Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This is for people that were already thinking of running a business not for people that never wanted to in the first place and see a way out of loan repayment. This is to ease the burden. You should be serious about running a business not loan forgiveness as a priority.

If your statistic of majority of small business fail then when does this program matter?
Not for nothing but it's cute to think that people won't use this as a reason to start up the business they were thinking of, but weren't going to due to the risks of starting a small business + student loan debt. Your line of "Well you had it coming anyway," is cruel towards the people that are using this as a reason to push them over the line but have a business that falls through for a massive variety of reasons.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Screenshot_20190729-175253_Instagram.jpg

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Dont support shitty bank supported means testing initiatives. Its as hollow as her not medicare for all "medicare expansion" plan that like Biden's, is crafted only to halfheartedly placate a base of support that will then be abandoned shortly after. That's clear by how even its phase in plan is a goddamned decade. Far longer than her even being in the office of the presidency in the best case, and long enough so that it can be easily kneecapped before it ever is even fully implemented in the best case scenario, despite it being pretty shitty on the face of it to begin with.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Ok cool but when Sanders is offering student loan forgiveness to all why should anyone give a shit?

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
"Yesterday, I announced that, as president, I'll establish a universal welfare program for Super Bowl attendees who open a temple that operates for 17 months in red districts."

tumblr_m68sxxtL2E1qi7upa.gif

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

That's a timely propublica report. Students who don't qualify for aid are finding ways to get legal financial independence from their families in order to qualify for that aid.

Thing is, closing up that loophole might harm kids who do legitimately have financial independence because their family won't help them, especially lgbt kids.
This shit is so fucked.

Free college. Wipe away all debts.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

That's a timely propublica report. Students who don't qualify for aid are finding ways to get legal financial independence from their families in order to qualify for that aid.

Thing is, closing up that loophole might harm kids who do legitimately have financial independence because their family won't help them, especially lgbt kids.

This is why the argument universal programs aren't a good idea because they'll also benefit the wealthy are so laughable.

The wealthy already exploit these means test programs anyway! At least with an easy to access universal plan, disadvantaged people will be able to access it as well.

Cutebrute

Nov 8, 2017
Arkansas
I haven't had a chance to read Kamala's recent policy plans, but I know Pete Buttigieg has a similar proposal as part of his Douglas Plan. It's a little different, but there is student debt deferrals and forgiveness over a 5 year period if the person employs at least 3 people and the business is started within 5 years of the person completing college. There are also details of how the federal government would invest $10B and direct federal contract dollars to the businesses in these underserved communities. It was a very small piece of a largely promising plan (IMO) but this certainly won't inspire anyone and I hope the candidates don't try to lean on this idea any more than they already have.

Last edited:

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok cool but when Sanders is offering student loan forgiveness to all why should anyone give a shit?
You don't understand! His pie in the sky plans will never pass through a Republican senate! This watered down plan that benefits no one will definitely not face any opposition or upheaval from them though. Promise.

Deleted member 36543

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 20, 2017
What a weak ass plan. Bernie has the best student loan forgiveness plan, as in, forigiving all student loan debt. If you have student loans and aren't supporting him, you're nuts.
I have student loan and I'm Yang all the way. 1000 a month can help more people. Not just people who went to college like myself.

Ars Arcanum

alt account
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
Can the media let yang speak so more ppl can be exposed to him and actually give him a fighting chance. The media loves the airheads.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
lmao, in singapore, you dont even pay debt on tuition grant for foreigners. Just "Work" in singapore for 3 years, and your tuition grant is wiped clean.
How many business students graduate and start a business? Creating a successful business, in a disadvantaged area, and lasts 3 years?? you might get 3 receipients out of 100.....

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm stsrting to think that perhaps the Democrats may want to avoid nominating a candidate with a propensity for scoring unpressured own goals.