• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Brann (Hunter class): 7-mana, 2/4
Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, summon King Krush.

Sir Finley (Paladin class): 2-Mana, 2/3
Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, Discover an upgraded Hero Power.

Elise Starseeker (Druid class): 5-Mana, 5/5
Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, duplicate your hand.

Reno Jackson (Mage class): 6-Mana, 4/6
Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, deal 10 damage randomly split among all enemy minions.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ALL highlanders?? oh that's interesting...

I really like the mechanic, but i don't feel this had enough to make up for the absense of the more powerful cards like OG reno and kazakus.

out of the bunch I only see finley as really good, but then again as a 1 off I'm not sure if it would have enough impact.

I'm very pleased with the return of highlander

hutna

Oct 25, 2017
Elise seems pretty strong too. Alleviates possible resource shortages when playing a higlander deck.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
images of the cards:

missing-image.png

D_yBtCfUwAAXu31.png
da81c70ce18f7f8be9c523e78da21c491c3a654627ed9c84196bdc78d11949b6.png
e806818aecc76c2ccd9d592053b44e28128420b5b64d289d3fc1ad848eea9f14.png

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
why would bomb warrior influence if highlander is good or not?

EDIT: damn... I absolutely forgot, more than 1 bomb shuts down the decks..... that so dumb!

Last edited:

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Random nitpick time:

I always hated the ovals and they clearly struggled to squeeze that Reno artowrk into it.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Floop's Glorious Meme

Before Playing Elise
Floop, Gloop, whatever else
After Playing elise
2x Floop 2x Gloop Bees Crystal Power (1-2)Pounce (7-8 cards)
10 mana
10 Mana Pounce if 2 (7 cards)
9 mana Gloop (6 cards)
5 mana Floop (10 cards)
4 Mana Gloop (9 cards)
3 Mana Crystal Power (8 cards)
3 Mana Pounce (7 cards)
0 Mana Bees (bees the floop if necessary) (6 cards)
10 mana (2x Gloop Effect) (6 cards)
Floop Crystal Power Pounce Bees

??? figure out how to not draw cards ???
Between Bees and Crystal power there should be plenty of removal and healing

Dre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
With Bomb Warrior being a superior tier 1 deck, it's kinda unfortunate that Blizzard decided to revive Highlander decks. This expansion could be DOA if a big part of it is useless on ladder.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Guess, it's time to wait and see if Blizzard releases Bomb tech. These cards seem reasonable. not game ending or as frustrating as some of their past highlander efforts. Having counters is fine. Having a top tier deck in the meta that easily counters the huge selling point of the new expansion is hype deflating.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Those cards seem pretty bad to me. Maybe they'll shake up wild a bit.

Finley feels like the only one with potential in standard to me. Elise could maybe be used in a greedy deck that plays the long game and runs duplicates anyway.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
at this point I'm pretty sure we will see a bomb hate card, they know bomb warrior will just destroy these decks

Oct 25, 2017
As always, how good these cards are depends on what's being printed.

But...Reno seems...ok. Good and bad that it can't go face. Could be good if there's solid defensive options early on, but 10 damage just doesn't seem like enough. Probably should've been 15.

Brann seems fun. I love King Krush, so I'm on board.

Elise could be alright. Definitely looks playable.

Finley just seems like shit. Might be fun, but I don't think it will be good at all.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
According to PC Gamer, the only "no duplicates" cards are the four legendaries. Seems borderline insane if that's actually the case. Guess they might see some use in wild, I dunno.

Edit: Guess Blizzard already responded and said there's one more card coming. Still...not much support at all.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
According to PC Gamer, the only "no duplicates" cards are the four legendaries. Seems borderline insane if that's actually the case. Guess they might see some use in wild, I dunno.

Edit: Guess Blizzard already responded and said there's one more card coming. Still...not much support at all.

Watch the final one be the other Warlock Legendary since Rafaam was also in The League of Explorers.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think by the time the expansion releases bombs will deactivate singleton cards?

Obviously they do now, but I just can't imagine them wanting a mechanic that is currently so very common shitting all over the already weak premier cards.

Oct 25, 2017
Welp....Dean Ayala just made it sound like bombs will disable Reno effects. GGs Blizzard.

However he also made it sound like if it is problematic it's probably gonna be one of the first nerfs/changes

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
However he also made it sound like if it is problematic it's probably gonna be one of the first nerfs/changes
lol why is blizzard so against counterplay, bombs messing up singleton decks is a self meta check, it's fine. as long as there are aggro decks that can outrace the armor that bomb decks can create. once again, armor is the real villian in this game. IMO it should be capped or something, classes being able to build up double digits worth of armor is ridiculous and a slap in the face to the concept of the priest class

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i think people are underestimating

636988180426340235.png

in my eyes its a pre-nerf BGH but with silence, although that had a 4/2 body

at the very least its a very powerful effect for cheap

also really like seeing that highlander is back

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Surprised the quest doesn't synergize with the 1-Health minions. And I'm struggling to think of what in Paladin this Hero Power synergizes with. Tirion, I guess?

The Murmy is great and will be played in every Murloc and Zoo deck until it rotates out.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised the quest doesn't synergize with the 1-Health minions. And I'm struggling to think of what in Paladin this Hero Power synergizes with. Tirion, I guess?

The Murmy is great and will be played in every Murloc and Zoo deck until it rotates out.

anything reborn, deathrattle and divine shield can make good use of this

Oct 25, 2017
That Druid card is clearly meant to be played after the quest, otherwise it just doesn't seem very good.

And where the hell is the support for 1 health minions in paladin?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
well I don't see the second part of that card very good, 12 health means nothing most of the time for druids, so even after the quest the choose 2 options don't really make a huge difference if the heal doesn't do anything

Oct 25, 2017
well I don't see the second part of that card very good, 12 health means nothing most of the time for druids, so even after the quest the choose 2 options don't really make a huge difference if the heal doesn't do anything
I can almost guarantee it's a stall card for Lucentbark support. That really what it looks like to me. I'd use it for sure. I don't think there's any other turn 6 plays.

By turn 6 you've probably taken a serious beating.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can almost guarantee it's a stall card for Lucentbark support. That really what it looks like to me. I'd use it for sure. I don't think there's any other turn 6 plays.

and I can see that, but the main problem with lucenbark is to actually take enough damage to heal... and 12 health? that's a lot that I'm not sure if it will be just wasted.

that and silence, silence really screws lucentbark.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Blizzard: "We are all about class identity now."

Also Blizzard: "Here's a Paladin quest about necromancy and copying minions."

Oct 25, 2017
and I can see that, but the main problem with lucenbark is to actually take enough damage to heal... and 12 health? that's a lot that I'm not sure if it will be just wasted.

that and silence, silence really screws lucentbark.
???
You take plenty of damage unless you're facing control warrior. Not many classes are watching you just do nothing for 8 turns. And you generally don't play Lucentbark until you have Floop in hand if you think the opponent might be running silence. You generally won't have much of a problem getting 4 Lucentbark's on average. And if you're at full health, then heal the opponent or a minion. It doesn't just have to be your own face.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
The 6/6 taunt is still at least a 6/6 for 6 mana, which is never amazing but is reasonable for a versatile card. But the other effect on a "choose one" needs to be similarly decent, and 12 health for 6 mana aint it.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Webweaver is a spooky card. That big of a discount could potentially enable some serious shenanigans. Trying to get a massive dmg turn off with Tundra Rhino immediately comes to mind, plus I'm sure there will be some other combos that arent as obvious.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Webweaver is a spooky card. That big of a discount could potentially enable some serious shenanigans. Trying to get a massive dmg turn off with Tundra Rhino immediately comes to mind, plus I'm sure there will be some other combos that arent as obvious.
Yeah but then you'd have to get super lucky to hit tundra rhino.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Yeah but then you'd have to get super lucky to hit tundra rhino.
Well Rhino or another large beast which is part of the combo. Either way, wouldn't be the first combo dependent on that kind of RNG. I'm not sure it'll be better than just running other cards since I cant think of any instantly busted combo(at least relative to double Kill Command shenanigans) but having a big discount card in a class with charge seems like a recipe for a combo eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.