IBetUHav

Oct 27, 2017
Does the PS5 dashboard look slightly washed out in HDR as compared to SDR for anyone else? I'm on an LG B7, and no matter what I try the colors on the dashboard are just a little more muted in HDR than in SDR.
Yes, mine has the same look. I've looked at a lot of different videos and screenshots and it actually appears to be the intended look. Since the system is always in HDR mode it seems like they don't want to blow out the menu screen with full on colors/brightness. P40L0 and I discussed this a bit in the B7 pic settings thread. Turning dynamic tone mapping on (which the B7 doesn't even have in game mode) ups the brightness/vibrance of everything but that's just the TV AI deciding that the menu is too dim and adjusting.

lemmykoopah

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For the technical HDR masters here: say my TV peaks out at 800 nits in HDR mode but that is too much for my old eyes. Is there any way I can lower the peak brightness WITHOUT totally mismatching the whole HDR image? On a LED tv the backlight controls peak brightness right? I see it always maxes out when HDR is enabled. Could I just put the backlight on 60% instead? This way the absolute peak brightness gets lowered but the image should still be correct and true HDR right?

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
For the technical HDR masters here: say my TV peaks out at 800 nits in HDR mode but that is too much for my old eyes. Is there any way I can lower the peak brightness WITHOUT totally mismatching the whole HDR image? On a LED tv the backlight controls peak brightness right? I see it always maxes out when HDR is enabled. Could I just put the backlight on 60% instead? This way the absolute peak brightness gets lowered but the image should still be correct and true HDR right?

I think this depends on TV implementation on the back-end. You could be in the situation where the internal tone-mapping algorithm is based off of some global "max luminance" value set at the factory and embedded in the firmware. In that case if you change the default max backlight at the user level you may "break" any tone-mapping, though whether you'd notice it who knows. I think you'd end up crushing highlight detail even more.

Then again, the tone mapping algorithm could respect user-menu level settings, but there's no way to know. Most of these are just tone map curves so I think the former implementation is likely rather than this one.

Either way, at some point you lower max luminance enough that I don't think you'd consider it true HDR regardless, particularly if you're talking about going lower than 800 nits on an LCD that may not have the best black performance on the low end. Half the reason OLEDs get away with their max luminance being in the 800 nit range is because of its black performance making sure the low end isn't raised and preserving the overall contrast.

OP
OP
EvilBoris

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
You are o

I've never checked what it does , but I would assume it likely behaves in the same was as reducing the contrast does.
You'll rarely see anything that bright - if you use the main brightness/ paper whitre settings most games offer, you can turn down the brightness of the part that is probably giving the impression of being too bright

OP
OP
EvilBoris

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So I think people may be interested in this. But I think they've enabled auto-HDR on a bunch of other games.
And the effect itself looks little less bananas than it was

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So I think people may be interested in this. But I think they've enabled auto-HDR on a bunch of other games.

Definitely piques my interest. Especially now that I've just learned that the per-game toggle has been added via the latest system update.

It's a feature that on paper seems excellent to have but I think the implementation left a bit to be desired. Would be overjoyed to see if they dialed it in to a better spot -- a spot that actually does HDR justice.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm mistaken about there being new ones actually. But I'm sure they've toned the effect down, either globally or across a few games.

Gonna try Halo 5 again in a bit, I feel it was eye searingly bright before. While you're here, do you still recommend pc mode for series x? I have my ps5 set to game mode non-pc mode and my x pc mode. Just wondering if I should change it or leave it as is.

OP
OP
EvilBoris

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Nice! I've enjoyed Auto HDR but it's been a bit too aggressive for my tastes. Any examples of some games you've seen toned down?
Apex Legends the current title screen literally had bits of white that would glow in the 2D art, it wasn't doing that so much this time.
I don't want to say too much more in case I'm wrong 😂 I need to measure it really to validate this claim

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure auto hdr grades beyond 800 nits because I see more specular details with hgig turned off. I wish it used the system setting, but maybe that just happened?

