Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

gonintendo.com

Natsume Debuts Harvest Moon: One World Gameplay Trailer

First look at the franchise's return
Natsume Inc., a worldwide developer and publisher of family-oriented video games, today debuted the first gameplay trailer for the next title in the Harvest Moon franchise, Harvest Moon: One World. Harvest Moon: One World will be launching on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in North & South America by Natsume Inc. on March 2, 2021.

Get a first look at the new animals (including some exotic additions!), the new bachelors and bachelorettes, the different lands and villages of the world, and your exciting Expando-Farm! - Harvest Moon: One World Trailer
"We are excited to finally reveal the first trailer for Harvest Moon: One World," said Hiro Maekawa, President and CEO of Natsume. "Harvest Moon: One World is the biggest Harvest Moon in history, with so much variety and new elements. We know players will love the exciting new experience it will bring!"
Natsume recently announced the Harvest Moon: One World Collector's Edition. The Harvest Moon: One World Collector's Edition includes a chicken plushie and a music diorama that features an original song, "Spring on the Beach" from the game. The diorama depicts a scene from the game with the male and female main characters and animals set to music. The characters are magnetized and interchangeable. The animals rotate while the music plays.
Pre-orders begin on January 5 at Limited Run Games: Switch Collector's Edition / PS4 Collector's Edition
About Harvest Moon: One World
A New Harvest Moon with Global Appeal! Take a trip around the world in the latest entry in the long-running Harvest Moon series! You'll ride camels across the deserts of Pastilla, venture deep into the snowy mountains of Salmiakki, and even visit a volcano near the cozy mountain town of Lebkuchen!
Can you imagine a world without cabbage, tomatoes, or even carrots? Believe it or not, that's the world you'll find yourself in at the beginning of Harvest Moon: One World, as the Harvest Goddess, the queen of crops herself, has vanished...
However, before the Harvest Goddess disappeared from this world, she imbued the tiny Harvest Wisps with the knowledge of various seeds, thus ensuring the various fruits and vegetables of the world would not be lost. Using the power given to these Harvest Wisps, you'll unlock various seeds as you progress through the game! But the Harvest Wisps can be tricky to find, as they all appear at different times and places. You'll need to use your noggin to make sure you seek out as many of them as you can!

Explore 5 unique and colorful areas: the sprawling grasslands of Calisson, the gorgeous beaches of Halo Halo, the searing desert heat of Pastilla, the cozy hills of Lebkuchen, and the snowy mountains of Salmiakki!
Play as a boy or a girl and woo one of 5 handsome bachelors and 5 beautiful bachelorettes, each with their own unique personality and backstory!
Raise and keep animals such as cows, sheep, goats, and even reindeer!
Use your Expando-Farm to easily travel from one area to another!

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh... not really liking the way it looks. Thankfully there is story of seasons but.... I do miss seeing the name harvest moon on the title screen

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Oooph that looks...not good. Always get excited seeing the Harvest Moon name thinking back to the great older titles, then comes the disappointment.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Shameful that they keep releasing these trash games so close to SoS all the time.... tricking so many customers every time.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Confusion marketing at its finest. Could they at least get a real developer to make their knock off with the localised name they used for Story of Seasons?

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
gotta give credit when it's due, they've come pretty far from where they started

harvest-moon-loh_08-1f2jnk.jpg

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It looks like a 3DS Pokemon game.

Will it be playable on a PS5? I'm still fuzzy on some of the BC stuff with the PS5....

Every game is BC with PS5 except these ones

Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma Volume One
DWVR
Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
Joe's Diner
Just Deal With It!
Robinson: The Journey
Shadwen
TT Isle of Man — Ride on the Edge 2
We Sing

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
These seem like the cheapest cash grabs whenever a new one is announced. I think a bigger budget and importantly, ambition would do this shit good. Devs just don't care I guess.

Stardew Valley of course is always brought up.

(And yes I know this isn't the original Bokujo Monogatari).

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes the cut throat competition of cute farming sims

FUCK i just noticed i missed the sale on Friends of Mineral Town 😭

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Maybe in 3-4 more attempts Natsume will finally put out a zombie HM game that looks decent.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It might, but the Story of Seasons are already well positioned. I think Friends of Mineral Town did a lot on Switch.
i'm not saying they're successful at it, it's just that their best hope to get anyone to buy their games is someone looking for harvest moon games thinking it's the same series, and having a game on switch near when an actual title in the series is coming isn't the worst strategy.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to help them with their logos.

5 minutes in photoshop does not cut it, I'm sorry.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck them for trying to capitalize off of the naming confusion tbh.

Looks like trash, hope it sells like trash.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
It looks better than the summer trailer that got pulled but dear god why do all the HM/SOS games lately look so cheap
it's really hard to get invested in them since they all look like flat, mobile games with none of the gorgeous charm of the GBC-GBA/Console games, and the fact they really hurt Mineral Town's remake by making it look like that sours me to no end. :|

It's odd that the first game I'm excited for in this long chain of the series is Rune Factory 5 as what I've seen makes it look leaps and bounds better than this and most SOS as of late but Olive town is at least stepping in the right direction, albeit baby steps. Ironically enough if Natsume just ported HM64/the GBC trio to modern consoles in a collection I think that would be received both commercially and critically better than anything they could contract out to a developer at this rate, tbh. They have the name, might as well use it for rereleases.

