• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I've reported the game on steam because of the sale, and reported a number of the recent reviews. I encourage everyone to do the same.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
SPOILER_Screenshot_20190930-215107_Steam.jpg

In case anyone had any doubts, here's the dev with the most obvious dogwhistle in the world
what a shit head.

what do they gain by shitting on trans people so much?

41% dogwhistle explained

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I don't get it - is it that they put it on sale right after the controversy?

Suicide attempts are alarmingly common among transgender individuals; 41% try to kill themselves at some point in their lives, compared with 4.6% of the general public. The numbers come from a study by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and the Williams Institute, which analyzed results from the National Transgender Discrimination Survey. Researchers are preparing to launch another version of the online survey on Wednesday.

You don't randomly put your game on sale for exactly 41% off. Fuckers are now openly mocking Trans suicide. This honestly needs its own thread. Report their shitty game to Steam.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Suicide attempts are alarmingly common among transgender individuals; 41% try to kill themselves at some point in their lives, compared with 4.6% of the general public. The numbers come from a study by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and the Williams Institute, which analyzed results from the National Transgender Discrimination Survey. Researchers are preparing to launch another version of the online survey on Wednesday.

You don't randomly put your game on sale for exactly 41% off. Fuckers are now openly mocking Trans suicide. This honestly needs its own thread. Report their shitty game to Steam.
New thread for new news, yes.

Mar 29, 2018
The percentage they set is a transphobic dogwhistle.

God fucking damn it

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anime avatar 👀.

I honestly don't know why people in positions like this openly voice such hateful opinions of other people minding their own business. From a business perspective, you only stand to lose. Inclusivity is both morally right and good for business. I think the person a few posts above me who said these people can't hate in silence is spot on.

deplatforming works and dragging these people into the spotlight to expose their bigotry isn't "cancel culture", it's holding each other socially responsible.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Was expecting garden variety ignorant casual transphobia, got nausea-inducing nuclear-grade vileness. Fuck this person.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Anime avatar 👀.

I honestly don't know why people in positions like this openly voice such hateful opinions of other people minding their own business. From a business perspective, you only stand to lose. Inclusivity is both morally right and good for business. I think the person a few posts above me who said these people can't hate in silence is spot on.

deplatforming works and dragging these people into the spotlight to expose their bigotry isn't "cancel culture", it's holding each other socially responsible.

Transphobic "Feminists" think that loudly denying people's identities is basic activism

Woylie

May 9, 2018
those sure are some transphobic tweets

the arguments this person gives aren't even worth engaging with, but here:

"your vagina isn't a vagina because.... it used to not be a vagina"

as we all know, caterpillars are NOT butterflies once they metamorphose and sprout wings

bread is NOT toast after it's been in the toaster for a few minutes, it's just bread that's lying to itself

things can become other things, get over it

ETA: just saw the thing about the sale, that's really ghoulish and blatant. sincerely hope this "let's make fun of people killing themselves and maybe profit off it too" strategy doesn't work out for them.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Oh that's vile.
Heartbeat and its developer can fuck off a cliff.

EDIT: Made the mistake of going to the store page and reading some Steam reviews. Somebody needs to report this shit to Valve.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
I never understand why transphobes care so much about how others identify or think of themselves. If they think the "truth" matters as much as they say it does, then surely it doesn't matter if some people don't subscribe to it.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
So seems that sentient shitstain mister metokur is telling people to buy this based off the shitty reviews. What fucking awful people.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is really sad.

I have long stood with Cis Women who don't want to date Trans Lesbians (I refuse to use the term Transbian, fucking haaaate it) as I feel that is reasonable.

That said seeing this kinda talk is legit one of the reasons I hate myself so much because I've seen these feelings and thoughts so much even if they are a minority it's just a fear I associate with all women/lesbians as I've internalized it so much.

However as gross as it is, I really hope that regardless of their thoughts and views people do not attack them, maybe one day they will change but it won't be if they feel backed into a corner.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
This is really sad.

I have long stood with Cis Women who don't want to date Trans Lesbians (I refuse to use the term Transbian, fucking haaaate it) as I feel that is reasonable.