Garwoofoo

Oct 28, 2017
I definitely feel that Auto HDR has been significantly improved since launch. I used to find it unbearably bright on almost everything I tried it on, but over the last few weeks I've tried it on a bunch of games and they've all, without exception, looked better with it on. Sometimes much better. Occasionally it still has issues with loading screens and static elements but they're much less of an issue than they used to be, and of course now you can disable it on a per-game basis if it really doesn't work well with a particular title.

If I had to guess, it would be that perhaps originally it wasn't picking up the settings from the HDR Calibration tool correctly, and now it is. But I'm no expert.

Deleted member 50735

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
At launch Wolfenstein 2 and auto HDR used to have massive flashes of some kind of white hue all over the screen when moving around. That's now been fixed too from a quick test.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Anyone analysed Outriders?
Been playing it on Series X right now and after some testing it seems like the general base black level of this game seems to be broken.
You always have raised blacks no matter which number you use in the HDR setting, you can perfectly see it in cutscenes where the bars are not perfect black and greyish.

But, if I put my LG TV brightness just one number down from 50 to 49, it's gone, perfect black and the game is colorful and juicy.
And because it's just one number change you need to fix this, it basically confirms to me that is just a wrong base number calibration on the devs side.

PowerK

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Regarding Cyberpunk 2077, have they done something to HDR with v1.2 patch?
Playing on PC with scRGB HDR, it looks good now. I remember preferring SDR in this game when played last year. But now, I like the result of scRGB HDR.

mdf/markus

Oct 30, 2017
Thought I could finally give Days Gone a try.
I am really pleasantly suprised by the HDR image quality in the game.
All the different scenes in the first 2 hours or so were quite promising.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Avengers was just patched again and yet the HDR is still broken on Series X in Performance mode (works perfectly in Graphics mode). I don't want to playthrough the campaign until it's fixed, so this is pretty frustrating.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Cyberpunk 2077, have they done something to HDR with v1.2 patch?
Playing on PC with scRGB HDR, it looks good now. I remember preferring SDR in this game when played last year. But now, I like the result of scRGB HDR.

Any more reports or opinions on this? I'm kind of afraid of installing the patch because of the apparently lowered LOD for NPCs, and because I don't really have any major issues. But HDR improvements could push me over the edge.

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
Boris, do you plan to compare auto hdr to native implementations that were not that good?
For example, Forza Horizon 3 does not have HDR at all on a pc. I've played it for a few days after auto hdr was enabled and to me it looks ok.
Console implementation was really dim on my screen.
A Plague Tale and Mafia Remastered are also games that did not have support on a pc (I know that first one supports auto hdr on pc, don't own the second one).

xRedbeardx

Sep 3, 2018
Nice! I've enjoyed Auto HDR but it's been a bit too aggressive for my tastes. Any examples of some games you've seen toned down?

Dark Souls Remastered, Code Vein, Apex Legends & Control: UE all seem to do auto-HDR pretty well in my experience. That is to say they just worked with the settings i'd already been using for SDR and looked better throughout the experience.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
A word of warning with Dark Souls though. I got image retention (not burn in) after a minutes with that HDR life bar on my LG CX.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Just had my first experience with PC gaming HDR and yes, it's really annoying. I decided to play RE7 since I never did and the RE8 gothic look appeals to me, so I decided to catch up (last RE I played was 4 and I have the RE2 remake in my backlog).

At the very least at least the game doesn't require the windows HDR switch to be on to trigger it thankfully. However, for some reason, having 2560x1440 60Hz in the display settings totally borks the HDR on my C9. A display setting of 1440/120Hz looks fine, however, the same resolution set to 60hz in the game completely breaks the HDR implementation and its way to dark regardless of the HDR settings. No idea what's going on there.

I also prefer the game with locked 60fps, but that setting breaks lip sync in "cutscenes" so I have to set it variable which has some horrible framepacing hitches. This might be fixed once I'm able to move my 1080ti into the HTPC gaming rig as an upgrade to the 980 that's in there now.

Ruranghi

Sep 22, 2019
I love HDR in RE8, so happy its seemingly "fixed" now, I just set peak brightness and left second screen at default, which produces deep blacks when needed but nice shadow detail too. Even in the Maiden demo it still seemed funky and I was a bit sad but its 10x better in the Village and Castle demos, not sure what changed, if anything.

