• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Even if it wasn't for Rowling's terfiness - is any "Harry Potter extended universe" media kinda mediocre to shit?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Of course they are. But I find it hard to care with Rowling.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No brainer for WB. Disney has Star Wars and Marvel, Amazon has LotR. All the big players need to flex their mega-IP to compete with Netflix.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Time for Young Snape TV series where Jock Potter beats up dweeby Severus as he pinned for Potter's main squeeze.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean why they didnt already do this in the first place is mindboggling. Could have launched the service with a HP show but of course it's WB/ATT so stupidity is to be expected.

Anwway, looking forward to it. :)

Wabba

Apr 12, 2018
Going to be interesting as a series. Cant wait to see this and Lord of the Rings. Great news.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure this'll do well for them, but... yeah, not gonna watch it. Fuck Rowling.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather have new stories. Maybe even new genres in that universe. Imagine, Ted Lasso but with magic.

That would be really cool. Especially since we have the game which takes place way before. Throw a new set of students in a different era. Flesh it all out. Did you enjoy Ted Lasso? It was really good! Everyone should watch Ted Lasso.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought that a TV series would have been a great way to adapt all the novels, since a lot of them are fairly episodic in nature.

I suspect that this will be an original project though......hopefully at one of the American Wizarding schools.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
It seems like there's a ton of high end stuff 'in the works' for HBO Max. Batman, Green Lantern, a Dune spin-off, and now this but none of it is actually getting made. Disney, Netflix, and Amazon all have competing projects that are filming right now, or are being edited. By the time this stuff comes out, if it ever does, how much will people even care?

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Funny thing is I've been thinking this is the right move for years, the movies are too action-packed and I'd have loved to see the school life explored in a less rushed fashion. But even if other writers will write this I have to admit I've lost any attachment to the property with JK acting an idiot.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it wasn't for Rowling's terfiness - is any "Harry Potter extended universe" media kinda mediocre to shit?

Pretty much my thoughts. Like everything they've done after the original series has been... Not great.

Why would I expect this to be any different?

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
This would have had me hyped beyond belief a couple years ago.... I'm honestly shocked at how quickly my interest in HP has died.

It was my favourite series growing up, but it just feels so disingenuous now. The books were about love overcoming hate ffs... sure does ring hollow now

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I'd bet cash money it's more than one.

At least two or three with 'AAA' production values.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
If this turns out to be good I might possibly give it a watch if I can do it in such a way that J.K. Rowling doesn't earn a single penny as a result. Because fuck J.K. Rowling forever.