Votes: 170 66.1%
  • I have catfished someone else

Votes: 20 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelrain

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the Myspace angles got me a couple of times. Every time I'd just end it right in the beginning. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah several times, was only going to be flings though. You always know they're fake when you ask for proof they're real and they respond "I'm real"

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, a couple of times by the same person when I was much younger, like in my teens. I don't want to get into too much detail, but this person did some horrible things to me emotionally and I was too young/naive to see through the lies. Really fucked me up.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
No, haven't experienced it myself. But I know of a friend who does this on grindr to get dickpicks.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I had a woman warn me in the 11th hour before meeting that she was "kind of a big girl." Her pictures did not suggest that. Not sure if that counts but it still made for an awkward date.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dated a girl for about a year and a half. Very controlling and very jealous. I finally ended it and she did not take it well at all. A couple months later one of her friends that I always got along with and would even sympathize with me about the ex gave me a number of "someone she knew" that would be perfect for me.
We started texting and it was like we were long lost lovers. We had the same likes, interests, etc. Surprise, surprise it was my ex all along. I mostly felt bad that the girl that gave me the number lied about it.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dated a girl for about a year and a half. Very controlling and very jealous. I finally ended it and she did not take it well at all. A couple months later one of her friends that I always got along with and would even sympathize with me about the ex gave me a number of "someone she knew" that would be perfect for me.
We started texting and it was like we were long lost lovers. We had the same likes, interests, etc. Surprise, surprise it was my ex all along. I mostly felt bad that the girl that gave me the number lied about it.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yep, back in the early days of online dating.

Someone I met on Match.com.

I showed up to her house to pick her up. We were going to go to a club and I was picking her up at 8:30. Lie #1 - she still lived at home, her angry dad answered the door. Not a dealbreaker but she made herself out to be single successful and had her own money. Lie #2 - she comes out of her room and she wasn't ready - just a pet peeve of mine. If I'm picking up at 8:30, that means I'm ready to go at 8:30. She was still working on her hair and was in a bathrobe with green cream all over her face. I had to sit there until 9:15 waiting on her to finish while trying to have uncomfortable conversation with her dad and fighting off her weiner dog continuously trying to have sex with my right leg. Lie #3 - she was at least 50-100 lbs heavier than any picture she displayed publicly. Didn't look anything like what she portrayed herself to be.

When we were finally ready to go, I told her we needed to drive separate because I had something come up from work I had to be there early the next morning and was not going to stay out late. My lie #1. I told her I wasn't familiar with the area of the club and I would need to follow her in her car. My lie #2. I pretty much knew I was going to bail at that point so I waited for an opportunity. We came to a 4-way stop and she went straight through. I took a hard right and kept on going, never answered her calls or texts after that.

Pretty shitty way to solve a situation like this from your end.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah but it was super easy to see through because the person used pictures from a prominent male model's Instagram.

You can't honeydick me that easily, lol. I know how to google.

Tip for catfishing: Take pics of a hot friend who doesn't use social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.