I still don't like that they blow out the highlights, even if I lower my digital white level really low on the display I can't recover the detail so I'm guessing thats a stylistic choice.

Is the first screen basically you entering your 10% window brightness? I didn't have to set mine that many pips (4 or 5) to the right to make the CB disappear and thats on a display with 1600-1700 nits on a 10% window.

So is the max value on the slider 4000 nits?

Just had my first experience with PC gaming HDR and yes, it's really annoying. I decided to play RE7 since I never did and the RE8 gothic look appeals to me, so I decided to catch up (last RE I played was 4 and I have the RE2 remake in my backlog).

At the very least at least the game doesn't require the windows HDR switch to be on to trigger it thankfully. However, for some reason, having 2560x1440 60Hz in the display settings totally borks the HDR on my C9. A display setting of 1440/120Hz looks fine, however, the same resolution set to 60hz in the game completely breaks the HDR implementation and its way to dark regardless of the HDR settings. No idea what's going on there.

I also prefer the game with locked 60fps, but that setting breaks lip sync in "cutscenes" so I have to set it variable which has some horrible framepacing hitches. This might be fixed once I'm able to move my 1080ti into the HTPC gaming rig as an upgrade to the 980 that's in there now.

Maybe try disabling v-sync in the game and use external v-sync from the AMD/Nvidia control panel with the frame rate limiter set to variable. I think the uber dark HDR bug is an RE Engine issue, I got it in RE2 and RE3 remake on PC when I alt tabbed sometimes.

If you don't like v-sync lag then try RTSS's scanline sync feature:

www.resetera.com

[Guide] How to use RTSS's Scanline Sync to reduce stuttering, screen tearing and input lag on PC (alternative to Vsync, G-Sync and FreeSync)

I was asked, in the "Control PC performance thread", to do a write-up on how to use RTSS’s Scanline Sync function. After writing a 7-page document, I figured that it would better serve the community as its own separate thread, since it can be applied to all games, and not just Control. Special...

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017

The only thing I remember about RE 7 is it's HDR detection code was broken for me when I was still using a GTX 780. The game would force HDR if my PC was connected to an HDR capable display, eventhough my GPU didn't support (or have the necessary HDMI bandwidth to support?) HDR, so the entire image would look completely wrong.

Maybe you are forcing display settings that is going beyond what your 980's HDMI port is capable of? I don't remember what type of HDMI the 980 has though.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I remember about RE 7 is it's HDR detection code was broken for me when I was still using a GTX 780. The game would force HDR if my PC was connected to an HDR capable display, eventhough my GPU didn't support (or have the necessary HDMI bandwidth to support?) HDR, so the entire image would look completely wrong.

Maybe you are forcing display settings that is going beyond what your 980's HDMI port is capable of? I don't remember what type of HDMI the 980 has though.

It looks fine to me at 120hz so I don't think that's an issue (and bandwidth isn't an issue since it's at 1440p and not 4k). 980s have HDMI 2.0. The biggest issue with the HDR implementation is that the game sort of lives in a persistent area of "hazy gray" that really brings out the little bit of banding my C9 OLED panel has.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of C9s and HDR, did I miss any updates with the recent PS5 is update?

We're still best served by using pc mode and switching back only if we want to use video apps?

Chef NL

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I'm out of the loop, we doing PC mode + any picture preset for PS5 now too? Cause why again?
I am doing it because pc mode on the C9 is the only mode where I can put it on automatic.
If I play a 120fps game it sets to limited a 60fps to full.
Im lazy to do this manually everytime.
Also pc mode is full 4:4:4 mode.
I heard some people got issues with it (artifacts) but I don't see anything wrong.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I'm out of the loop, we doing PC mode + any picture preset for PS5 now too? Cause why again?

As I understand it , it's for the subsampling. Or the lack of it. There's no compression when using 4:4:4. I've yet to personally notice a difference tbh but it's nice to at least think you have it on the right settings.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Two Series X games just got a patch today:

Crysis - Good news! The HDR is patched back in and working!

