• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
I think the concept of trophies is better than an achievement score because your platinum trophy never goes away even when DLC is added, whereas an achievement score can fluctuate above 1000 when content is added later, making the incentive more trivial to me.

Either way, I only go for platinum trophies if I really enjoy the game and the tasks asked of you aren't completely ridiculous.

mudron

Feb 13, 2020
Nope.

If anything, switching focus from one platform to another across the last 3 generations has taught me to completely ignore cheevos & trophies altogether (aside from checking what it is that I just accidentally did to earn an achievement pop-up).

Oct 27, 2017
The 360/PS3 era I was all about cheevos and trophies, but something clicked off for me and I couldn't care less about either now.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Trophies agitate my OCD unless I get 100% so effectively they are meaningless to me for a platinum. So the achievements just work better. Also gamer score to me is a better way to measure what I've done at a basic level. Every little bit helps.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Trophies agitate my OCD unless I get 100% so effectively they are meaningless to me for a platinum. So the achievements just work better. Also gamer score to me is a better way to measure what I've done at a basic level. Every little bit helps.
I am confused...how is gamer score a better measure over trophies when they both offer up arbitrary numbers?

Cali32

Oct 11, 2020
The Trophy system seems to be more addictive (at least to me) than Achievements and I'm not sure how should I feel about that.