• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 25, 2018
It honestly has been something I have been doing lately so I can get the things I like in stock. Where I live, once word of mouth spreads about something and is bought out, it can be a while until something comes back in stock. Downsides of being in a small town I guess.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tell us what these items are, we don't live near you and I need to know what you find so precious.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
lf it's more exotic than chicken nuggets nobody in my extended family will touch it

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds really selfish, but more to the point, it's likely that strangers will deplete stock way faster than friends and family you've told.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Thats weird as shit OP. I cant even remember the last time I discussed what I bought at a store with anyone.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I've never lived anywhere with a small enough population that my keeping quiet would have any appreciable effect.

But if I did?

Fuck everyone else. These Cheese Nibblums are mine.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I do the opposite, if anything. My brother used to love that Gardetto's pub mix, and to this day I tell him when I see it in a store since they never keep it for more than a week or two. I don't think he's bought it in like 8 years but he never tells me to not bother looking for it. And I have a handful of friends who watch for seasonal sodas like Baja Blast.

bbg_g

Jun 21, 2020
Nah this sound selfish as hell. Also if the product is out of stock more often, guess what chances are the store will do larger orders for more stock!

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
No but I refuse to tell anyone online when I see collector things I want in my small town because one of them fucks will drive 2 hours away for that Marvel Legend and look under the shelves for anything hidden.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
This is such a strange thing to do. I mean, unless you're buying all this stuff up yourself, what's the end goal to this? To allow a bunch of randos to buy up stock before your beloved friends and family members notice this stuff is available?

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017
No. I work in Inventory Management for a grocery chain. I'm not going to talk inventory in my free time

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I live in a small town too and it's mostly that there's zero selection at the store to begin with. Can't get decent bread to save my life and the nearest bakery is over an hour away (all highway miles too!).

The biggest thing for me that constantly runs out is just regular ass caffeine free Diet Coke.

Living in central Missouri fucking blows chunks.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
of course, when i'm happy the very last thing i want is for someone else to be happy as well

Aug 1, 2018
I know the struggle OP and there's a couple of things I enjoy that I don't tell anyone else about for that same reason. Shit's already hard enough for me to find consistently.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Were you one of those kids who would hide the action figure you wanted in the wrong section of the toy store until you could afford to buy it

when i was a kid i got in trouble at a comic store cuz i was hiding new issues i wanted in obscure back issue boxes cuz I could only pick out 3 or 4 comics a week, so the extra ones I wanted really bad had to wait another week or two. it took a long time for them to catch me

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe it's a small town, limited resources thing, but the OP's behavior seems weird and selfish af.