TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Looks like it's time for me to finally finish Witcher 3. I started over a month or so ago and was really enjoying catching back up to where I previously was.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
I've just read in another forums that the problem is real. BTW

What am I looking at here? Did the patch over saturate his/her colours?

Just fired it up with the downsampling unchecked and yeah, it looks like standard 1080p. Might be good for the framerate purists though as it could offer better performance again.

Oct 25, 2017

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

El Mariachi

Oct 31, 2017
Austria
Just tested it on my A1. Sheeeeeeeiiiiiiitttttt.

I fuckin love HDR and the implementation here is marvelous. CD Project keeps winning.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'll check it out, considering I will probably never get the my PC playthrough going.

AndyB1974

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit yeah. Looks awful.

Edit: Yeah just had a run around. What the fuck have they done there.

Edit 2: So the issue seems to disappear when you uncheck system supersampling, but then you have to make do with a standard 1080p output again. Weird.
Damn. So the only way to get a downsampled image with the new patch is to use system wide supersampling, and that seems to be whats causing the lod issues. Think I'll be sticking with v1.50.

Zing

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just did a quick runaround with this new update after loading an old save game. It looks exactly how I would expect HDR to look. I ran around at night and the moonlight was spot-on. The graphics are apparently not full 4K, but clearly much higher than 1080. It isn't Horizon quality, but definitely pleasing.

The framerate was solid. I didn't notice any stuttering, hesitations, or absolutely any dips in framerate. I assume it's 30fps and it never dropped for me. I didn't go into any swamps or whatever people had trouble with in the past. I did swim and fight around water areas.

Looks good. Feels good. I forgot how good it sounds (it was originally the catalyst for me adding a subwoofer to my home theatre).

I don't know about all the LOD stuff people are posting above, but it seemed fine to me. Vegetation has always been sparse in this game compared to others. Games always seem to have to sacrifice draw distance, whether it's shadows (Fallout 4), animations (Monster Hunter), or foliage.

My opinion is, at this point, you are either ecstatic at finally getting to play this in its ultimate form, or you are looking for a reason to not play it. Staring at the ground in the distance while you run around empty fields is not how you play this game.

Typicalrik

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone having issues with the TCL tv? When loading the game the screen is all washed out with green banding at the top and bottom and when in game looks like a pale white filter over everything?

mi1es

Nov 7, 2017
Just tried it out. With HDR and without.

Hate to say it but I'm extremely disappointed. I was just playing the game a few weeks ago so it's very noticeale to me.

-LOD/pop in is really really bad now. It was never even close to this before. It was never a problem for me at all until now.
-Sky had some strange flickering going on in White Orchard. Tested it with both HDR on and off.

It almost seems that this was a mistake. Or enough people complained about the 4-5 tiny spots where the pro patched game would drop a few frames. If this is the sacrifice they had to make to please those people.... damn

Oct 27, 2017
The platform which most likely generated the most revenue = have the worst support.

We wait +6 months for this? What is going on with CDPR...

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hate to say it but I'm extremely disappointed. I was just playing the game a few weeks ago so it's very noticeale to me.

-LOD/pop in is really really bad now. It was never even close to this before. It was never a problem for me at all until now.
-Sky had some strange flickering going on in White Orchard. Tested it with both HDR on and off.

It almost seems that this was a mistake. Or enough people complained about the 4-5 tiny spots where the pro patched game would drop a few frames. If this is the sacrifice they had to make to please those people.... damn

Really? Fucking hell...

Supersampling on or off?

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
These problems are they related to just using a pro in 1080? As there are none of these issues in 4k. There is no more pop in than before and HDR is absolutely gorgeous. The only issue I have is the slight frame rate issues as before with the first pro patch. HDR on this is really really good. Maybe they could have included sliders for users with hdr TVs that don't support hdr1000 because believe me, on a TV that does, this looks glorious.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I've just read in another forums that the problem is real. BTW

Wow so this happens when using system supersampling? Damn that sucks.

I thought that was just the graphics in general until I loaded it up and started playing in 4k and it looked great. They should fix that, thats terrible.

mi1es

Nov 7, 2017
Really? Fucking hell...

Supersampling on or off?
I'm on a 4k tv now. Can't comment on that.

But yeah. I didn't think it would be true at first tbh. Lots of people overblow the changes that CD project red make. I know how these threads go usually. I've been really impressed with the work they have put in to patch this game. The small framerate drops that came with the ps4 pro patch didn't bother me much at all.

Like I said though.. Having just played the game 2 weeks ago you can really notice the LOD/pop-in now. Don't understand how anyone can argue that. Maybe if you haven't played it in a long time..

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone having issues with the TCL tv? When loading the game the screen is all washed out with green banding at the top and bottom and when in game looks like a pale white filter over everything?

I have the TCL p605. I have to download the game but I'll let you know if I see the same thing.

That's disappointing. My main save is on the PS4, so I was hoping to play the expansions on the Pro. I may opt to just play on the Xbox if it's bad enough.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, it doesn't. CDPR, for whatever reason, has said that they have no plans to patch it into the PC version either.
That's a bummer. I have my PC hooked up to my 4K HDR TV, and my guess is there's a sizable audience that does the same (even if it's not the primary display). Better HDR support on PC would definitely be a selling point for me.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
CDPR just keeps fumbling around with the PlayStation versions of their games.

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017
Running a PRO with 4K HDR, have to say the implementation is gorgeous at 4K.

Whilst the game was great anyway the wide colour gamut really adds realism to the scenes and the torches burn bright.

This has made this game even better which I didn't believe possible.

Still on my first ever run trough. Wondering if the expansions are worth it. Anyone care to offer their thoughts?

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't played in ages.

Going to load it up without the patch and record 60 seconds from the start of my save then do the same thing post patch.

Will report back.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Running a PRO with 4K HDR, have to say the implementation is gorgeous at 4K.

Whilst the game was great anyway the wide colour gamut really adds realism to the scenes and the torches burn bright.

This has made this game even better which I didn't believe possible.

Still on my first ever run trough. Wondering if the expansions are worth it. Anyone care to offer their thoughts?

I think the expansion pass is the best bang for buck DLC/expansions this gen, easily. Not only are they lengthy but they are quality and add to the experience. In short, yes.

Skitso

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Just played solid two hours with 1080p without supersampling and I couldn't be happier. Performance is back to absolutely flawless and my pro is dead silent running it. No pop up issues what so ever.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't played in ages.

Going to load it up without the patch and record 60 seconds from the start of my save then do the same thing post patch.

Will report back.

I didn't notice any difference where I was in the game.

Went from version 1.5 to 1.61.

Playing on a 1080p set though with supersampling on

Edit : on second viewing I can notice it.

It's not too bad but I guess it could look worse in other areas.