Avengers - Bad news!The HDR is still completely broken in Performance mode on the Series X (yet works in graphics mode)

s-7-n

Jun 10, 2019
request for 3 older games if i may on a calibrated AF9 (DTM on option only) for PS5

1) Ghost of Tsushima: picture is great but there is an option to change contrast to 'dramatic' similar setup they used in inFamoun ps4 titles...Has anyone tested-used it if its better then default, i guess the brightness will have to be raised a bit

2) Control UE: after latest patch, the default brightness seems still bright, not sure if artist intent, 47-48 level seems correct here, black crush seems fixed now

3) Watch Dogs-Legion: HDR seems a mess, are there any recommended settings?

Thanks a lot

AMDfanTO

Nov 8, 2017
request for 3 older games if i may on a calibrated AF9 (DTM on option only) for PS5

1) Ghost of Tsushima: picture is great but there is an option to change contrast to 'dramatic' similar setup they used in inFamoun ps4 titles...Has anyone tested-used it if its better then default, i guess the brightness will have to be raised a bit

2) Control UE: after latest patch, the default brightness seems still bright, not sure if artist intent, 47-48 level seems correct here, black crush seems fixed now

3) Watch Dogs-Legion: HDR seems a mess, are there any recommended settings?

Thanks a lot

1) GOT used system level hdr. In the OS hdr calibration tool set it a notch or two below where you see the white patch disappear and set the black patch down to the lowest.

2) control looked perfect on my calibrated lg c7 in both sdr and the forced hdr setting before the patch. I'm watching in a pitch black room and the game had inky blacks without any crush. Now it's washed out and looks dull post patch.

3) watch dogs has raised black levels. I set the paper white to 100 nits and do not touch the peak white. It looks pretty good overall.

I force send 1100 nit peak metadata to my c7 for the best tone mapping curve in game mode. As the default under tracks the pq eotf

s-7-n

Jun 10, 2019
1) GOT used system level hdr. In the OS hdr calibration tool set it a notch or two below where you see the white patch disappear and set the black patch down to the lowest.

2) control looked perfect on my calibrated lg c7 in both sdr and the forced hdr setting before the patch. I'm watching in a pitch black room and the game had inky blacks without any crush. Now it's washed out and looks dull post patch.

3) watch dogs has raised black levels. I set the paper white to 100 nits and do not touch the peak white. It looks pretty good overall.

I force send 1100 nit peak metadata to my c7 for the best tone mapping curve in game mode. As the default under tracks the pq eotf

Thank you 👍

s-7-n

Jun 10, 2019

[/QUOTE]

qq: how do you force send the metadata? played with settings and quite happy

brightness: 45
gamma: 40
contrast: 50
paper white: 100 or 120
nit peak: 1000 is generally balanced (at 600-700) the whites were not that dominant, could be its sonys DTM at 1000 ...night time is beautiful, if i go all the way 4000 the neons really pop but need to test if i am losing out somewhere else. I am aware AF9 DTMs up to 4k nits, so still not sure what is correct here

not aiming to adjust settings on AF9, calibrated by VT and i play in dark room, PS5 HDR settings are correct as per your / VT guides 👍

this game is beautiful though, disabled all HUD UI, quite immersive, was worried about RT running at 30, but not distracting and very stable

AMDfanTO

Nov 8, 2017
I force the Metadata using an hdfury linker. But I'm not sure if that will benefit a Sony display as I believe they use fixed tonemapping curves regardless of Metadata sent to the display. LG could stand to benefit from that ideology.

Even lg's dynamic tonemapping is affected by the metadata sent to the TV. In cinema mode with dynamic tonemapping metadata affects peak white and black level curves. Cinema home setting only affects the peak white curves, which is better, and has a more relaxed abl. However cinema home setting excessively brightens the eotf.

