Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't done it yet (haven't been able to get around to it), but I'm seriously on the verge of doing it.

I'll miss access to some of those games, but eh... what what's been happening I don't know how I can keep supporting Microsoft.

Blue_Toad507

May 25, 2021
Cancelled it a while ago. Brought all the stuff off Game Pass that I want to play like the Yakuza series, and I don't really play Xbox consistently enough to justify subscribing to it.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
I'm still paid up until the end of the year from when I done the three year conversion thing, but it's not on auto-renew and I'll see how things are by the end of the year.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Does this qualify as a reaction thread?

There are so many threads about the Xbox situation, this feels unnecessary and tbh a bit preachy.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Tbh mine is ending soon and I see no reason to renew.
I buy most indie games and... The Xbox releases I care about, it's mostly Avowed... So I just don't care about GP anymore. I realized I don't have time to browse and play games from it anyway. During last 3 months I only played one game from GP.

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
Mine expired a few days ago, and I'll leave it like that. I've already got more than enough things to play and I wasn't taking advantage of it.

Last edited:

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Finishing up Persona 3 then out. Recent events have absolutely soured me on the brand.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
I did about a year ago. It was cool at first and got me to play some games I probably otherwise wouldn't - but I eventually started playing games on other systems and wasn't playing Xbox enough to justify the monthly price.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I may not renew as I'm gaming less, but no. Seems idiotic to go back to paying full price. The rewards pay for a large chunk of it anyways.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
No, but I've also had it for 6 years now and only spent $1 thanks to Bing Rewards so I'm not really fretting about it, still got until November next year before my sub runs out

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
yes, i still have about a year left but don't plan on coming back.
Found out pretty quickly that the way i play games doesn't suit a subscription "all you can eat" model

If their cloud service wasn't ass i'd think about it, but it's ridiculously bad imo

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I let it run out last year. Just realized I never really made use of it, and with the old deal going way it wasn't worth it my money anymore. Haven't turned on my XSX since building my PC anyways.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't cancel it, but I let it lapse some months ago. I signed for 3 years when I got a series x at launch. I used that loophole.

It was a good service, but it was never that much valuable to me because I was not a huge fan of MS games. I don't even have a series x anymore and migrated to PC.

The second and biggest problem was that I have a huge backlog and I'd rather play something that I'm interested and bought than what MS curates for me.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
No, it's still insane value for me. Currently playing Jedi Survivor, Hellblade II is next. I'm feasting.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I let it go after last summer. My Series S was bought as a game pass machine, but it's become a buy a 360 game on sale machine (currently Fallout 3).

kris_ffc

Jun 3, 2020
Had it for 4 years running up until November, but let it run out as I barely used it. Was finding myself just buying games on PS or Steam instead.

Oct 27, 2017
No and I'm not going to, it's giving me more joy in videos games after a few years where I just wasn't caring that much. There's so many little games I've gotten into because they dropped into gp.

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
I will after hellblade 2 not as a result of the studio closures but as a result of the library. Honestly find that ps extra has a superior library for what I want from a subscription service.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
Running till 2026 with the gold conversion trick but I won't renew. Same probably for ps plus extra which is stacked till 2025.

I have realized that Gaming buffets ain't for me, I'm a picky eater.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
No - it's still great value and works for me.

One of the key attractions for me is getting to try out a ton of games that would have otherwise flown past me - I can download something and play it for a bit, and if it doesn't quite do anything for me I can delete it after a few hours.

Last edited:

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Letting it expire in July. Not getting the best use out of the service as I don't play enough games to warrant a sub. I'll buy what I want to play.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I've always only subbed for a month at a time here and there to try some new releases out. It has been quite a long time since I've bothered even subbing for a month though I feel. It's just not at all good value for how i play games.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I WANT to subscribe, but the promise of a GamePass app on TVs (that aren't Samsung) never came to be. I just don't want to buy another console. I'd happily sub to GamePass if it works properly, but Microsoft doesn't seem confident in its tech yet.

Baobab

Feb 4, 2021
Yes, the games I loved on it were mostly MS smaller projects.
not worth it anymore for me, I still have time as it expires in february.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I bought a month of Ultimate last September. I'm sure it's a good deal, but I'd rather just buy games that I want when I want to play them.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I didn't cancel my PS+ sub when they basically shut down Japan Studio. I did after the massive price hikes, though, so we'll see what Microsoft and Xbox do next!

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine getting rid of my sub, at least while I can still buy like 3 years for $150 lol. I'm subbed through 2026 or something like that. I rarely replay games and even if I clear 1-2 game pass games in a year, it's already paid for itself.

If Xbox ever locks down the ability to use codes and I have to pay MSRP then yup, it's gone immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.