That said seeing this kinda talk is legit one of the reasons I hate myself so much because I've seen these feelings and thoughts so much even if they are a minority it's just a fear I associate with all women/lesbians as I've internalized it so much.

However as gross as it is, I really hope that regardless of their thoughts and views people do not attack them, maybe one day they will change but it won't be if they feel backed into a corner.

How is transphobia reasonable?

Also, hi, I'm a transbian, why do you hate the word?

(Although to combat bigots like TERFs I should probably just say lesbian tbh)

Last edited:

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How is transphobia reasonable?

Also, hi, I'm a transbian, why do you hate the word?

(Although to combat bigots like TERFs I should probably just say lesbian tbh)
If a woman recognizes that I am a woman, that I am what I identify as than to me that is enough. Being Cis is a feeling I can never know and I can understand the desire to date someone like ones self, who can understand how it feels to grow up with the pressures and problems of a young Cis girl and up into adult hood as a Cis Woman.

As far as Lesbian thing, it's because I'm a woman and I happen to be Trans. I don't want to be trans, I don't want to be seen as Woman*. Just woman, and the same goes for a Lesbian, I refuse and hate the idea of being TransBian or whatever.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
If a woman recognizes that I am a woman, that I am what I identify as than to me that is enough. Being Cis is a feeling I can never know and I can understand the desire to date someone like ones self, who can understand how it feels to grow up with the pressures and problems of a young Cis girl and up into adult hood as a Cis Woman.

This has nothing to do with being cis or trans, this means cis white rich woman will only date other cis white rich woman.
skin color and social status change as much in your life as being cis or trans... sometimes even more.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This has nothing to do with being cis or trans, this means cis white rich woman will only date other cis white rich woman.
skin color and social status change as much in your life as being cis or trans... sometimes even more.
I didn't target any race or social status. I'm good with all Cis Women not to wanting to date people like me.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I didn't target any race or social status. I'm good with all Cis Women not to wanting to date people like me.

If your argument also don't support classicist and racist lesbians than your argument makes no sense.

But then again you made it pretty clear "people like you" does not include all trans women =P

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If your argument also don't support classicist and racist lesbians than your argument makes no sense.

But then again you made it pretty clear "people like you" does not include all trans women =P
Lol nope. I only talk for myself.

I take no pride in being Trans, so I'm in no position to speak for people who do.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Lol nope. I only talk for myself.

I take no pride in being Trans, so I'm in no position to speak for people who do.

It's less a matter of pride about being trans and more about being proud of accepting who I am and what I overcame to do so.

I'm not ashamed to be trans; it's my reality. I won't pretend that it's something to be ashamed of or hide. Of course you don't have to like the word 'transbian', or apply it to yourself. You're just as valid a woman as I am. But for me, I'm okay with being known as a woman who happens to be trans, and to call myself a transbian specifically to piss off bigots like TERFs (not saying you are one). XD

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's less a matter of pride about being trans and more about being proud of accepting who I am and what I overcame to do so.

I'm not ashamed to be trans; it's my reality. I won't pretend that it's something to be ashamed of or hide. Of course you don't have to like the word 'transbian', or apply it to yourself. You're just as valid a woman as I am. But for me, I'm okay with being known as a woman who happens to be trans, and to call myself a transbian specifically to piss off bigots like TERFs (not saying you are one). XD
I can totally respect and will even say I'm envious of this mindset to some degree.

I have a very narrow and different look at this aspect of life, and there is no part of me who wants others to look at it like that. Hopefully in the end more people end up like you because it's likely much more healthy and positive.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I can totally respect and will even say I'm envious of this mindset to some degree.

I have a very narrow and different look at this aspect of life, and there is no part of me who wants others to look at it like that. Hopefully in the end more people end up like you because it's likely much more healthy and positive.

To be honest, this mindset has only come about after 40 years of repression, abuse and trauma of many forms. I simply don't have it in me to fight my nature to be me - at this point, I'd rather die than go back to who I was, and if I can help anyone with living my life out loud then it's all worth it.