Anyway game mode w 1100 nit has the best near black gradation and tracks the pqeotf the best. The next problem with my display is the artificially poor color luminance and pumped up white luminance in hdr. It makes scenes with red or yellow colors next to white look too dark and muddy - like fire or explosions. Game graphics like logos look especially poor like the bugsnax logo - as it has white outlining yellow text. The white outline is too bright and the yellow text is too dark - making the yellow look brown/mustard color. Hopefully quantum dot tech can be integrated with oled soon to mitigate this.

s-7-n

Jun 10, 2019
I force the Metadata using an hdfury linker. But I'm not sure if that will benefit a Sony display as I believe they use fixed tonemapping curves regardless of Metadata sent to the display. LG could stand to benefit from that ideology.

Even lg's dynamic tonemapping is affected by the metadata sent to the TV. In cinema mode with dynamic tonemapping metadata affects peak white and black level curves. Cinema home setting only affects the peak white curves, which is better, and has a more relaxed abl. However cinema home setting excessively brightens the eotf.

Anyway game mode w 1100 nit has the best near black gradation and tracks the pqeotf the best. The next problem with my display is the artificially poor color luminance and pumped up white luminance in hdr. It makes scenes with red or yellow colors next to white look too dark and muddy - like fire or explosions. Game graphics like logos look especially poor like the bugsnax logo - as it has white outlining yellow text. The white outline is too bright and the yellow text is too dark - making the yellow look brown/mustard color. Hopefully quantum dot tech can be integrated with oled soon to mitigate this.

useful info, thx again 👍

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect Legendary Edition i feel like is an example of "toxic" HDR implementation( ... or what will you get if you slap HDR rendering on Xbox 360 non-PBR materials game )

In some cases it still can be enjoyable i guess... for example in darker scenes and when Depth of Field blurs light sources a bit so they don't melt your eyes.

XlihuC4.png

gSsYyN5.png

vs. PBR materials and one of the best and tasteful HDR implementations

ayy52pT.png

zAvUpcp.png

EDIT: Hmm... after messing around with ME:LE i think i will change my game calibration policy on my C9 OLED. Now i will probably calibrate in-game/system settings with HGiG enabled and then switch dynamic tonemapping to OFF state... this "technique" kinda "tames" the whites and i like this effect, without this when you leave TV in HGiG mode it sometimes feels like white bright areas of the image are "overcharged"( especially in non-PBR games ) and that kinda ruins the balance of the image.

Last edited:

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
Mass Effect Legendary Edition i feel like is an example of "toxic" HDR implementation( ... or what will you get if you slap HDR rendering on Xbox 360 non-PBR materials game )
I think this has less to do with PBR and more with LE simply converting SDR to HDR, while Andromeda gives you access to untonemapped data.
EDIT: Hmm... after messing around with ME:LE i think i will change my game calibration policy on my C9 OLED. Now i will probably calibrate in-game/system settings with HGiG enabled and then switch dynamic tonemapping to OFF state... this "technique" kinda "tames" the whites and i like this effect, without this when you leave TV in HGiG mode it sometimes feels like white bright areas of the image are "overcharged"( especially in non-PBR games ) and that kinda ruins the balance of the image.
You do what you find works best for you, but this method is forcing lower nits output for content that doesn't hit 4000 nits. A better alternative would be enabling BFI, which will also cut into max display luminance, but you get better motion resolution. Or you can just play around with in game settings to find the look that you like, when it comes to HDR I often find that I'm getting better results when I don't follow game recommendations, or try to hit DPL.

Deleted member 50735

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Strange, I really like the HDR image on Mass Effect (I'm only on the first of the trilogy) It's not all the time, but there are several moments where the colours, especially on characters have a really nice pop to them, which is lost in SDR. There are other times when it's not impactful at all, but on the whole I like it. Regardless of what image analysis shows my eyes like it. Decent in game calibration sliders too.

Series X if it matters.

JayRB88

Dec 3, 2019

In some cases it still can be enjoyable i guess... for example in darker scenes and when Depth of Field blurs light sources a bit so they don't melt your eyes.

XlihuC4.png

gSsYyN5.png

vs. PBR materials and one of the best and tasteful HDR implementations

ayy52pT.png

zAvUpcp.png
What am I looking at here exactly? Is it a poor implementation?

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
What am I looking at here exactly? Is it a poor implementation?
Can't ask too much from a Xbox 360 era game and assets, but i got used to it and enjoying the game in HDR.... TV tweak that reduces brightness a bit which i pointed out in my edited post also helped me personally, without it light sources in-game were unbearably bright and toxic.

