KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The article makes mention of Harley Quinn picking up steam after the move to HBOMax. Strike while the iron is hot, Max!

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Harley Quinn renewed for season 3 on HBO Max

Burried in an article about DC Universe rebranding.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

DC Universe Rebranding as Comics-Centric Platform

The streaming service will lean into its comic catalog ahead of a global expansion in mid-2021.

DC Universe will soon be rebranding as DC Universe Infinite, as it abandons its streaming shows to become a comics-only platform. As part of the news, HBO Max revealed it has renewed Kaley Cuoco's Harley Quinn for a third season and that it will be the home to DC Universe's streaming library of legacy content.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Harley Quinn renewed for season 3 on HBO Max

Burried in an article about DC Universe rebranding.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

DC Universe Rebranding as Comics-Centric Platform

The streaming service will lean into its comic catalog ahead of a global expansion in mid-2021.
0Q3WTV0sF36gvue5zb8Mhkg5zp-CJ5y4atISmK7E6806TfVREqHDpSgG9x0CtUdjwAxDUb4

HYPE

someday

Oct 25, 2017
Whoo hooo! This is what I've been waiting for. We started a re-watch this week just to help the numbers lol.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
This week´s Harley Quinn Black + White + Red issue 13 is based on the cartoon. A fun read, heavy on Bane and written by Patrick Schumacker so it´s likely canon.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
(HBO Max) will be the home to DC Universe's streaming library of legacy content.

To anyone following along better than I, is there any indication yet that the splintering of DC shows from the DC Universe app to HBO Max will coincide with them abandoning the practice of "vaulting" content? It would be really nice to have everything available, as there's really a lot missing as of now. They weren't doing that on the DC app, right?

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To anyone following along better than I, is there any indication yet that the splintering of DC shows from the DC Universe app to HBO Max will coincide with them abandoning the practice of "vaulting" content? It would be really nice to have everything available, as there's really a lot missing as of now. They weren't doing that on the DC app, right?
were they vaulting content previously?

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Watching this show now and honestly it is the best DC I have watched in YEARS. The comedy, writing but also the characters are all so good :) Really glad a 3rd season is coming

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
binged both seasons a few weeks ago. It's great. Started up Batman the animated series afterwards since I hadn't really seen a whole lot of them, just a smattering when it was on cable randomly and it was usually the same episodes.

I watched the episode Harley & Ivy and it is basically this show 30 years ago. It was fun seeing it after having seen what they did later on

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
were they vaulting content previously?
Yeah, some stuff that was there when HBO Max launched has been removed. Looks like Superman Returns also leaves this month on the 30th.

I'd like for everything to be available, especially on the TV show front, as there's a ton missing.
Very late to reply to this, but "vaulting" may be related to previous contracts that allow for certain properties to be renewed at various non-contiguous intervals for other streaming services.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Very late to reply to this, but "vaulting" may be related to previous contracts that allow for certain properties to be renewed at various non-contiguous intervals for other streaming services.

Late, but not too late. =)

I would be more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt on that if there hadn't been a huge disparity between what was available on the DC Universe app and HBO Max concurrently a while back. And there continues to be a lot missing and stuff still being taken down, so it's fair to say they are using a "vault" model.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
YESSSSSSS!!!

I thought they were already working on Season 3 :(
if they are recording lines they would've been working on it for a while. You do stuff like plot the story and do rough storyboards before recording lines (well the official lines. there is a good chance some of the writers/artists have been voicing the lines for a bit :P)