Or just make a new game pixel art based. Natsume, you literally know that pixel art does well, you can 1-up Marvelous on that front, stop this bad artstyle

The Waistcoat

Nov 8, 2017
How do they keep getting harvest moon games wrong? I remember playing one years ago on the snes (i think it was the snes) and I still haven't played a better one since then.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
It looks like a 3DS Pokemon game.
Pokemon's enviroment art direction on Sun&Moon was leagues ahead of this.
And of Sword&Shield
iu
iu

iu

Edit: They seem to have a similar problem to Pokémon, though... for some reason I think there's always at least two harvest moon or story of seasons every year? SoS is doing fine, but maybe HM should take more time to do a bigger release, unless they're doing this simply because of it being profitable.

Last edited:

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
How do they keep getting harvest moon games wrong? I remember playing one years ago on the snes (i think it was the snes) and I still haven't played a better one since then.

IMO, the GBA games are where the series peaked before going down a sharp decline. They ditched the gorgeous sprite art/3D look from the PS2 games in favor of something more colorful and generic with gimmicks added and it just gets worse and worse with each game. The DS games in particular were really ugly and the 3DS ones weren't much better. Rune Factory always was a good looker though, even on DS.

When they split (due to the IP owner deciding to localize it themselves, even if they can be slower bringing them out as a result) and we had two farming sim series to deal with (HM and SOS) somehow BOTH of them still went the "let's look as bland as possible" route with Marvelous finally getting a footing on improving that with Doraemon Story of Seasons and Olive Town. Natsume's series just looks and feels generic and even folks who buy them not minding the artstyle don't find much to do in them because the magic is pretty much gone. It's pretty sad since there are indies and devs who could do equally good farming sims to SOS and thus we'd have two great franchises, but Natsume never seems to do much besides make these for a quick buck

The Waistcoat

Nov 8, 2017
IMO, the GBA games are where the series peaked before going down a sharp decline. They ditched the gorgeous sprite art/3D look from the PS2 games in favor of something more colorful and generic with gimmicks added and it just gets worse and worse with each game. The DS games in particular were really ugly and the 3DS ones weren't much better. Rune Factory always was a good looker though, even on DS.

When they split (due to the IP owner deciding to localize it themselves, even if they can be slower bringing them out as a result) and we had two farming sim series to deal with (HM and SOS) somehow BOTH of them still went the "let's look as bland as possible" route with Marvelous finally getting a footing on improving that with Doraemon Story of Seasons and Olive Town. Natsume's series just looks and feels generic and even folks who buy them not minding the artstyle don't find much to do in them because the magic is pretty much gone. It's pretty sad since there are indies and devs who could do equally good farming sims to SOS and thus we'd have two great franchises, but Natsume never seems to do much besides make these for a quick buck

What would you say the best GBA game was? I might check it out of it gives me the same feels as the one I played when I was younger.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the one made by the usurpers, right? Natsume now makes Story Of Seasons?
natsume never made the old harverst moon games. marvelous developed the games and published the games in japan, natsume just handled publishing outside of japan. they however, owned the trademark for "harvest moon". at some point, marvelous decided to stop working with natsume and instead have xseed (their subsidiary) handle localization and publishing in the west. but since they didn't own the harvest moon name, they had to pick a new name and went with story of seasons. meanwhile natsume has been using the harvest moon name and releasing low-quality games and kinda pretending they're continuing the old series.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
What would you say the best GBA game was? I might check it out of it gives me the same feels as the one I played when I was younger.

Well there are only two GBA games and it depends: Are you a boy and/or want to play as the Male MC? then go with Friends of Mineral Town. Are you a girl and/or want to play as the Female MC and see some quality of life tweaks? Go with More Friends of Mineral Town. Yeah, it's a silly version split but both are great games and are on Wii U VC. The GBC games combined the JP boy/girl versions into one game so if you have a 3DS in North America, I strongly recommend Harvest Moon 3 GBC, that's easily my favorite. Europe only has up to GBC 2 because Nintendo rejected GBC 3 due to 3DS VC ending.

And of course, BTN is on PSN for PSP/Vita/PS3, HM64 is on Wii U, and HM SNES is on Wii U and will probably no doubt be on Switch someday...

Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
natsume never made the old harverst moon games. marvelous developed the games and published the games in japan, natsume just handled publishing outside of japan. they however, owned the trademark for "harvest moon". at some point, marvelous decided to stop working with natsume and instead have xseed (their subsidiary) handle localization and publishing in the west. but since they didn't own the harvest moon name, they had to pick a new name and went with story of seasons. meanwhile natsume has been using the harvest moon name and releasing low-quality games and kinda pretending they're continuing the old series.

Ah yes, thank you. I got Marvelous and Natsume mixed up.