Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
www.ign.com

Hatsune Miku is Coming to Magic: The Gathering - IGN

Wizards of the Coast has announced the next Secret Lair collaboration for Magic: The Gathering, and it features android superstar Hatsune Miku.

miku-slideshow-cover-1714422338732.jpg

The crossover will be rolled out throughout the rest of 2024, with four different Secret Lair drops themed around the seasons in which they become available.

The Queen continues her foray into crossing over into anything not called Fortnite lol.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Some of the art for these is great and some others are... not as great. Might pick up some of these, but damn, 4 separate releases.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They crossing some serious streams

Somebody might die, or breach dimensional borders

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I will be buying this, all 4 of them, but I sure wish the first one was more inspired. Card quality, value, overall art, theming isn't really there imo, kinda weak for a secret lair.

Hoping the winter one is good though, I love snow miku

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'll buy these all because I'm a sucker.

Crypton has been pretty clear they don't want Miku shooting guns.

It's weird that's where they draw the line. Since they don't want to allow her music in the game either due to that.

Since there's technically guns and stuff in Magic but I guess the card aspect removes the proximity enough for them.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It's weird that's where they draw the line. Since they don't want to allow her music in the game either due to that.

Since there's technically guns and stuff in Magic but I guess the card aspect removes the proximity enough for them.
Even weirder they were ok with her as a mech pilot in Shinkalion(and getting robbed by Jashin in Dropkick my devil)

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
Is Hatsune Mimi in Yakitori officially under licence from Crypton? She is credited as the same actress.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Looks really random and not well thought out. Like, the art for Inspiring Vantage is great, but it doesn't follow the red/white color scheme. Why not use a blue or blue/green land instead? Why is the art for Azusa so awful? What's the connection with Shelter? At least Harmonize makes sense. Meh.

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame the Pokemon TCG doesn't have crossovers like this.
I'm the opposite, it's a good thing Pokemon doesn't turn into another Smash up/Fortnite TCG monstrosity.

Hate what Mtg turn into and have completely drop off the game and doesn't even play commander nowaday, and that was my jam when I was in college.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, white/red is a weird choice.

Shelter's art is rough, lol.

Miku the Renowned's pose is off, would require upper legs to be too long.

Not all that fun or interesting to read. Oddly dull effects.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
hmm all the cards are on arena so i guess that platform might get these styles

I'm the opposite, it's a good thing Pokemon doesn't turn into another Smash up/Fortnite TCG monstrosity.

Hate what Mtg turn into and have completely drop off the game and doesn't even play commander nowaday, and that was my jam when I was in college.

considering the popularity of commander i imagine a lot of these crossover products are designed to target people who play it and push people towards it.

Last edited:

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
This is perfect for my kids? I force them to play with my old cards, i haven't bought cards in 13 years. And they are familiar with Miku, my daughter has some figures and we listen to the Miku + Anamanaguchi track.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
That would make the market implode. Since Nintendo is so protective of their IPs. Think of a Link Trainer Deck, or Rosalina… Yeah, that would sell millions.
There was the Mario/Luigi Pikachu set. Unfortunately their value has skyrocketed. For a long time people thought Link and Zelda would follow Mario/Luigi but that never happened unfortunately

Miku has a crossover with Pokemon. They could use those design for cards

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
I have a hope beyond all hope that for the fall set we get Miku art for Wilhelt the Rotcleaver. He's my Zombie commander of choice and I would kill for a Halloween Miku version.

This will sell out in minutes. Not looking forward to the website breaking trying to snag one.

I don't think this is a limited quantity set, it should be print on demand. WotC knows this set is printing money.

Yeah, white/red is a weird choice.

First of four seasonal sets, and red + white = pink, which is Sakura Miku.

it kind of makes sense. (lets pretend the green cards are grass or something IDK)

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
Barring exceptions like the charity Secret Lair for Sheldon Menery recently, WOTC changed them to be limited print runs.

So they did limited runs, then unlimited runs, then a mix of the two, and now it's back to all limited? (I've been buying SL singles for a while now so I haven't paid super close attention to the drops unless something I want for a deck is in it.)

Fuck I hate Hasbro and WotC so much.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this and was very confused. Interested, but if it's highly limited I lose a fair bit of that interest. These all look a bit off. It's still a crossover that makes me double-take and laugh from the absurdity, but between price and possible scarcity I won't be on top of it trying to get a set.

Now as mentioned by an earlier poster, Snow Miku theming… if that's highly limited and I miss it, I'll be a bit sad.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Damn, Miku is really in everything, after creating Minecraft she's been expanding like crazy.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Foil versions (both languages) sold out about 30-45 minutes ago, only non-foils are left

edit: all gone

Last edited:

StrontiumPawg

Jan 4, 2024
got an order in for the English nonfoil version of the first drop

looking forward to telling people "'I'll Miku Miku you for real~" as i swing for lethal