• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Yes, of course. Has anyone played Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 and not quit the campaign before the end because of having had their fill?

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
I felt burnt out on Souls games right before the final boss in DS3 at launch. Came back to only a week ago to finish it and maybe try the DLC in 2 and 3.

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
I enjoy going for plat trophies for most games but sometimes I do just get to the end and give a "I've seen enough. I'm satisfied".

Most recently Hades after my first escape I had most of my stuff upgraded and just didn't want to play anymore
I also remember getting to the end of the outer worlds and just didn't want to play anymore of it or do different builds

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Literally every game i've ever bought.

pretty much, adding games i didnt buy too (subs and free offers from egs and etcetera)
i drop games when i'm not having fun with them and i stick with them longer when i am. i don't make "beating" it a requirement for anything, if i enjoy something i replay or goof around it for as long as i want. if its something that is not entertaining me i just stop playing wherever i am. i try to test most new stuff that hits GP out of curiosity but if it doesnt get my attention i just go back to PoE or slay the spire again

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Often. Even with games I think are good or fine. It takes a really engaging game for me to finish it. Or a heinously unpleasant one that I expected I'd enjoy.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I probably stop playing at least half of my games before I "complete" them because a lot of games are 50 hours+ nowadays and if I am not invested or interested enough after 20 hours of my life, I'm not about to spend that amount of time again hoping it grabs me.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, only endless games I guess. Most games I go until credits roll. And sometimes even beyond that, with multiple playthroughs. I could imagine enjoying something so much and not giving the developers the chance to see all of their work. If I like something, I'm trusting the game until it ends.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
:D

That's usually why I stop playing most games I love. I do NG+s until I've had my fill, so I don't burn out.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
That's like 97% of the games for me. I don't care much about beating or completing stuff, I just play them while they are fun and exciting and just drop them the second I've had enough.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, with like 90% of the titles I play. I used to have the mentality that I had to beat the games in order to justify my purchase, not anymore. I only beat a game if I'm very into it until the end. Life is too short, too many games to play.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Plenty of games. After a couple of hours most games get mighty repetitive.
I'm not going to play a game that "opens up" or "gets' good" after 15 or more hours.

Oct 27, 2017
Hades.
At first I thought it was fun.
After playing the same thing over and over like fifty times I just said nope and stopped. Haven't been able to force myself back into that tedious game.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like an excuse people make when they have too many games to play and get distracted by other games they have so they quit playing to play something else

I only buy 1 game at a time and never feel this

MajorTom

Nov 5, 2017
England
Yeah this is me with probably 95% of the games I play these days.

I usually hit the 10 hour mark and call it quits.
I don't think it helps that every other game seems to be open world these days. I don't have a good enough attention span to finish games when everything seems to be a 40 hour open world game.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
I've had my fill of Dragon's Crown after bringing three characters to the infinite dungeon (ToM?).
Tried going back many times because "man, I miss Dragon's Crown", but nope, never lasts.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
Persona 5, must have sunk 90 hours into it when it came out - got right to the end, I think I had some mementos floors to clear or something to get to the end, my memory is fuzzy. But I never went back to it, despite having enjoyed my time with it.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5, must have sunk 90 hours into it when it came out - got right to the end, I think I had some mementos floors to clear or something to get to the end, my memory is fuzzy. But I never went back to it, despite having enjoyed my time with it.
Exact same for me. Never finished the Yacht.

Also Hades. Got a clear, did every weapon, moved on.

Maybe if it wasn't the same boss fights over and over.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Nioh and Nioh 2 come to mind.
Probably finished 50% - 70% of both of them.
Stopped because I felt like I got my money's worth and continuing would have been more annoying than fun. I just can't get the hang of the stance system and brute forcing my way through it in mid-stance exclusively felt like I was making it harder on myself than it needed to be.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I finished Celeste yesterday... got the platinum trophy, i.e. all the regular Strawberries, all A-Sides
all B-Sides, all C-Sides, all Tapes, all hearts

took me about 64 hours and around 15k deaths😂

I could go for the
golden strawberries
but I think I'm just done at this point.

Thecrunked

Oct 25, 2017
I got like 3/4's thru miles morales on ps5 and just lost interest. Swinging around is fun but I played spiderman on ps4 and had my fill back then, this game is barely any different. The story is predictable and I didn't find any of the characters interesting... At all. I was already disappointed with how little the new controller features were used, especially after fooling around with astrobot

Jul 26, 2018
I was miserably spending hours upon hours of my free time to Xenoblade Chronicles DE and just had to tell myself to take the L and quit the game like 30 hrs in.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
OG Deus Ex recently. The Game was good, i really liked even, but i quit during the Paris Mission.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Quite a lot really. Even if we don't include 100%ing and are just talking about stopping before a "normal" completion point.

