• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you used PS+ Help?

• Yes

Votes: 240 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 238 42.3%
  • I had no idea that it existed

Votes: 85 15.1%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Yes, it was nice to keep track of how many items I was missing for Demon's Souls achievements.
So when you're in a level, be it in Demon's Souls, Sackboy, etc. there will be activity cards related to that specific location, and when you click on "More Details" it will usually list all the things you can do / get.

RnllQhp.png

The little PS+ icon on them means you can click and watch a video (even snap it beside the game or picture-in-picture mode) which walks you through how to achieve the selected objective.

qLXKrmT.png

Or you can just maximize the video and watch it directly.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Used it once for Dmons Soul when having trouble with the first boss, it didnt help or tell me anything new and still took me many more tries to beat that boss. Was the only boss I had trouble with really.

Honest question, how do you want bring it up?
Are you asking how to use it? I think its just part of all those cards that come up when you hit the PS button while playing a game. I think can be accessed other ways too.

whatsarobot

Nov 17, 2017
Yes! Found it helpful in Demon's Souls and Bugsnaxx. A great new feature that I hope catches on. I like watching just the first part of a video to get a sense of direction without spoiler risks.

Deleted member 44122

is this a feature that gets shared when another user has ps+?

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick"
Jun 17, 2018
Was very useful at a few spots in Bugsnax for sure.

Nope. I just opened YouTube for Astro's Playroom collectibles. Didn't really miss the 2-3 seconds I could have saved.
You sound weirdly proud of the fact you sought help in a game but like you chose to take the more time consuming approach when it's more likely you just didn't know about it? Haha

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I actually used it for Tower Knight and remembered it was a super cool idea. Never used it after that.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Not once. If I needed help with a game, I'd just look it up on my phone or something. It's a nice option to have though, but I also feel like this is something that will become defunct sooner rather than later and most devs will ignore it.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Used it once for Dmons Soul when having trouble with the first boss, it didnt help or tell me anything new and still took me many more tries to beat that boss. Was the only boss I had trouble with really.

Are you asking how to use it? I think its just part of all those cards that come up when you hit the PS button while playing a game. I think can be accessed other ways too.
Yes, I have no idea where it is. Is it part of Game Base?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Used it quite a bit on Sackboy to get missing collectibles. Great feature.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Used it on Bugsnax and Astobot. I imagine I will use it on Sackboy if I get into doing all the collectables.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
I'm in the boat of, I *wanted* to use them for Astro, but couldn't figure it out so I googled everything. I knew about the cards and did look at them, but didn't see anything there that would help. I'll try again sometime.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I used it once on Spider-Man Miles Morales, with a stupid gear I couldn't find on the map to complete an objective. Worked like a charm.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Used it a bit, mostly with Astro trophies. Love that it gives you a lil video too.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Used it in Astro to find one of the last missing collectables. It was neat how it tracks the collectable you're missing and shows the video just for that.

I checked it out in Demon's Souls too, more out of curiosity, and it was okay.

I don't think I'll use it very often but it seems to work as advertised.

Maxpower45

Jul 6, 2019
I don't even know how to access it lol, tried to find it when i was playing demons souls but just gave up and continued.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
I got the plat in Astro without it and I'm still chipping away at Valhalla which doesn't support it I don't think unless I just haven't seen it anywhere

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, used it to platinum Astro and I've been using it a lot in Sackboy.

Really cool and useful feature! Seems like a lot of dev work to fully utilize it though, so I'm not sure how much it'll be supported in the future.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I've completely forgotten about this feature until this thread. Might use it for Astro. I want to go back to it and I'm sure it'll be useful for some of the collectibles.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah. This feature saved me some frustration on Demon's Souls many times due to unexpected enemies and boss fights.