the castle towards the end of Dark Souls 3. They gave me more trouble than any other enemy in the game.

Agree on the sharks from Bloodborne. They are brutal

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of those rare heartless added in the final mix version of KH games. Those shadow heartless in the final world of KH1 are also quite annoying.

latest

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do "bosses turning regular enemies" count? Because the old Doom games have the Cyberdemon, Spider Mastermind, etc. as actual bosses, but then there's levels where you legit fight them along with other monsters, effectively becoming regular enemies that, however, need crazy amounts of shots and can kill you with very minimal effort.

Otherwise, the later part of Far Cry 1 and Crysis 1 are good candidates. You're suddenly surrounded by one shotting ultraprecise snipers in the former, by powerful and invisible aliens in the latter. After powering through everything up until that point, you suddenly have to play it cool basically.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

Also two of the best designed enemies in any game.

These guys are great.
They're added in at the perfect point: once you've started getting comfortable with Grace and Glory, they throw this curve ball and laugh at your face.

Those 4 legged things in Tomb of the Giants in Dark Souls can go to hell though.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Anti-guy were pretty strong in paper mario
EDIT: Nevermind that, they're pretty much minibosses.

Last edited:

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Some of those rare heartless added in the final mix version of KH games. Those shadow heartless in the final world of KH1 are also quite annoying.

latest
The room where they spawn the Invisibles, the Angel Stars, and NeoShadows. On the hardest mode. This room really sucks.

Any enemy that has a invincible phase that lasts a few seconds too long irritates me.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
How exactly are we defining 'normal enemies' here? I ask because, for the most part, Marlboro tends to be only encountered in somewhat special circumstances in many FFs.

I'm inclined to say that if you count Marlboro, you would also count...

mGCNsMR.jpg

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Sharks in Bloodborne are up there definately.

Depending on the situation you are in (especially harder difficulties and if you are low on supplies) Hunters from Resident Evil games can be incredibly dangerous if you can't get them in control and fast.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
These guys are great.
They're added in at the perfect point: once you've started getting comfortable with Grace and Glory, they throw this curve ball and laugh at your face.

Those 4 legged things in Tomb of the Giants in Dark Souls can go to hell though.
They are like a very early introduction to infinite climax mode.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Oh god, I forgot about Wicked Masks from FFIV.
They can go to hell. I still haven't finished that game, because by the time I reach the final boss I've already been absolutely ruined by those things.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure they're only fought as minibosses.
Hmm i do wonder though, the one on the screenshot could be considered a miniboss but i think later if you fail a quiz 3 times you get to fight 3 of them (idk if its repeatable) considering the latter scenario could they count as a normal enemies in that case?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, talking about Doom in my other post, I can't believe I forgot to mention the Arch-Vile. Not only he's really fast and can throw you pretty damn far (even into lava pits and such), but he can also revive all previously killed enemies around him. Fail to deal with him in time and you'll be surrounded, with all the bullets/shield/health you used up in the previous battles becoming wasted resources.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These samurai demons from DMC: Devil my Cry.
They are harder than most bosses in the game.

Any mage in BG2 with the SCS mod.
Sure, why not start the fight with several protection spells before unleashing hell on my party.

Deleted member 24118

Oct 29, 2017
Hmm i do wonder though, the one on the screenshot could be considered a miniboss but i think later if you fail a quiz 3 times you get to fight 3 of them (idk if its repeatable) considering the latter scenario could they count as a normal enemies in that case?

I think they'd still be minibosses. You don't encounter them under normal circumstances.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The room where they spawn the Invisibles, the Angel Stars, and NeoShadows. On the hardest mode. This room really sucks.

Any enemy that has a invincible phase that lasts a few seconds too long irritates me.
Yup! So true.
It just gets insane really.
Back as a kid when i beat that i thought it was finally over, then a 4 phase final boss happened xD.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
FF8 Malboro

hqdefault.jpg

If you got this random battle and also saw "AMBUSHED!" on the screen

you legit just fucking died

Computer

Oct 31, 2017
Scotland
Seen thread title and thought Marlboro.

Then seen your OP lol

They always seem so OP for the area they are in, much stronger than every other enemy. Along with the poison effect because who tf uses poison-resist armour.