I just have too many games to play these days, so if I feel like I've kind of had enough of the gameplay, or otherwise the game just hasn't gripped me and I don't see it managing to later, I will just move on to another.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
i'm getting to this point with RDR2. I'm like 50 hours in, and still not finished with the campaign. I've been playing it on and off since the summer, and I kinda have to force myself to play it just to power to the end and i'm not sure i can do it

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Yeah generally around 20 hours or so. I think I stopped playing three games at the 20 hour mark in December - Ys VIII, Valhalla, and Immortals. All fine games, just felt like I'd seen what they have to offer and didn't really want to play anymore.

8-10 hours is becoming the new 'sweet spot' for game length for me, which only ever seems to be indie games. I can do like a 20-25 hour AAA game but something has to be really good to hold my attention beyond that. I got the platinum in Ghost of Tsushima at over 50 hours but that was my game of the year.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
XCOM: Chimera Squad
Valkyria Chronicles
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Battletech (although I technically beat the launch campaign, there's way more story content for it)

Turn-based strategy/tactics is great, but you have to have a really good combat system with a lot of combat options in each unit to make it worth playing through to the end, and/or a really good story to carry you through to the end.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, happens every now and then. I did that to Skyrim. Just put it down one day and never went back because I decided I had had enough of it.

This is also the usual reason when I drop gacha games.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
From recent memory, Nioh.
Took me like 60hrs to complete the base game, no more energy to do the dlcs right now.
Getting killed by regular enemies in 1 or 2 hits doesn't help either.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
Monster Hunter World 800 hrs and still have weapons to get good at , monsters I haven't killed yet . Soooo much to do still. I just kinda stopped playing . It's an amazing game and in my top 3 of last gen but I just can't anymore ...until Rise comes out 😁😁😁

Ex Lion Tamer

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much me and 95% of stuff I play. I don't beat games often.

Same. I don't really play many games for their story though but instead for unique or interesting mechanics so once I've gotten my fill I don't see the need to "beat" the game. It may be a slight condemnation of the game though if it doesn't keep me interested until the end, but some games are just far too long.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Yah, sometimes you stop playing a game not out of dislike of it but simply because while you had fun you also had your fill, doesn't happen too often because generally if I'm enjoying a game I want to see it finished, but there's definitely a few out there that I dropped while still considering a good game.

Witcher 3 is the one that jumps to mind, felt like I got more than enough out of its open world loop by the time I hit Skellige, when one of the missions was like a footrace up a hill or something I felt "yep, I think that'll do me".

While I'm sure I'll finish, it (heck I might do it tihs weekend), Sackboy a Big Adventure is a really solid 3D platformer with some nice varied level design, but I've really stalled out right near the finishing line despite otherwise enjoying it.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Went through a 'I haven't finished a game in years' phase because when I'd had my fill, I stopped. Do it less now but totally still do to a degree.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
All the time.

I have no compulsion to complete or even finish a game if I've had enough. Doesn't even mean it's a bad game, but when I'm done I'm done.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't suggest powering through it. You have about ~45 hours left and it will grind you down as it did me.
I want to at least get to the point where I can experience Skells to see what they're like (particularly the flying ones). I've found it's a game I can't play for long stretches like I did with the other games. I'll do a bit of exploration, do a normal or affinity quest, and I gotta take a break. LOL

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
I don't know what you're talking about.

9fJjP1o.png

Nov 17, 2019
This is pretty much me and Skyrim. I get an itch to play a fantasy rpg like Skyrim, and since Skyrim is the only fantasy rpg like Skyrim, that's what I play. I mod the game and play it until I no longer have the drive to launch the game again. Usually I play a character until I get another build idea then start over again. Most of my characters don't make it past lvl 30.

Oct 27, 2017
I've played every Arkham game yet have only finished Asylum because I always end up stopping 9 hours in. I'm currently playing AC Valhalla and while I enjoy it, I kinda feel like I've had my fill after close to 70 hours. Especially since it seems like I'm only halfway through the story.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah every Animal Crossing every 2-3 years I usually feel tired of it. Like Wild World, didn't want to play CF much, then loved New Leaf. My guess is never having a Wii U AC and waiting 7 years for NH was a good thing as I was ready for a new AC. 2-3 years isn't enough of a gap for that IP IMO

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much me and 95% of stuff I play. I don't beat games often.

Ditto. I'll just hit some invisible point where I've had my fill and the motivation to continue playing just disappears. Could be 20% into a game or 90%. Could be 2 hours in or 40 hours in. At that point I just quit playing.

Barberetti

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yeah quite a lot. The last was Grim Dawn. Really enjoyed my time with it but at some point I was like "Yeah, I've had my fill". I have a feeling I was quite near the end as well. Same with Torchlight 2 actually.

finally

Jul 22, 2019
Yes Crash 4, 70 hours and I'm just too bored to go for completion for all the remaining stages.. too repetitive.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I didn't do the content in Octopath Traveler beyond each character's story despite really enjoying the game because I felt I had just enough of it at that point and didn't want to overdo it.