OP
OP
EvilBoris

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Can't ask too much from a Xbox 360 era game and assets, but i got used to it and enjoying the game in HDR.... TV tweak that reduces brightness a bit which i pointed out in my edited post also helped me personally, without it light sources in-game were unbearably bright and toxic.

I can imagine it is a bit much if you have a bright TV (or if you follow the instructions for the contrast , I keep it on default or +1/+2) , inside the Normandy is a bit intense if you go too high.
Overall I've found it to be pretty good considering - with the exception of some bloom that is overdone and unfortunately causes some blow out.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I have a very specific question about HDR on my set, and I'm wondering if anybody could help shed some light, like EvilBoris maybe. Just curious, more than anything.

I own an LC C8. Had it for about three years now and love it. Bought it at the time mainly because the RTings review was strong, and it was a leading model for games.

But ever since I've owned it I've had this really specific oddity with how it displays certain reds/yellows in HDR. The best way I can describe it is that a lot of the yellow detail is low in the luminescence, blurring together with the red, creating a very bright red glow. It is almost exclusively appears only on bright sources, like fire, lava, lasers, and stuff like that. And it only ever appears in HDR. Sometimes it's so striking that there's what almost looks like clear banding on the fall off; as in, the bright red fire blooms and glows a bright red, and there is a clear tonal line where it falls off into differing background colour. It's not an awful look, but it's weird.

I've noticed it on fire in a lot of sources, almost all directly from my PlayStations. I noticed it first on God of War '18 HDR on my PlayStation 4 Pro. I noticed it watching Fury Road HDR on my PlayStation 5. And I'm not noticing it in Ratchet & Clank. It's super weird and I've always wondered what caused it, as no amount of tweaking of brightness, colours, contrast, display modes, etc on the display seems to make any impact at all. And as said it only ever shows up in HDR.

Below is the Ratchet & Clank example. The left is a direct feed screenshot with the OS running with HDR turned off. The right is an offscreen shot with HDR turned on, but looks pretty accurate to how it displays. I'm wondering if I'm missing something in my calibration (even if my tweaking seems to produce no difference), if it's a panel or model issue (fixable, or just the model), a quirk with PlayStation systems, or something lost in HDR information that causes this and it is, in fact, displaying "correctly".

untitled-1cujiy.jpg

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
I've noticed it on fire in a lot of sources, almost all directly from my PlayStations. I noticed it first on God of War '18 HDR on my PlayStation 4 Pro. I noticed it watching Fury Road HDR on my PlayStation 5. And I'm not noticing it in Ratchet & Clank. It's super weird and I've always wondered what caused it, as no amount of tweaking of brightness, colours, contrast, display modes, etc on the display seems to make any impact at all. And as said it only ever shows up in HDR.
It's not the issue of the display, rather a color gamut stretching from rec709 to P3 or BT.2020, which alters colors sometimes. The sand in Fury Road is another victim of this, going from the golden hue (which was intended by the creative team behind the movie) to rusty red. It kinda plagued some early UHD releases like BvS, which is why Snyder did a remaster recently that restores the intended look to the movie. Some TV manufactures, like Sony or Panasonic, are applying color shift to bright reds to make it look more yellow in an attempt to correct those automatic HDR grades, but LG is showing colors unaltered from the source IIRC. I don't know many games that are actually graded in higher color volume/HDR, the only ones I know for sure are recent RE games, because after tonemapping back to SDR they don't look the same as the native SDR image.

OP
OP
EvilBoris

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Just saw your post on Twitter,but thought I'd reply here as there is more space
My first impression would be that the colour space is incorrect, it looks oversaturated. Things that are less than red are becoming red
Do you have the auto/wide/expanded option on the C8? Perhaps trying cycling between those.
From memory God of War is noticeably less saturated in the HDR mode, so shouldn't look like that.

As Koklusz says, this is not unusual, the fire and lava in Sekiro and many other games have that red colour rather than the orange you would expect.

Also do all the picture presets look like this?

Last edited: