• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
pogo_pogo_pogo.jpg

This might be the first deck I run. We'll see what strikes my fancy though. There are several other close contenders.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I hope there's replayable PvE content like Dungeon Run or Monster Hunt, I still go back to the modes since I enjoy them so much. Literally just Dungeon Run with Boomsday Bosses I'd be fine with, no need to build new classes like Monster Hunt did.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
I hope there's replayable PvE content like Dungeon Run or Monster Hunt, I still go back to the modes since I enjoy them so much. Literally just Dungeon Run with Boomsday Bosses I'd be fine with, no need to build new classes like Monster Hunt did.

There will be a puzzle mode coming out Aug. 21st. We don't have a lot of details, but it seems like there will be stuff like "do I have lethal" lethal puzzles.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hrm, I see. Well, here's hoping that's good!

I'm actually more excited for the puzzles than any of the single player content they've released so far.

Based on the puzzles I've seen in other card games (Eternal Card Game and Elder Scrolls Legends), the puzzles can really make you think and find out about interactions you had no idea about previously.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I really want to try a burgle rogue. Something priest too.

Those before hunter and warlock which are what I go back to all the time.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I feel like Floop is being a little overrated. It really only fits in one deck (Malygos Druid) and that deck is already tier 1, so how much of an impact can Floop really have?

I feel like cards like Wargear, which will likely be everywhere, are going to be more impactful overall than a one-of card that can only slot into one deck.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Floop is being a little overrated. It really only fits in one deck (Malygos Druid) and that deck is already tier 1, so how much of an impact can Floop really have?

I feel like cards like Wargear, which will likely be everywhere, are going to be more impactful overall than a one-of card that can only slot into one deck.

I think it might fit several different archetypes, malygos is just one way to demonstrate how versatile it can get.

really hyped for this expansion, I hope you all get some good cards from your packs. As always I'll be opening mines until this weekend.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
170 Packs ready to open tonight at 8:30 with my good buddy. I'll stream our stupid conversation and having my kid open a couple packs as usual. I can post a link before then if anyone cares.

Xanathus

Oct 25, 2017

Floop fits in *all* ramp/control archetypes of Druid, which is Malygos, Taunt and is a huge boost to Togwaggle in Standard. If anything I'm kind of surprised that people are sleeping on Togwaggle Druid.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Floop fits in *all* ramp/control archetypes of Druid, which is Malygos, Taunt and is a huge boost to Togwaggle in Standard. If anything I'm kind of surprised that people are sleeping on Togwaggle Druid.

Ah right. I forgot about Hadronox. The Togwaggle combo is interesting too and might actually be something I would want to try out if I get Floop from my packs.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017

I've seen a few toggwaggle druids this season, but from my understanding it is definitely underplayed. Probably a combination of being a difficult deck and not a lot of people having the card. Easier to jam Malygos druid if you are going that route. I suspect we see a lot more toggwaggle going forward with all the new tools available.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think floop is the togwaggle card. The 7 Mana 4/4 reduce a minion cost by 7 is the togwaggle card I think.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
its pathetic this game doesn't have a tournament mode yet, that shit would be lit af on expansion week if it existed

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
At best Floop has insane combo potential and at it's worst is a clone of some decent text and okay stats, which is still pretty good. It has a place in almost anything outside of aggro. It's the new Fandral, a safe craft that will range from good to great. Same with Electra, just a really solid card.

Oct 28, 2017
I agree that Floop is really good and useful in basically any Druid deck that's not aggro. It's so versatile. Even in Hadronox it just gives you a second Lich King or Hadronox.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
i think my first course of action is going to be to slam some 5 cost anyfin can happens down in paladin thanks to prismatic lens

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
this is an old card that i think might rise from its grave this expansion
636590941121106397.png

it has never been used before (cos it sucks) but, warlocks got a lot of ways to buff demons in their hand this expansion, the lifesteal on a taunted demon here could be pretty damn useful if you're gonna be dealing a lot of damage to yourself potentially

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Before pack pulling, we have to know what everyone got in the previous sets to find out who is the Luckiest/Unluckiest.

Frozen Throne: Scourgelord Garrosh
Kobolds and Catacombs: Kingsbane
Witchwood: Splintergraft

Bad, good, bad, hopefully good for Boomsday?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Before pack pulling, we have to know what everyone got in the previous sets to find out who is the Luckiest/Unluckiest.

All I remember is that I got Shudderwock for Witchwood. Lol

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Are you thinking of making a test subject deck with this card?

Some kinda Test Subject OTK deck with Test Subject, Radiant Elemental, Vivid Nightmares, and all the buff spells, but the Dragon Soul also adds a bunch of 5/5 to the board to give opponent ever more headaches. I think it is possible to go infinite with spells at some point with enough casts of Radiant Elemental and Vivid Nightmares in the right places. Not sure how it will work, but want to try it at least - as I never used hat weapon since I opened it.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I think I also got two bad cards and Kingsbane, although I don't like Rogue so that was a pretty useless pull too

Like every set I expect to pull only 3 legendaries in 80 packs, all of them stuff I can't use, then just dust them and craft decent decks a month later

Please let Dr boom be good.
I don't think there's any question that Dr. Boom is good, more whether or not the rest of Warrior is good enough to pull them out of the gutter

jml

Mar 9, 2018

Frozen Throne: Frost Lich Jaina
Witchwood: Toki, Time-Tinker

Could've been a lot worse

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
I'm omly planning to open 30ish pack this time around since i'm very unimpressed with many of the legendary cards. I have enough dust to craft a couple of legendaries and that is emough for now.
Is it weird that Witchwood cards seem to have higher power levels than Boomsday cards?

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember hearing about a legendary that generates decks? Anyone know the name?

Probably going to dust craft it since I haven't played in years

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I'm fairly hype for this, but I know that in typical HS fashion there's gonna be some hilariously broken combo. I'm betting on either Maly Druid or Mechathun Druid breaking the game.
I remember hearing about a legendary that generates decks? Anyone know the name?

Probably going to dust craft it since I haven't played in years
Whizbang

KelticNight

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random question: what's the state of Hearthstone at the moment?

I just gave up just after Kobolds & Catacombs came out and just went cold turkey. Haven't logged in once this year, haven't read anything about the game either. My sanity and wallet are better for it but I was just curious if it's still the same old song and dance or if it picked up a bit after Ben Brode left?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck with your pack openings everyone! may you get the legendaries you want!

Status
Not open for further replies.