• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
"They restrained him — including with a knee on his back — and he immediately told officers he couldn't breathe"

www.cbsnews.com

Black man's death in police custody probed after release of bodycam video showing him handcuffed, facedown on bar floor

A Black man in Ohio, Frank Tyson, seen handcuffed and facedown on a bar floor in the video, died in police custody. Officers involved have been placed on paid administrative leave.

Another victim of police brutality

Fucking murder

Police finish handcuffing Tyson, who again tells them that he "can't breathe," while lying face-down on the floor.

"You're fine. Shut the fuck up," one officer can be heard saying in response.

Tyson appears to become unresponsive.

Roughly six minutes pass before an officer checks to see if he has a pulse, per the video.

Police officers eventually begin CPR, and continue doing compressions until medics arrive some 10 minutes later. Tyson was pronounced dead at 9:18.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
For non Ohioans, this is in Canton which is right next to Akron, where Jayland Walker was murdered by police in 2022 as he ran away and they mag dumped into him. It's about a 20 minute drive from Akron and the area is sometimes called the Akron/Canton area.

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
The phrase "died in police custody" is as bullshit as "officer related shooting". "Killed" is the word that should be used.

SteamyPunk

Oct 26, 2017
There's a law called Felony Murder where if you are commiting a felony and cause a death, even if it is a complete accident, it is treated as first degree murder. There should be a similar law if a person says "I can't breath" to a cop and ends up dying. It should go straight to first degree murder.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
There's a law called Felony Murder where if you are commiting a felony and cause a death, even if it is a complete accident, it is treated as first degree murder. There should be a similar law if a person says "I can't breath" to a cop and ends up dying. It should go straight to first degree murder.
Asking this country to criminalize cops to any reasonable degree is fundamentally missing the point of why the police exist in the first place.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Just even starting to read it it reads as if you rolled up like at least 2 other instances of well known police brutality that resulted in a death. It's not they don't learn from their mistakes, they just don't care.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know why I watched that, it makes me incredibly angry at these pig fucks.
If they did that to someone I loved I don't know if I could live with it and would probably do something stupid.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico

He died while committing the felony. Cops are more likely to charge him with his own murder and try his corpse than themselves.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Expecting? Yes maybe missing the point.

Asking? No. You can always ask. You should never stop asking.
I don't think this is something we should be politely asking for to stop. The way police currently exist is a fundamentally oppressive force that we should be actively fighting against.