You got the $1200?

• Yes

Votes: 1,191 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 1,377 53.6%

• Total voters

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Here in Florida i started getting my 600$ a week as well as my unemployment a couple weeks ago.

The first 600$ was by check in the mail, but since then it's gone directly into my bank account.

I still have lots of friends here who aren't getting it though..

Oct 25, 2017
So ... Anyone have their stimulus check one day and then not have it the next. Saw mine yesterday. Purchases were made. Wake up to huge overdraft this morning. I get paid tomorrow so I think it's fine, maybe, but uh ... What the hell?

Shit is gone without a trace to. Not sure if I should call my bank or the IRS, but I know either is gonna be a chore so I rather get it right the first time.

Edit - Now it's back.

Last edited:

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
We got it yesterday. $730 combined filing jointly. This is a gut punch. Happening the same week I'm in between my Unemployment benefits ending and waiting for approval for an 11 week extension.

We are definitely not making above the limit where you are penalized.
Looking forward to Donnies letter explaining.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am assuming I just got mine. I had no indication yesterday. When I checked the irs site yesterday, it said " Payment Status Not Available". I woke up with a email indicating money was deposited into my bank account. Currently I am unable to log in the irs site to check my status.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Hurry up federal government, get the stimulus checks to people who have not yet received theirs and pass that $3T Heroes Act so we can get another round of money starting in (if not sooner) mid to late June/early July.

Jun 22, 2019
How long did it take people to get it via mail after they were given a designated date?
Site said mine was sent out on the 8th, yet it hasn't arrived yet.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up getting my check in the mail.

Now I have to find a way to get my unemployment benefits. Because I was supposed to get them over a month ago at this point and the only advice the website gives is to call the phone line but they don't pick up. Any advice?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US

Now I have to find a way to get my unemployment benefits. Because I was supposed to get them over a month ago at this point and the only advice the website gives is to call the phone line but they don't pick up. Any advice?
Here in California, before the pandemic, getting through to the EDD was always hard to do. They had limited hours and every time it was 'sorry we have more calls than we can handle, please try again later.' It's only gotten worse.

So what I did was literally find the process to get through the call tree as quick as possible (pressing buttons as soon as a message started, etc) and just spent over an hour trying to get through, which I finally did. 74 calls later I got in, got put on hold for another 44 minutes and got to a rep who was able to help un-stick some glitch that was hanging up my unemployment. She paid me out right then and there.

Not sure where you live but my advice - be persistent. Keep it your focus and don't give up if there's even the slightest chance getting them on the phone. Good luck.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston

Another thing would be to contact your state and local reps. Many (of the better ones) have constituent services and can put some grease on the gears when trying to navigate stuff like this.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Literally the next day after the deadline, the online system finally said they are mailing my check next week.

Kinda annoyed that they couldn't seem to get my information in their system for the DD. I'm wondering if people who filed in the last few months were just screwed because of that. But whatever, at least it says I'm getting my check.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Somewhat related.

Has anyone on unemployment not gotten their retroactive $600 yet? It's part of my weekly deposit now but I'm still waiting on 2-3 weeks of the extra $600. A friend of mine had retroactive amount deposited randomly about 10 days after she first started getting it in her check but I'm still waiting on mine.

I know this was a while ago now but I'm in Virginia, and every state seems to be doing this differently (which I don't understand since they all must comply with the same law, so I'm not sure why it's somehow different in any one state but fuck me) -- but I'm in a similar boat, but backwards! I got 6 weeks of back pay all at once, which they did in a weird way and I'm worried I've been overpaid but can't afford to sit around and fucking figure out if I am or not.

I should only be eligible for 600/wk. Just the PUA. I got denied in my state for regular UI -- which they told me I *MUST* do to get the PUA as an IC/self-employed. So I did. Then, right before the 600/wk started showing up, I randomly got approved for 158/wk unemployment, which I'm confused on why I'm suddenly eligible for. Then, I got the 6 weeks up to that point in back pay. (158+600)*6. They didn't withhold taxes even though I told them to but I'm setting 10% of every payment aside. Then, I didn't receive week 7 *at all*, only got 158 for week 8, and have not gotten week 9 at all either. If you call the unemployment commission, you literally get hung up on by the response system if you try to select an option to talk to someone, despite saying to stay on the line if you are okay with the long wait. The live chat on their website also bounces you when your spot in the queue comes up instead of connecting you to a person.

My mother also has Unemployment that I take care of filing for her, and they're seemingly withholding taxes or something, but the amount they keep has been different every week despite her making the exact same amount. The logistics on all this must be ridiculous but I can't help but panic that in a year or so they'll figure it all out and we'll both owe exorbitant amounts of money that THEY approved us for based on our honest clear answers despite the fact we are just doing what they tell us.

I'm at my wit's end.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Still haven't received my check, and the IRS website is pretty useless. I'm basically giving up, since I damn well know this administration won't get its shit together.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
My best advise is to stop checking every day -- I've had co workers complain and my mom was chewing my ear off about her check, but I stopped trying to update the info each day after some random advice, and after about five days she got her check in the mail.

I don't know how badly they've messed up this portal but re-entering your information each day doesn't seem to help and may actually delay things.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a total shitshow. My parents are supposed to be getting a stimulus payment through a check, they got the Trump letter FIRST, totally pissed that Trump is misusing taxpayers money on this "bullshit letter." No check has come in the mail yet for my parents.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
I just checked the website to see if there is an update on mine and read up on the eligibility and just found out I'm not eligible which is fine I shouldn't be and it should go to other people. I should have looked into it more though

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
My wife got a physical check dated one week after the direct deposit I got. We file jointly so I assumed we would only get one payment, and these were also both in the same amount (and more than $1200). Feels like a mistake, and the IRS is almost certainly going to want that money back if we deposit the check, right?

Jun 22, 2019
How long did it take people to get it via mail after they were given a designated date?
Site said mine was sent out on the 8th, yet it hasn't arrived yet.

Got an inane letter from President Fuckface saying "your economic impact payment has arrived" with no check.

So they send the check out separately after the letter which is worded in a way that implies the check should be with the letter?

What the absolute fuck is this garbage?

Edit: Motherfuckers had the gall to call their payment delivery method "fast and direct" in the fucking letter that came without a payment months late. I wanna cave some faces in so bad right now.

Last edited:

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
AH CHRIST. My check was mailed out on May 15 but is being sent to my OLD address. I moved over a year ago so the forwarding is no longer in effect.

God damn. IRS has no information on their site for what to do when this happens. Anyone deal with this?

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
AH CHRIST. My check was mailed out on May 15 but is being sent to my OLD address. I moved over a year ago so the forwarding is no longer in effect.

God damn. IRS has no information on their site for what to do when this happens. Anyone deal with this?

You normally have to request a replacement be mailed out because that sort of federal mail can't be forwarded, it would just get returned.
This might be complicated because I don't think the IRS is accepting the address change forms right now, you can only do it through an update via tax return.
Did you use your current address on your 2019 taxes?

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
You normally have to request a replacement be mailed out because that sort of federal mail can't be forwarded, it would just get returned.
This might be complicated because I don't think the IRS is accepting the address change forms right now, you can only do it through an update via tax return.
Did you use your current address on your 2019 taxes?

Ha. Some good news, finally.

Got in touch with my old landlord. The new tenant received my check! The landlord has it but is out of town for the week. I'm swinging by her office next week to pick it up.

Glad this is finally over, sheesh!